X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Swag and memories...

whelp, another one come and gone...all too quickly.

As Mike said in his thread, how can a 7hr drive (both ways) and three days go by so quick....it's because we're one heckuva group.

Shout out to Steve and Chris for another year of organizing everything.

Another year where my son Sean gets great ideas from Chuck, Scott P and Farley. It's fun as a a Dad to watch them bond with my kid and see ideas become reality before my very eyes. Equally fun to watch how Sean and Chris tease each other during the customs build...competition competition!!!

This was my first year of building a figure, Calibos. It was very humbling to have something I made receive such an awesome response - by the way, they ALL left my table one way or another (Thanks!!!) That opened the door for Sean and myself to have a REALLY enjoyable time and spread it ALL back out among our swag....and oh, if those of you who couldnt have been there...seeing the Auction and a couple of those bidding wars..

Yes, as mentioned already, Hoss's may not be open for our meal next year. Some medical giant bought the land or sumthin...and they did not renew their least from what I heard.

There were some of the family who couldnt make it this year, and that was a bummer, but Dave, John, Amy, Art and Rose, we were thinking bout you all the time. I think I saw a chair with a pillow reserved for John...and Art was popping up in places unexpected lol.

Here's what Sean and I came home with:

Sean made a gruesome Solomon Grundy, but he isn't in the pics for some reason...I'll have to snap one real quick.
    The boxed Creature was the MikeOz kit from last year. I screwed up cutting mine out from last year, so brother Farley brought me another one. Stitched him together in the suite one of the nights.

Here are the winners from the adult customs contest.
    #2 is Hellboy by my boy Sean and the grand prize went to MegoJim for his awesome Wolf Man.

I'd like to shout out everyone by name, but good heavens...it seemed really crowded this year and soooo many people enjoying the company.

There wasn't a dull moment.
    Thanks Family for a great weekend.
    Last edited by noelani72; Jun 10, '12, 7:35 PM.
  • HumanWolfman
    Type3Toys Has Transformed
    • Oct 5, 2011

Some great looking pics Chad and that boy of yours is something else. I really hope Sean does not loose his love for building figures.
    View My Customs
    www.type3toys.com
    or check here
    http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• Evel KMego
      Museum Daredevil
      • Apr 26, 2006

Yeah, great chatting with you Chad, and thanks for the freebies you gave my son! He had a blast and is quickly building an army

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

Where did you get that pair of sneakers in the first shot? Didn't see those on any of the tables...

Comment

• MLoudin
          Possessed by Megos
          • Sep 13, 2007

Gotta be the shoes!

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

You brought on a lot of cool stuff. Ed's Joker and Scott's Black Adam and Alan Scott, and Jim's Wolfman have me jealous.

Nice talking to you the other day and Calibos is a great, great figure.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
              70's Era Pimp
              • Sep 7, 2011

Chad, It was great meeting you and Sean. As you know I was simply in awe of your Calibos all weekend. Glad I was able to pick one up!

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Nice pickups. One thing none of us have mentioned it is it's actually very gratifying seeing what other people pick up. Not only because of the enthusiasm displayed but because I doubt there is one person who comes home with everything he/she wanted because eventually the budget has to give. So it's nice to see a lot of fantastic pieces going to good homes since none of us can have the "one of everything" we'd probably take if we were able.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Really loved your display showing the process of creating your figure. Hope the costumes come back next year!
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎