In case you've been living in a cave, or just recently joined ,,,
ONE WEEK UNTIL MEGOMEET 2007
This year is shaping up to be another great one.
If you are within driving distance (or even flying distance), I highly recommend you make the trip. The culmination of another year's worth of Dave McCormick busting his butt to make sure all the pieces are in place for another stellar event.
and my favorite part of all...
- An Amazing Dealer Room, with more Mego and Custom fodder found in one location since, well, last years Mego Meet.
- A Great Lineup of Guest Speakers and Panels
- The Incredible generousity of the people who donated loads of Mego and miscellaneous goodness for the Museum Benefit Raffle
- The Donations of, and Chances to Win Awesome Custom Figures for the Benefit Auction
- Not One, but TWO Brand New Mego Museum Trading Cards, created by our very own Creator and Artistic Muse of the Museum
- Jaw Dropping displays of Mego and Custom figures put on display from the collections of our very own members
- Complimentary Access to the Vast and Superb collection of Vintage Toys and Trains collected by our gracious hosts, the Kruger Street Toy and Train Museum
If you are on the fence about going, or you suddenly realize you don't have any plans next weekend, take the plunge. Tell the significant other that this is one opportunity you just don't want to pass up. Invite her or him along if that helps, but take next Friday off if you can, or get up really early Saturday morning, hop in the car or catch a quick flight. Trust those of us who have gone before, several of us multiple times, it WILL be worth it.
- The fellowship of meeting and hanging out with all of the good people in the Mego community. Good conversation, edible food, cold beers, and 2 straight days of smiles and laughter.
As you already know as a member of the Mego Museum, this hobby is much more than plastic parts, rotocast heads, removeable outfits and cool packaging. Its as much about sharing the memories and joy these toys bring us, with people who understand the thrill of opening that latest package full of Mego goodness.
Hopefully, this great tradition will continue for years to come, but there are no guarantees in life. If you asked us in NY 4 years ago if we could imagine ourselves doing it again in a year, in West Virginia no less, very few of us would have thought it possible. I get that feeling every year, so I keep flying across the country just in case. I know some people have driven or flown longer than the time they spent at these events for the same reason.
We will raise a glass and toast to all of the people who can't make it, wishing you all could be there with us. Hopefully you can be one of the people raising their glasses with us.
See you there, in person or in spirit. Here's to another great event!