Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

While Chicago would be fine with me as well, since I fly in, I can see Scott's issue. Wheeling is more centered for anyone driving from say Florida or Texas. Though I must say even with the only early flight leaving at 6am from Pittsburgh, I'm no more tired, pulling an all nighter, than when I drove the 13 hours. That Megabus seemed like a cool idea for anyone that drives. Can't knock the pricing. It was cheaper than what you pay for tolls alone.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

As far lodging I must be one of the few who had no problems at the Super 8. I am good wherever that goes. No surprise to see price increase though.
      If there is any ever serious talk of a move out of Wheeling I might know a place but I will wait until it actually comes up.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        Mego boat races baby!
        A Mego Pirate Regatta would be pretty awesome.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by MegoSteve
          The Hampton Inn has a swimming pool. Not that I want to see any of you in a bathing suit.
          Darn. There goes the Mego Swimsuit competition.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

GEEZ - WE'RE NOT MOVING TO TORONTO. My planning skillz may not be mad, but they're at least grumpy enough to keep it in the U.S.
            So I'm going to have to hitchhike to Florida after all?
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Chris DVM
              Veterinarian Member
              • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
              Super 8 is becoming a problem. Management is not very receptive to suggestions, and while the location and basic services when we get there have been OK, the scheduling beforehand, the problems with the rooms and the continual price increase with no further benefits is becoming a problem. I am looking into other hotels in the area for next year - probably more expensive, but I think the benefits would outweigh the cost. As it is, our discount continues to shrink, so I personally have no problem paying an additional 10 or 15 a night if we get better service.
              Most of this will hinge on two things - availability and the MegoSuite. I will keep you all informed.
              Chris DVM
              "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• garagesale
                Dept. of Mego Studies
                • Aug 8, 2006

I like the Chicago idea... shorter trip for me, direct flights available too. Also a better town for taking the train, which is my plan for next year.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                  Permanent Member
                  • Mar 7, 2011

Who would have thought... Wheeling WV the Mecca of the East Coast lol

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

If we wind up staying at the 8, an alternative to the shrinking discount might be what I've already been doing: people using their AAA discounts instead if they have them.
                    Just a thought if that happens.
                    If we don't in an interesting twist there is steak and seafood restaurant 5 minutes away from the Hampton Inn that might be good as a new meal option.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

We're looking at alternatives for next year and beyond. Once we do a first pass we'll put it out for discussion, probably shortly after the July 4 holiday week. At the very least I hope we can find a way for the Wheeling experience next year to have a paint job and a new set of tires.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Flynne
                        I moved to the Hampton Inn this year, which is three miles up the road, about 25%more expensive, and about 6000% upscale from the Super 8.
                        Not sure if that was the one I stayed at in 08. If it is? Yeah a much better place. The rooms had there own Microwave. This came in handy back then, I showed up early. I know my card showed "Comfort inn" which Hamton Inn is related to. Also, They were close to a major shopping center (And Cabella's). So loading up supplies was easier.
                        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

We're looking at alternatives for next year and beyond. Once we do a first pass we'll put it out for discussion, probably shortly after the July 4 holiday week. At the very least I hope we can find a way for the Wheeling experience next year to have a paint job and a new set of tires.
                          really appreciate you guys putting in all this legwork for us Mego folk.

At this point, I don't think anyone other than me really walks back and forth between the hotel and Museum do they? Most drive? If so, any hotel within driving distance is probably worth the move.

Perhaps a place with a better free breakfast facility? It's great eating and chatting with folks in the morning, it would just be even better with nicer food.
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎