X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Super 8 pricing trend

So I was unpacking tonite and organizing old stuff.
    Came across a couple of my old receipts from the super8 and thought I'd share.

We typically stay thurs, fri, sat and checkout Sunday morning.

2010 they charged me $205.80
    2011 they charged me $219.92
    2012 they charged me $245.10

$40 increase over two years or there's a discount I ain't gettin lol
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

dam that's like $80 a night for a super 8? what a rip, you need priceline or something
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

They fisted me up to the bicep this year. I ended up paying 355 for four nights. Not sure how that worked out, but it was 75 dollars a night plus 40 something for room tax?
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

In 2005 they charged me $120 for two nights, now I'm up to 180.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Id be interested to see if the tax rate went up. Hotel taxes are high no matter where you go. They were also purchased by wyndham hotels. Im sure that constituted an increase. They do sell out every year. Supply and demand makes sense. If they go up in price and still sell out you can't blame them.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

The supply/demand thing makes sense, it was just a sticker shock moment for me.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• bleit1701
              Career Member
              • Jan 1, 2009

I think whtever discount we had has faded away. The Wheeling one was full so I stayed at the Super 8 just over the Ohio border (10 minutes away) and it was $128 for 2 nights with taxes.
              Better late than never.....

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

We actually discussed this at the Mego Suite I believe. We may look for something else next year. Some people look for a hotel with a pool for their kids and stay somewhere else. But I'm guessing they would be more anyway. Of course the main reason we stay at the Super 8 is they know us by now and it's 2 blocks from the Kruger Toy Museum. But yea, I noticed the increase to the wallet as well.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Flynne
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 22, 2003

I moved to the Hampton Inn this year, which is three miles up the road, about 25%more expensive, and about 6000% upscale from the Super 8.
                  An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Yeah, Super 8 really went downhill since last year. We were on the third floor this year and the room stunk of cigarettes. It also wasn't pleasant opening the night table and finding a half eaten bag of fritos. I know Ron has a story to tell about the maid service and how bad that was. Might be up the road a bit next year. I don't think there has been one year that we haven't had a problem with reservations.

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

My biggest issue is some members have to stay at another hotel because we always sell out our blocks. The 8 says they can't reserve us any more rooms. It's a pain I'm sure to have to get into your car after staying at the Suite until late hours. Perhaps we've outgrown the Super 8. Evolution happens. We've always gone to Hoss's on thursday nights because of it's local and now there's a good possibility that's ending. Perhaps the Mego Gods are speaking.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        We were on the third floor this year ..
                        so it was you making all that racket over our sleeping heads!

I'm trying to figure out how they charged Scott P that much for his extra night..the math comes off weird to me (granted, I've been awake for 15 mins and first cup of coffee in me)...

If the cost goes up much more, I'm gonna have to start budgeting better for the trip

The only benefit to me regarding the Super8 is distance to the Museum and quick access to the Suite. I like to have a couple "beverages" and cringe thinking about hoppin' in the car and have Sean drive us to our hotel.

If we decide on a larger venue for next year, I'm cool with that.

This yea's thing with reservations was like playing Bingo.
                        They put your name in the hat...and when ya arrive, they pull the type of room out of the hat and see where ya land. Not a way to rent a hotel.

I thank the Mego Gods we did not get a smoking room this year - those are really bad. Go find an auto salvage yard - pick out a 1979 stationwagon - reach in and pull out that metal ashtray that's still full of ashes and butts.
                        Now add water.
                        Get the picture?

Comment

• megoapesnut
                          The name says it all!
                          • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                          We were on the third floor this year
                          AAAHHHH HAAAAA!!!!

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

I'm okay with the pricing (we stayed at the buffalo super 8 on saturday night and it was about $100) if it means I can walk back and forth from the Kruger St museum and hotel. Although I guess most people drive back and forth anyways? The only other hotel in walking distance seems to be that one across from undo's with the vintage signage and giant "dear Obama" letter pasted to the side of it decrying the corruption of the local government.

The breakfast at the super8 is awful... Was happy to see waffles added only to realize they were stale stale stale... The buffalo one had a fresh waffle machine.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

we stayed at the buffalo super 8 on saturday night and it was about $100
                              Well, we wandered in off the street and got the last two rooms, you get what you get in that scenario.

To it's credit it felt like the Ritz in comparison. My "Smoking room" smelled better than my "Non Smoking" in Wheeling.

I'm all for moving but only if y'all come with me.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎