X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duncan
    Museum focus-groupie
    • Jun 27, 2009

Brief visit + my haul

So, I had a very brief Meet this year; more of a drive-by than anything else. The reason was that I had to push on to Philly as soon as the custom auction was done. I don't want to go into detail, but basically I had to kick a squatter out of a house I'm trying to sell. (It seemed a lot funnier on Murphy Brown...)

Anyway, I had a blast while I was there, and got to say 'hi' to a few peeps I see only once a year.

Nice haul this year. I did a partial trade for the prototype Batman lamp; I pieced together Capt Marvel Jr & Mary Marvel; I got some cool stuff from LaserMego; I added Dr Kromedome to my collection, as well as an open carded Penguin.

I also snagged two open carded Robins, an open Batman card, and assorted other Mego wonderfulness. Not pictured is a delicious sloppy joe & hot dog, nor do you see the home-made fudge for sale in the dealers' room .

There were a lot of great customs this year, but my focus was obviously more on open carded stuff. See ya' next year!
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Looks like quite the haul. Nice job.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

Nice Haul. It Was Nice Seeing You Again Duncan.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

Lol, I was on the fence to get one of those robins...
        Great haul!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I have to admit, hearing your squatter story at the meet did sound like a pain and sitcomish all at once.

Glad you scored the lamp. It's a fascinating piece and I was happy to have had a chance to see it up close. It did say on the bottom that a patent had been filed... perhaps the mystery can be solved by finding that potential patent claim.

What a terrific conversation piece.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

Thanks, guys. Actually, when I read Samurainoir's comments on Friday, I figured the lamp would be gone before I got there. Looking the thing over...I wonder if it is a repurposed beer light. I might troll e-bay periodically & see if anything matches, but that's my initial feeling.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎