Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 8 pricing trend

Images
    My biggest issue is some members have to stay at another hotel because we always sell out our blocks. The 8 says they can't reserve us any more rooms. It's a pain I'm sure to have to get into your car after staying at the Suite until late hours. Perhaps we've outgrown the Super 8. Evolution happens. We've always gone to Hoss's on thursday nights because of it's local and now there's a good possibility that's ending. Perhaps the Mego Gods are speaking.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    We were on the third floor this year ..
    so it was you making all that racket over our sleeping heads!

I'm trying to figure out how they charged Scott P that much for his extra night..the math comes off weird to me (granted, I've been awake for 15 mins and first cup of coffee in me)...

If the cost goes up much more, I'm gonna have to start budgeting better for the trip

The only benefit to me regarding the Super8 is distance to the Museum and quick access to the Suite. I like to have a couple "beverages" and cringe thinking about hoppin' in the car and have Sean drive us to our hotel.

If we decide on a larger venue for next year, I'm cool with that.

This yea's thing with reservations was like playing Bingo.
    They put your name in the hat...and when ya arrive, they pull the type of room out of the hat and see where ya land. Not a way to rent a hotel.

I thank the Mego Gods we did not get a smoking room this year - those are really bad. Go find an auto salvage yard - pick out a 1979 stationwagon - reach in and pull out that metal ashtray that's still full of ashes and butts.
    Now add water.
    Get the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    We were on the third floor this year
    AAAHHHH HAAAAA!!!!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm okay with the pricing (we stayed at the buffalo super 8 on saturday night and it was about $100) if it means I can walk back and forth from the Kruger St museum and hotel. Although I guess most people drive back and forth anyways? The only other hotel in walking distance seems to be that one across from undo's with the vintage signage and giant "dear Obama" letter pasted to the side of it decrying the corruption of the local government.

The breakfast at the super8 is awful... Was happy to see waffles added only to realize they were stale stale stale... The buffalo one had a fresh waffle machine.

Blog Entries
    we stayed at the buffalo super 8 on saturday night and it was about $100
    Well, we wandered in off the street and got the last two rooms, you get what you get in that scenario.

To it's credit it felt like the Ritz in comparison. My "Smoking room" smelled better than my "Non Smoking" in Wheeling.

I'm all for moving but only if y'all come with me.

Images
    I actually did some expedia searches only to find that over half the hotels in the area have no rooms available for next year. They only allow a certain number of available rooms for expedia. It doesn't mean they're sold out it just means they only have a few left and aren't offering expedia the option to list them. I guess that shows that demand is high and why the price increase.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

sometimes if you call into the hotel instead of booking online, you can ask for better deals and they will give them to you. they have discounts they can give

not sure if this is the case when events are being held during that weekend though.

Blog Entries
    If the hotels in that area are all booked up now, then we have to move the show
    elsewhere - preferably somewhere with an airport.

The only benefit from the Toy and Train Museum is that they let us have the
    space for free. Not much good if we can't get a place to sleep.

I say we make next year's meet at Art Baltazar's comic shop in Skokie IL.
    We can fly into Midway or O'Hare or drive in from several states.

Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    If the hotels in that area are all booked up now, then we have to move the show
    elsewhere - preferably somewhere with an airport.

The only benefit from the Toy and Train Museum is that they let us have the
    space for free. Not much good if we can't get a place to sleep.

I say we make next year's meet at Art Baltazar's comic shop in Skokie IL.
    We can fly into Midway or O'Hare or drive in from several states.
    Mmmm, now that would change my trip from an 8 hr drive to a little over 2hrs.

Images
    Blog Entries
    We started discussing some of these issues before our tires were even cool. Wheeling has a very low ceiling and at some point it's likely that we'll try something else. 2013 may be pushing it; 2014 is probably more realistic.....especially if we move it to Toronto. Passports are a PIA and I think it's fair to allow people plenty of time to get their papers in order.