Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mego Meet musings

Images
    Always a pleasure sir. I really can't believe how bad Hoss's turned out to be. They started out with such promise.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images
    You had me at hello.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Blog Entries
    I don't think Hoss can handle a large group so well. Ed and I ate there on Friday and it was fine.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I don't think Hoss can handle a large group so well. Ed and I ate there on Friday and it was fine.
    Ironically, according to the waitress we were the fourth party over fifty they had Saturday.

Hoss did me pretty good this year - best they ever did if I am completely honest. Usually it is a so/so meal with nice staff....so it's hard to complain.
    This year, I did the burger on Thursday and Ribeye on Saturday.
    The ribeye was the best steak I'd ever had from them..but certainly not the best I've ever had elsewhere.
    I was unaware of all the problems at y'alls table.

Images
    While the wait seemed a bit a long I had no real issue with Hoss's Saturday. Food was good, could pick whatever I wanted off the menu, and the help was friendly.
    It's moot now, but it was a huge improvemnt over last year's Undo's fiasco.

Images
    I think there were some issues with checking out. They don't normally check out at the table, so most of the waitstaff probably weren't familiar with it never mind that many people all at once. I actually had a pretty good meal myself. I think our waitress was one of the better ones there too. They should have just let us pay at the door. I know they added the gratuity because of the party size, but just add it at the register when we come in if it's going to resolve the cashing out problem. I don't expect them to nail 50-60 meals but it seems the issues were almost reserved to certain groups. I wonder if it came down to the waitress that served you, more than the overall experience. I definitely liked it better than Undo's but I was probably more vocal about the attitude than the food with them. We can always research other places. Chinese buffet would not bother me. There's a Pizza hut there that is also good size and never seems to have anyone there. they could probably accommodate us as well.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Images
    Here's a suggestion:

http://mehlman.com/