Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Mego Meet testimonial

Another Mego Meet testimonial

Hi all, this is Andrew Covalt by the way...

This was my second Mego Meet and it was even more fun that last year. Being part of Doc Mego's presentation was fun and I'm glad I got to show some work that otherwise wouldn't have been seen. I had a great time in the Mego Suite chatting with MegoManiacMark, BatJimi, galaxyexplorer42, RandomAxe, Samurainoir, and the rest of the gang. Sorry I can't name everyone, but I'm bad with names, and worse with code names!

I'm always impressed with the creativity and talent in this group and on the boards.

I brought some Superfriends/Neal Adams style Batman heads. Check out the marketplace, I'll be offering them there as well.

Samurainoir/Ed: I do have a sculpting portfolio. covaltstudios.blogspot.com

And for anyone that was wondering, my thermostat on my car was broken. I got stranded on the way home in Altoona. It was quite the adventure, and both me and the car survived, but I didn't get back until Monday night.

It was still worth it!!

Until next year, guys!

Crap Andy, I meant to write and ask how it did. Thermostats are cheap to buy and often a pain to install. Hopefully it wasn't too painful. It was great taking shop with you since we have so much common background and know some of the same people. It was like talking to a much taller and better looking version of myself.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Stop it, Scott! I can't rock a stylin' shirt like you do. I'm a flop when it comes to style!
    It was cool how much we had in common. Made me want to dig up my old lead miniatures again.

Images
    very cool stuff in your portfolio.

I sculpted some of the Retro heads, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by megoknight View Post
    You sir are a Mego god!
    Ha! Thanks! I don't know about that, but I'll take the compliment.

Images
    Your Heads Were Cool I Bought One . Nice Meeting You

Images
    Blog Entries
    Seeing your work up close and personal was amazing. You should totally bring more of your sculpting work to display next year (the portfolio pieces that you are allowed to show off).

For folks that want a non removable mask Batman Retro Action custom, it doesn't get better than this. Add a custom suit by Brian Lietner and you've got something really authentic going on.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    Stop it, Scott! I can't rock a stylin' shirt like you do. I'm a flop when it comes to style!
    Wait until we install blacklights in the Mego Suite next year. Your Ghost Rider t-shirt will lead that trend.

Nice head sculpt. Maybe we can work out a trade for the suit you want.
    Better late than never.....