Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MegoMeet Exclusive - Thank You and Goodnight!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris DVM
    Veterinarian Member
    • Jun 18, 2001

MegoMeet Exclusive - Thank You and Goodnight!

Hey,
    Although I have said it many times over the last two weeks, MegoMeet 2012 was to be the last time I will be in charge of the MegoMeet Exclusive. This year's figure, Pulsar, was my 7th figure and definitely my most complicated - go out with a bang has been my motto on this one.
    I do, however, need to take a minute to send out some thanks. I get kudo's all the time on these guys, but I really play only a small bit in the whole scheme of things. So many people have been involved to make these figures a reality.
    Mego73 - in my opinion, you are the premiere box maker. He has done every package for me since the beginning, and somehow manages every time to outdo the last. The figures might be cool, but without his presentation, they would fall flat every time. I continue to stand in awe of your product.
    Brian Leitner - what can be said of work that is perfect. Brian has done the costumes on four of the seven that I did, and without him those 4 would have been worthless. His jacket for the Indy figure was the only reason that piece was so cool. Long live your sewing skills!!
    Austin (MegoWGSH) - The Casting God!!. Austin has managed to shrink, expand, mold, cast, recast, recast, and perfect pieces for 6 of my seven figures, and it was his skill and abilities that gave these guys form and recognition where otherwise would have been a blob of goo. In particular, his stubborn persistence where others would have quit is the only reason Pulsar has his cool chest. Roomie, you have my unending respect.
    Palitoy, Joe DeRohen, Hulk, LazerMego - Guys, over the years you each have helped out in ways that I will always remain grateful for. Whether it was finding the AJ outfits for Jet, making small but essential pieces for Pulsar, or just supplying parts cheap for me, you all contributed in a way that made my life easier and the figures that much better. I tip my hat to you all.
    The MegoSuite Assembly Line Crew - it started with Ghost Rider - I was going to leave the suite at 8 pm on that Friday because I had so much to do. Instead, 6 guys offered to help, and a tradition was born. As much as my procrastination became a trademark and a joke, these 6 blossomed into an entire crew that continued to help me do the important grunt work that completes a figure. It made it easier for me to know that you would all be there to bring it across the finish line at the last minute. Thank you all.
    Scott A - it's all your's now - and thank you for letting me bow out and know it will be in good hands. I promise that I will be there for you as much if not more than you were always there for me.

And Last But Absolutely Not Least. . .

Dr. Mego - Anything I could have ever given to you at MegoCon you have repaid to me with insane interest to spare. You have been supportive, not only with product, but with services and most importantly with inspiration and backing. Heck, just to hear your war stories about life in the modern toy industry has kept me going - if you can go up and face Diamond and Mattel, I can surely paint 45 heads in 48 hours!! You, my friend, remain an anchor of reason and reality in a hobby so often filled with fantasy and illusion. Just knowing I can call and talk to you for advice and help has made the last 7 years of doing this so much better. Screw Zod, KNEEL BEFORE DOC!!

Thank you all for 7 great years and 7 great figures. Ladies and Gentlemen, ChrisDVM has left the MegoMeet Exclusive Building.

Chris DVM

P.S. Oh, and Doc, with all due respect, GFY! (LOL)
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Well siad Chris, but moreover WELL DONE!! You put out some great figures these last few years . . . . you're one of the most giving people i know, a great quality . . . . so what will you do with all that time on your hands next year???
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

You've done well sir and I think you went out on a high note.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

You are a true gentleman and I will try to live up to the exclsuive expectations you've set so high. MegoMeet Exclusive 2013 is already underway.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Ditto everything you said Chris.
          But to devote so much effor to these projects, not only shows commitment to the forums, but commitment to keeping Mego spirit alive and well.
          Pulsat came home with me..even snagged the 12" from toy man Chris to display next to him!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

You really outshone yourself on Pulsar. kudos to everyone who had a hand in putting this astonishing figure together.

ScottA has some mighty big shoes to fill, but i have no doubt he's up to the task, particularly with resources like Mego73, Doc, Bliet, Austin and everyone else in the assembly room on deck.

Can't wait to see what the official MM exclusive figure will be next year. ScottA had a rather sly smile about it.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

Thanks Chris for the dedication and hard work on some amazing figures.
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

That Pulsar is a great one to end on. I enjoyed helping out in my small way. It came out great!!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                  House of a thousand Megos
                  • Aug 10, 2009

Thanks for all you have done for us Chris, those Figures are so Awesome!!!
                  Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• Toy Talk
                    Old and out of touch
                    • Aug 7, 2009

So I took Pulsar home and of course my kids wanted to see daddy's haul. After glancing and digging through the customs my son got Pulsar in his hands and thought it was amazing. His only disappointment was no pulsing action; however, he made me be sure to display it where he can reach it so future play sessions become easier.

Pulsar was a classy way to go out. I know you had problems getting this one done in time on top of casting issues, but there is nothing about Pulsar that should not make you proud. Thanks for your devotion to the hobby and rest well knowing that years of your dedication are displayed on shelves all over the world.
                    "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• bleit1701
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 1, 2009

It was a privilage to be asked. And looking back it was a blast to work on them all. Although if you had asked on the 30 something-ish suit of any particular character I would have had a different answer.
                      Better late than never.....

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

not sure if these had been posted yet - experimenting with my new light tent:

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

I know how much effort was put into this figure. When Chris asked me advice on it over two years ago, I actually sat and drew out a rough game plan and was amazed at what it was going to require. Have to say I wondered if he'd pull it off at first. I knew the effort would be there, but there was just so much that is difficult to obtain through the routes that were available. The chest and actually assembling the torso being the hardest part. There's so much tension on those elastics holding the body together. Gotta say you pulled it off and the figure looks great. You certainly did go out with a bang and truly set the bar high for upcoming figures.
                          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2011

Thanks Chris for all your hard volunteer work.

I speak for Mego fans all around the world.

Good luck in your future.

Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                            :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                            I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎