X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
    That's it!! that's the one I saw I wanted that soooo badly!!!
    I was kinda guessing you might have meant these ones. Unfortunately, these toys are legendary in Godzilla collector circles and are quite expensive. I think their retail prices were expensive too, so they didn't sell well. Too bad because they planned a RC Ghidorah as well, I've seen pics of the prototype, and god I wish they made that toy!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by cjefferys
      I was kinda guessing you might have meant these ones. Unfortunately, these toys are legendary in Godzilla collector circles and are quite expensive. I think their retail prices were expensive too, so they didn't sell well. Too bad because they planned a RC Ghidorah as well, I've seen pics of the prototype, and god I wish they made that toy!
      I remember seeing that in a toy store in NYC in the village and my heart almost came out of my mouth the box was huge I wanted to get it but my girlfriend talked me out of it.....( I dumped her soon afterwards..lol) I remember thinking that was the most epic Godzilla i had ever seen.....

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Was it the '54 or '89 version? Do you recall how much it was selling for? I've never seen one in person, I'm sure it's an imposing sight, especially with the huge box. Damn girlfriends/wives and their practicality.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

It was the 54 version,I remember it was like $500 bucks not sure exactly and the box was HUGE!!! I had 200 on me that day and was gonna go to the bank and get more to buy it...... what i should have done was ask the guy if i could put money down on it.....I don't remember why i never went back...oh wait the girlfriend would have killed me...lol

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Cool, $500 would have probably been approx. the going import price back then. A toy that big, that geeky and that expensive is definitely a relationship tester. Those RC toys are things of beauty though, I wish I had even just one of them.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

My GOdzilla's Gang Zilla from childhood.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by cjefferys
                Cool, $500 would have probably been approx. the going import price back then. A toy that big, that geeky and that expensive is definitely a relationship tester. Those RC toys are things of beauty though, I wish I had even just one of them.
                What blew my mind was that it had the skeleton under the suit...in the store they had one displayed without the Godzilla suit on and it was amazing....

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

M1Go HMV Limited Glow-In-The-Dark (GID) 1999 Godzilla - MISB | eBay

GLOW IN THE DARK 1978 MONOGRAM AURORA GODZILLA | eBay
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                    Formerly known as Del
                    • Dec 12, 2004

Ok, I don't have a huge Godzilla collection, but I love the super-deformed plush Nate got me shortly after we met. I've been trying to get him Shogun Warriors Godzilla for years. I'd even be willing to buy one with a missing fist and look for a replacement, if the price was right. I saw one at a toy show and was heading over to grab it. Seconds before I got to the stand, I saw the seller pull it off the shelf and sell it someone for fifty bucks!
                    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                      What's your favourite Big G item ever?

For me it's this:

I can't remember how old I was when I saw this in a back issue of Famous Monsters at a used bookstore but I new it was no longer available.

At the time, I had no concept of toy collecting so I was just kind of "depressed" about missing out on the thing
                      THANK YOU PALITOY for posting this!!! I had that Alien Attack set when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite toys. I've tried to find out what it was for years, but didn't know the name of it or who made it. Just seeing it again made my day.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

Bullmark, Bullpet, Godzilla
                        GODZILLA - More than meets the eye! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Shogun Godzilla!

Oh, how i wish I still had him--I stupidly sold many cool things at yard-sales...
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Godzilla 5 1/2-Inch Super Deformed Collector Figure Set - Bandai - Godzilla - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth

Godzilla Little Godzilla and Crystal Set of Statues - Bandai - Godzilla - Statues at Entertainment Earth

Godzilla Mechagodzilla SH Monster Arts Action Figure - Bandai - Godzilla - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth
                            Last edited by samurainoir; Jun 16, '12, 11:52 AM.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                              • Jan 22, 2008

I have this little cheapo Godzilla squirt gun that I'm fond of.

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Your wife really took a shine to these guys Ed. They are pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎