Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Now that is very cool. I never thought I'd see this line expand.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• sauce
      Removed
      • Jun 24, 2007

I can't stop looking for her

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
        And it still boggles my mind that neither company knew about the "victim" toy that made the national news four years prior to this. For a long time, it was the only toy NOW ever called for a boycott.
        I think it's because with that "victim" you did all kinds of nasty stuff to her with those other kits.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Lincoln's victim doll seems a little bit more innocent than Aurora's Victim, surrounded by tall those torture devices.
          As I recall, Spiegel was strictly a Mail Order type catalog. Maybe that's why they eluded the "Protective Parent Brigade".
          Like Brian stated. Though grouped in this set of Monsters. I get the feel she is like a "Dr. Chrome Dome." An action figure not originally produced by the original manufacturer but added to expand sales and play possibility.
          I'd like to know if the doll has some manufacturers mark or trademark. If she is an added knock off. Would this make her easier for someone to fake up another and claim it was from the original Spiegel set???
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I think it's because with that "victim" you did all kinds of nasty stuff to her with those other kits
            That's a really good point, the torture devices likely put it over the top.

Would this make her easier for someone to fake up another and claim it was from the original Spiegel set???
            I think you could fake up a victim, if you could find what line she originated from. A few sellers take the Barbie knock off radio and sell it as "Mr Rock's Communicator" which is true but it's not a hard to find item.

Look here's one now! Took me three seconds.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Chippupperty
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 5, 2004

Moebius....has put out that model recently

NEW! Moebius The Victim 632 NIB | eBay

Comment

• Tothiro
                Kitten Mittens
                • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by nayrbgo
                I can't stop looking for her
                From awesome 70's toy to plot structure for every 80's teen RomCom.

Comment

• sauce
                  Removed
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Thanks, B, you helped me locate the blue radio that I've been looking for. I now have red, pink and blue. Are there any more colors?

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

My heart skiped a beat when I saw this thread. Wow! Thats a great find and another mystery solved, congrats.
                    Sammy

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

OK - lemme see if this is right.

The Lincoln monster line is pretty seriously tough to find nowadays - indicating not a whole bunch of sales originally and/or a fragile product that was tossed after being broken.
                      The Victim was only available (assuming from the wording of this ad) as a catalog special in a 5 pack set. This would therefore make this set even tougher to come across than the individual monster figures.
                      One would suppose that the Victim would then pretty much become its moniker and be disposed of by the monsters, or that any kid that got this set would not be interested in a girl toy and lose the chick or give it to his sister.

It is absolutely amazing that any of these exist at all. The odds are stacked pretty high against finding this one. Best of luck to the lookers.

and super kudos for unearthing the catalog pic/description.

Comment

• shellhead
                        museum rustpot
                        • Mar 1, 2007

Most awesome discovery, congrats Brian !
                        Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>It is absolutely amazing that any of these exist at all.

It really is; although if the figure was an add-on from another set it's possible that there's a case of these.... under a more girly name.... sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Don C.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ctc
                            >It is absolutely amazing that any of these exist at all.

It really is; although if the figure was an add-on from another set it's possible that there's a case of these.... under a more girly name.... sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
                            It would be great if she was a commonplace knock off.

It's funny since I first put her on the site how many people have sent in emails claiming to have had her. It's always the same sort of thing "I didn't know why I got a girl in there".
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• luey
                              Treasure Hunter
                              • Jun 17, 2001

I am proud to have owned the victim at one time, glad it found it's way to Brian and VERY happy the mystery was solved... the guy I got it from insisted it came from a catalog and now we know... Wish he had another Good job Brain! Greg
                              Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

• Sowth
                                Career Member
                                • Mar 14, 2006

What a cool discovery! Another mego-like mystery solved. Well done gents.
                                Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎