X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Parker Brother's "Screech" game

Does anyone recall (or have) this spooky matching game? I'm obsessed with finding one--I saw one on ebay several years ago from England but missed out on it.

"Screech" was a purple owl-shaped projector whose spinning, light-up eyes showed various spooky images; the game featured coordinating glow-in-the-dark cards.

I had one as a kid--nostalgia is the impetus for so much of my collecting.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

their was an older post on the boards here from a few years back that talked about this game
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think that was mine lol!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>Does anyone recall (or have) this spooky matching game?

This one?:

Screech | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

I've never owned one, but I have weird memories of it.... so maybe one of my friends had it way back when.

Don C.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 15, 2010

I want one of these soooooooo badly.
          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thread resurrected:

I received a MIB one from my partner for Christmas!! I still can't quite believe it, barring a Parker SI or Great White Shark, it's a grail for me.

It's just as I remember, very cool--the US version with the cards, rather than the Palitoy rubber creatures.

Comment

• retrotoyboy
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2, 2009

Hi, here is the UK advert for SCREECH- Enjoy......

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD with no ads.

(Credit to project palitoy for the clip)

RETROTOYBOY

Comment

• Red Hulk
                Career Member
                • Dec 19, 2012

Wow that's pretty cool I didn't remember the game at first.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

My sister had that and I recall sitting in the darker alcoves of the house projecting images with its eyes. Kudos on the grail find!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, how cool is that! Congrats on getting that grail piece!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks! And thanks RTB for linking that awesome commercial.

I think it would be possible to do a repro sack of creatures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                        My sister had that and I recall sitting in the darker alcoves of the house projecting images with its eyes. Kudos on the grail find!
                        It's funny that you mention that--we did that a lot more than actually playing the game!

Comment

• retrotoyboy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          Thanks! And thanks RTB for linking that awesome commercial.

I think it would be possible to do a repro sack of creatures.

Your welcome - happy holidays

Comment

• mazinz
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Thread resurrected:

I received a MIB one from my partner for Christmas!! I still can't quite believe it, barring a Parker SI or Great White Shark, it's a grail for me.

It's just as I remember, very cool--the US version with the cards, rather than the Palitoy rubber creatures.

Congrats on the find!!! It is a super cool looking game which I have very, very faint memories of. If you actually open it and play the thing would love to see a video of that thing going (other than the super nice tv commercial posted by Retrotoyboy)
                            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

That is so cool! Congrats.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎