Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mego Meet 2013

Images

Tardis

I'm pencilling those dates in on my calendar as we speak!!!
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldknight47 View Post
    I'm pencilling those dates in on my calendar as we speak!!!

Right on

I'm thinking about making the trip to Wheeling next year.

What kind of deals can I expect from mego's at the show.

Are vendors wheeling and dealing in wheeling ?
    Cornelius POTA MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes
    Cornelius is home.
    I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius POTA View Post
    What kind of deals can I expect from mego's at the show.

Are vendors wheeling and dealing in wheeling ?
    I got all 4 Alter Ego's for $20. It was buy 1 set get a free Mugato. I gave that to one of the kids to use for their custom figure. I got three from the barrel near the door. Everyone also got a free prototype GAH Ralph figure with their admission fee, we had a warehouse find. We used the left overs to make Andy gibb customs in the Suite on Saturday night. I liked it better last year when we got a set of Logan's Run prototypes. Those were cool.

Enough sarcasm, book the trip.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by megocrazy View Post
    I got all 4 Alter Ego's for $20. It was buy 1 set get a free Mugato. I gave that to one of the kids to use for their custom figure. I got three from the barrel near the door. Everyone also got a free prototype GAH Ralph figure with their admission fee, we had a warehouse find. We used the left overs to make Andy gibb customs in the Suite on Saturday night. I liked it better last year when we got a set of Logan's Run prototypes. Those were cool.

Enough sarcasm, book the trip.
    Bazinga!

I drove 905 miles one way and made the trip just fine. After you come for your first meet...the drive will be insignificant.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Megospidey View Post
    I drove 905 miles one way and made the trip just fine. After you come for your first meet...the drive will be insignificant.
    What he said. I drove a total of 1590 miles. Worth every mile.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images
    Only a "paltry" 410 miles each way for me. Longest drive I take all year but also the most worth the driving by far.
    Last edited by VintageMike; Jun 12, '12 at 6:15 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
    What he said. I drove a total of 1590 miles. Worth every mile.

From Orlando, Florida that would be almost $500 alone just in gas up and back in my 4 - runner.

Plus meals and lodging, could be another $350 or so.

That is alot of Mego's I could buy for $850

Maybe flying would be less.

Need to get some Mego shows in Florida sometime.

Orlando, Florida would be perfect. Mega tourist desination
    Cornelius POTA MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes
    Cornelius is home.
    I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Moving the meet has been discussed by people on this board the whole time I have been a member (2006).

Moving the meet is not going to happen.

Would I like for it to be in Arkansas? Or Texas? Or Lousiana? Or somewhere else closer to me? Absolutely.

But the reality is that it's not so I have a choice to make: either I save up and come to MegoMeet in Wheeling, WV...or I don't.

Gas only cost me $175 for my Honda Civic. Meals ran me about $100.

My hotels cost me $325 for 3 nights (which I had paid for before I even came).

The Megomeet experience of seeing all those Megos and other goodies and getting to see old friends....can't put a price tag on any of that.

The bottom line is this...we find the money to do the things we want to do in life.

If you want to come to Megomeet, you will put back a little each month and save and come. It can be done. 80+ people prove it.

And to chime in..you have to establish some good relationships on here with the great people here, before you can expect any good deals to happen otherwise you might as well sit at home and buy off eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Megospidey View Post
    Moving the meet has been discussed by people on this board the whole time I have been a member (2006).

Moving the meet is not going to happen.

Would I like for it to be in Arkansas? Or Texas? Or Lousiana? Or somewhere else closer to me? Absolutely.

But the reality is that it's not so I have a choice to make: either I save up and come to MegoMeet in Wheeling, WV...or I don't.

Gas only cost me $175 for my Honda Civic. Meals ran me about $100.

My hotels cost me $325 for 3 nights (which I had paid for before I even came).

The Megomeet experience of seeing all those Megos and other goodies and getting to see old friends....can't put a price tag on any of that.

The bottom line is this...we find the money to do the things we want to do in life.

If you want to come to Megomeet, you will put back a little each month and save and come. It can be done. 80+ people prove it.
    Ditto what Derek said.
    I drove just under 1000 miles roundtrip btw.