Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Did you sew that suit from scratch, or downsize this one?

I've always wondered how well that one would take modification.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Wow, that is really a good choice on the head, looks eerily like him.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Megospidey
        Museum Webslinger
        • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by stevemoore
        Did you sew that suit from scratch, or downsize this one?

I've always wondered how well that one would take modification.
        I thought the suit and accessories look familiar - couldn't put my finger on it until you posted this Stevo

Whether you sewed it or altered it...you've got a great Mego eye my brother! Welcome to the boards and to customego...show us more of your work!

Comment

• K
          Fun Will Now Commence
          • Jun 20, 2001

Steve,

What figure set is that? I've never seen that, but is beeeaaauuuttiffful! Can you give some details about that? Wow!
          I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

Nice Modification of that lone ranger! Great Custom head!

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Lone Ranger Custom Info:

Hi everybody,
              Thanks for all the kind words for the Ranger Custom. Sorry for the delay on answering some of your questions. I'll try to answer all Pertaining to parts used for this custom.

Head- Cap't Pike head (Painted by the Master Dave McCormick) As i stated to Dave awhile back i always felt that Jeffrey Hunter could have played the Lone Ranger; back in his Cap't Pike days (reminds me alot of Clayton in the Menagerie episode).
              Guns- http://www.stevostoys.com/. Nice guy and great looking 1:9 scale guns.
              Body- Doc Mego....I painted the hands black.
              Mask- Robin mask (Doc Mego) I cut it to closely resemble Clayton's mask.
              Pants- mego store (Joe D.) Lite Blue pants (Ranger or Happy days pants).
              Shirt, Holster and Boots- "Premiers" limited edition 9" Lone Ranger Action figure. Shirt was sewed by me to fit the 8" scale. Gun Holster belt was modified by me by adding Plasti-zap glue on a Black Plastic folder (1/2 " extension) for semi loose fit. The Black Boots were some what challenging. I had to cut-off both legs; slightly above the calf muscle area from one of Doc's Megos bodies. and Carefully remove the Black boots from the 9'' inch Ranger body. Cut on Mego body leg area had to be "A" Symmetrical in order to combine W/Black boots. After a few hours of curing....I used epoxy glue to reinforced the lower leg and boot area(Very strong bond). Incidentally, the pants belt was also taken from the 9" figure and was glued W/Plasti-zap to give it thet scale look. Hope i was able to answer most of the questions. Thanks for the opportunity to partake in this site....God Bless.

P.S. I'll be Posting Some New stuff soon....Clue; It's why i love Star Trek. Stay tuned.
              Last edited by Ivaniski; Jan 27, '08, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• kresge1
                Museum_Bozo
                • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/9/4/1/Testing.jpg

Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.

Hi everybody I'm new here, just trying to get a hang of uploading pictures.
                This is an 8" Lone Ranger Custom Mego I customized awhile back (Dave McCormick painted the head).

Can anybody tell me how to compress a file size of a picture, because I just added
                one picture and it's telling me that it has taken up 973 KB of the 1 MB allotted.

8" action figure line has always been my favorite. "Go Mego".

Thank You.
                Great Job
                Can you give a breakdown of what parts you used
                Thank you
                Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Lone Ranger Custom Info:

Hi everybody,
                  Thanks for all the kind words for the Ranger Custom. Sorry for the delay on answering some of your questions. I'll try to answer all Pertaining to parts used for this custom.

Head- Cap't Pike head (Painted by the Master Dave McCormick) As i stated to Dave awhile back i always felt that Jeffrey Hunter could have played the Lone Ranger; back in his Cap't Pike days (reminds me alot of Clayton in the Menagerie episode).
                  Guns- http://www.stevostoys.com/. Nice guy and great looking 1:9 scale guns.
                  Body- Doc Mego....I painted the hands black.
                  Mask- Robin mask (Doc Mego) I cut it to closely resemble Clayton's mask.
                  Pants- mego store (Joe D.) Lite Blue pants (Ranger or Happy days pants).
                  Shirt, Holster and Boots- "Premiers" limited edition 9" Lone Ranger Action figure. Shirt was slightly sewed by me to fit the 8" scale. Gun Holster belt was modified by me by adding Plasti-zap glue on a Black Plastic folder (1/2 " extension) for semi loose fit. The Black Boots were some what challenging. I had to cut-off both legs; slightly above the calf muscle area from one of Doc's Megos bodies. and Carefully remove the Black boots from the 9'' inch Ranger body. Cut on Mego body leg area had to be "A" Symmetrical in order to combine W/Black boots. After a few hours of curing....I used epoxy glue to reinforced the lower leg and boot area(Very strong bond). Incidentally, the pants belt was also taken from the 9" figure and was glued W/Plasti-zap to give it thet scale look. Hope i was able to answer most of the questions. Thanks for the opportunity to pertake in this site....God Bless.

P.S. I'll be Posting Some New stuff soon....Clue; It's why i love Star Trek. Stay tuned.
                  Last edited by Ivaniski; Jan 18, '08, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                    Formerly known as Del
                    • Dec 12, 2004

What line did that Captain Pike head come from? I need to get one!
                    And you need to get a white Apes stallion or a Breyer horse, so you can display LR with Silver!
                    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Megospidey
                      Museum Webslinger
                      • Jul 26, 2006

Yes! He needs Silver! And Tonto!! We'll be looking forward to seeing them

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Lone Ranger Custom Info:

Originally posted by Megospidey
                        Yes! He needs Silver! And Tonto!! We'll be looking forward to seeing them
                        The head was purchased from Dave McCormick's website as Cap't Pike (Jeffrey hunter from Star trek). Silver (his white horse) is ready for mounting. I'll be posting some pictures soon....including some mean Hombres (Villian cowboys) who will post a danger to the Lone ranger and Tonto...Yes, I'm working on a tonto figure also.
                        Last edited by Ivaniski; Jan 18, '08, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 20, 2002

Originally posted by del
                          What line did that Captain Pike head come from? I need to get one!
                          And you need to get a white Apes stallion or a Breyer horse, so you can display LR with Silver!

Amy, the head came from Playmates Classic Trek line of 9" figures originally. I shrunk it down to 8" scale. I also used it for my Custom Dave Mc, just added a beard. Hey, if you're going to make a custom of yourself, you might as well make it better looking.

Comment

• MeerkatMego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 7, 2007

Great figure! I love the old Ranger and it's nice to see him get the Mego treatment.
                            Meerkat Mego

Comment

• Drain
                              megos are yummy
                              • Jun 10, 2007

Awesome Custom, were did you get the pistols for it.
                              Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Lone ranger.....

Originally posted by Drain
                                Awesome Custom, were did you get the pistols for it.
                                Hi,
                                Pistols were purchased from http://www.stevostoys.com. He makes cool looking 1/9 scale guns and is a great person to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎