Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, there's an online mego meet here everyday. But there's nothing like being there with people who understand.

I'm not going to lie. It was a tough drive for me (32 hours total there and back) even breaking the drive up both ways, I'm still tired. I spent too much money (but I do that every where I go), and if I were a prudent man, I probably would have sat it out, and just planned for next year. But, if you said I could go again next weekend (maybe not this weekend) under the same circumstances, I'd do it.

There is no place else where you are going to be around that collection of people who have so many similarities but also cool differences. And you won't find more mego and mego-related items in one place anywhere that I know of.

The mego stuff aside, it's just cool to meet people from Oregon, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Georgia, Canada even Oklahoma and Texas, which border my own state, whom I likely never would have met, had it not been for mego meet.

Just a cool experience.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
      Yeah, there's an online mego meet here everyday. But there's nothing like being there with people who understand.

I'm not going to lie. It was a tough drive for me (32 hours total there and back) even breaking the drive up both ways, I'm still tired. I spent too much money (but I do that every where I go), and if I were a prudent man, I probably would have sat it out, and just planned for next year. But, if you said I could go again next weekend (maybe not this weekend) under the same circumstances, I'd do it.

There is no place else where you are going to be around that collection of people who have so many similarities but also cool differences. And you won't find more mego and mego-related items in one place anywhere that I know of.

The mego stuff aside, it's just cool to meet people from Oregon, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Georgia, Canada even Oklahoma and Texas, which border my own state, whom I likely never would have met, had it not been for mego meet.

Just a cool experience.

Right on Mad Marva..

I'm think about doing a Mego Swamp and Shop here in Orlando, Fl

I own a printing business and could have the meet in the warehouse for FREE to anyone who wants to come and showcase there Mego's.

Beginning of November might be good because it's a little cooler in Fla.

Could have about 5 - 10 tables set up ( enough room ) and even have and outside area in the back.

We're about 20 minutes NORTH of Disneyworld in a town called Casselberry, Florida.

We would probably pull Mego fans from the Jacksonville - Tampa - Orlando area.

Start off small and see what happens.

Just thinking out of the box...
      Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
      :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
      I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Evel KMego
        Museum Daredevil
        • Apr 26, 2006

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
        Right on Mad Marva..

I'm think about doing a Mego Swamp and Shop here in Orlando, Fl

I own a printing business and could have the meet in the warehouse for FREE to anyone who wants to come and showcase there Mego's.

Beginning of November might be good because it's a little cooler in Fla.

Could have about 5 - 10 tables set up ( enough room ) and even have and outside area in the back.

We're about 20 minutes NORTH of Disneyworld in a town called Casselberry, Florida.

We would probably pull Mego fans from the Jacksonville - Tampa - Orlando area.

Start off small and see what happens.

Just thinking out of the box...
        There ya go. See what you can organize. Promote it and get folks interested. Like you said start off small. Who know's it could grow into a get together just as big as MegoMeet. 2 suggestions - Name it something other than MegoMeet out of respect of those who organized the original, and have it at a different time of year so they don't compete and maybe folks can save in between and do both. November does sound good! Good Luck!

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by Evel KMego
          There ya go. See what you can organize. Promote it and get folks interested. Like you said start off small. Who know's it could grow into a get together just as big as MegoMeet. 2 suggestions - Name it something other than MegoMeet out of respect of those who organized the original, and have it at a different time of year so they don't compete and maybe folks can save in between and do both. November does sound good! Good Luck!
          Thanks Evel...

Will contact a few stores in the area and promote on FB.

Maybe call it Mego Swap and Shop 2013 ?

Open for ideas. November sounds good.

Need to nail down a date and commitment by mego maniacs and vendors.
          Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
          :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
          I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

You build it - I will come.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
              House of a thousand Megos
              • Aug 10, 2009

I'm lucky I live in WV we only drive 200 miles and it's 3 hrs. I have been going every year since 2008, in 2009 it was during my drill weekend for National Guard so I told my shop chief I had to go to finance and medical, then I booked it to Mego Meet in my mustang GT in uniform and speed shopped for an hour and hurried back to make it to end of day formation!!! I only told one guy what I was really doing and showed him all the awesome Mego Goodness in my back seat and he was floored I made it in 2 hrs like I was in the Cannonball Run LOL.
              Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• drmego
                EMCE Toys
                • Jun 15, 2001

Bear in mind that you may not have to make it a stand-alone event.
                I have tried to have a mini-meet at New York Comicon - without much
                success - but we did have a panel there with Marty Abrams and Chuck
                from DST.

If there is a toy or pop culture show going on nearby, talk to them about
                giving you an area to meet up.
                www.drmego.com
                www.megoman.com
                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• AcroRay
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 17, 2005

MegoMeet is worth it. It's more like a family reunion!

Hasbro's MICRONAUTS should be out by then. Should I do a new Micronauts presentation?

"Micronauts - The long road to resurrection..."
                  Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                  AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                  The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                  Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by AcroRay
                    MegoMeet is worth it. It's more like a family reunion!

Hasbro's MICRONAUTS should be out by then. Should I do a new Micronauts presentation?

"Micronauts - The long road to resurrection..."
                    Heck yes!
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Scott (Random Axe) put together a very nice get together of locals in his area, Nothing said a mini meet can't be organized in numerous locations around the US and abroad if possible.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎