Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

I know I'm a rather new member, but any hew megis that come out would be a.subject dear to my (and many other members) heart. If there is a new reveal I will wait patiently. I think the reactions of many here could be excused because it is a subject close to their hearts. Everytime I get a super hero mego it takes me back to my childhood and that's worth more than the retail price. Dr Mego and his associqtes have helped bring a small part of.that back for me as have many on this board. I certainly hope.its a new hero but if not then hurrah for the genre. Since my folks passed on when I was quite young any piece of.my childhood.I can get back is great. I tofally understand batmans state of mind when it come to loss and I can understans dr megos when it comes to promoting the cause.

Comment

• TomStrong
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2011

Sorry for the rant but I felt like you all would.understand.

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

Every year at Mego Meet, I sell my wares at half price as a reward for those
        who make that horrible drive to be there.

At my talk this year, I showed pictures of the six unproduced Mattel figures,
        but no one was allowed to film them, also as a reward for those who attended.

I plan to do more things like this as an incentive to get more people to
        come to the Meet. It's a year from now, planes fly into Pittsburgh and it's
        about an hour's drive to Wheeling. Make a commitment to go.

I don't even like that it's in Wheeling - I complain about it every year -
        but I appreciate that someone is willing to make it happen.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Wasimhosen
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 23, 2011

Doc, Will you ever be able to show them?

Comment

• ddgaff1132
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 3, 2007

I got the Joke. Sentry, Man You are over the top, man! I really missed hanging out with you and the others this year. I hope you're getting your MicroNaut collection complete!
            PS. Did Trappy make the Meet?
            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by drmego
              Every year at Mego Meet, I sell my wares at half price as a reward for those
              who make that horrible drive to be there.

At my talk this year, I showed pictures of the six unproduced Mattel figures,
              but no one was allowed to film them, also as a reward for those who attended.

I plan to do more things like this as an incentive to get more people to
              come to the Meet. It's a year from now, planes fly into Pittsburgh and it's
              about an hour's drive to Wheeling. Make a commitment to go.

I don't even like that it's in Wheeling - I complain about it every year -
              but I appreciate that someone is willing to make it happen.
              Sure, you paying my plane ticket?
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
                Sure, you paying my plane ticket?
                Yeah, and some of us you know...WORK? I'm actually not allowed to take my vacation any other time of year except late October or early January. Company policy. So as much as I'd like to go to MM, I'll never be able to.

Same with SDCC and Wonderfest.

Now, I DO NOT have a problem with attendees being shown something exclusive, but coming on here to rub it in the faces of those who didn't go is pretty lame, and is not gonna bolster your cause.

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  Yeah, and some of us you know...WORK? I'm actually not allowed to take my vacation any other time of year except late October or early January. Company policy. So as much as I'd like to go to MM, I'll never be able to.

Same with SDCC and Wonderfest.

Now, I DO NOT have a problem with attendees being shown something exclusive, but coming on here to rub it in the faces of those who didn't go is pretty lame, and is not gonna bolster your cause.
                  I hope you get paid well because that's insane, IMO. I couldn't work anyplace with a policy that restrictive.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by VintageMike
                    I hope you get paid well because that's insane, IMO. I couldn't work anyplace with a policy that restrictive.
                    Other than missing out on the stuff I mentioned, I don't really mind. My favorite holiday is Halloween, so that works out perfectly for hitting all the haunted attractions every year...I was even married on Halloween!

Plus, I'm not a summer guy, so having time off to enjoy the cold weather is okay with me. And yeah, the pay's pretty good too.

Some places are even worse. My sister couldn't even get a single day off to come to my wedding. Even with advance notice, they wouldn't let her go. We ended up getting married at 8:00 AM so she could be there and still get to work on time.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

For those who really wanted to go to the Meet but couldn't due to work commitments or finances, I'm going to show them a picture of a rare mego prototype never seen before and then post a thread about it to say "haha, you missed it".

Showing them at the Meet as a reward for going = cool.

Sharing that news with the rest of us with no intention of sharing the pic = sucks arse
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎