Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Super 8 pricing trend

Images
    While Chicago would be fine with me as well, since I fly in, I can see Scott's issue. Wheeling is more centered for anyone driving from say Florida or Texas. Though I must say even with the only early flight leaving at 6am from Pittsburgh, I'm no more tired, pulling an all nighter, than when I drove the 13 hours. That Megabus seemed like a cool idea for anyone that drives. Can't knock the pricing. It was cheaper than what you pay for tolls alone.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Images
    As far lodging I must be one of the few who had no problems at the Super 8. I am good wherever that goes. No surprise to see price increase though.
    If there is any ever serious talk of a move out of Wheeling I might know a place but I will wait until it actually comes up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    Mego boat races baby!
    A Mego Pirate Regatta would be pretty awesome.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MegoSteve View Post
    The Hampton Inn has a swimming pool. Not that I want to see any of you in a bathing suit.
    Darn. There goes the Mego Swimsuit competition.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    GEEZ - WE'RE NOT MOVING TO TORONTO. My planning skillz may not be mad, but they're at least grumpy enough to keep it in the U.S.
    So I'm going to have to hitchhike to Florida after all?

Images
    Hey,
    Super 8 is becoming a problem. Management is not very receptive to suggestions, and while the location and basic services when we get there have been OK, the scheduling beforehand, the problems with the rooms and the continual price increase with no further benefits is becoming a problem. I am looking into other hotels in the area for next year - probably more expensive, but I think the benefits would outweigh the cost. As it is, our discount continues to shrink, so I personally have no problem paying an additional 10 or 15 a night if we get better service.
    Most of this will hinge on two things - availability and the MegoSuite. I will keep you all informed.
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

I like the Chicago idea... shorter trip for me, direct flights available too. Also a better town for taking the train, which is my plan for next year.

JamesD

Who would have thought... Wheeling WV the Mecca of the East Coast lol

Images
    If we wind up staying at the 8, an alternative to the shrinking discount might be what I've already been doing: people using their AAA discounts instead if they have them.
    Just a thought if that happens.
    If we don't in an interesting twist there is steak and seafood restaurant 5 minutes away from the Hampton Inn that might be good as a new meal option.

Images
    Blog Entries
    We're looking at alternatives for next year and beyond. Once we do a first pass we'll put it out for discussion, probably shortly after the July 4 holiday week. At the very least I hope we can find a way for the Wheeling experience next year to have a paint job and a new set of tires.