X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by AJ Collector
    I clerk for the Legal Dept. It's great to see fture deals come to life before everyone else.....
    Sweet. Glad you are here.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Uni
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 7, 2008

Hi All!

My name is Joel and I used to be on the mego mailing list about 10 years ago. You may remember me from the failed "Outrageous Mego Prices" movement, in which I suggested that we stop buying Megos on eBay to drive the prices down. Ah, the naivete of my internet youth.

I kinda got out of Mego collecting temporarily but every few months I check out the museum. I even sold almost all my stuff during a bout of extreme poverty. I still have a Jonathon Moore Green Lantern outfit which I still love, and the marvelous Dr. Mego stuff I bought to complete him. When I find the right head, he will be finished

Now my interest has returned, ironically when I've been laid off work and can least afford to satiate the lust that I still carry for megos!

It is difficult to explain just how excited I am about EMCE toys and Scott's Dida Displays with "Non-Mego" people. My girlfriend thinks it's cute (so far), but I know you will all understand and share my excitement. Yay!

of course I could never tell....
      ooooooh please let it be a good deal concerning EMCE!

You know, whenever it was around my birthday and I asked if I was gonna get something I really wanted, dad would always say "I'll never tell!" That phrase makes me SO EXCITED hehehehe.

Anyway, hi again everybody! I look forward to virtually hanging out!

Comment

• DC_Guy
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 18, 2008

I want to start off by giving thanks to the Mego Members who have helped by both getting me started with Mego Museum Cards and giving me the heads up on the “Do’s & Don’ts” of the site…..

Seeker, Steshell, T.Arnold & Spaceace35….. WOW! You guys rock, if you 4 are an inclination of what this site is all about…. Make Mine Mego! (Ok, so I borrowed a catch phrase, but you get the point)

My name is Anthony aka AJ. Collector and besides my fond memories as a youth relishing in the countless hours spent playing in my own (very impressive I might add) Mego City that my cousin David and I created in my grandmothers basement, I have not been around or even given much thought to Mego figures and those, oh so great accessories in I don’t know how long!

Then one day (about a year ago) while surfing the bay I came across a mint condition bearded Action Jackson in a minty box! Talk about being sucked in all over again….

So needless to say when I found out about this site and the thousands who share and or shared in Mego Memories, I was…. Shall we say Megomystified!

Well that’s enough rambling for now, I am glad to be here and oh yeah……. JUST TRY AND GET RID OF ME! ;-)

“Mego” IN “Mego” OUT ese! (To what do I refer?)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot….. I work for DC Comics , the first to get it, gets some comics!!!!
        Gee Anthony, you sound awfully familiar...have we met?

But seriously... everyone! I actually work with Anthony, and although I've known about the Mego Museum for several years, I didn't know about the forums here until Anthony told me about them. So here I am! And I have to say that I am really and truly stunned by all the fantastic work I'm seeing over in the "Customs" board. What an amazing job all of you are doing!

It's great to be here and share in the love we all have for what I still believe are the coolest range of toys ever made, bar none.

Comment

• AJ Collector
          The Biggest Little Man!
          • Aug 24, 2008

Welcome Bro... I have a few cards to start you off, I will bring them in on Monday!

Comment

• Seeker
            Neptunians RULE!
            • Feb 20, 2008

Welcome to all the new folks.
            Lo there do I see my Father.
            Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
            Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
            Lo they do call me.
            They bid me take my place among them.
            In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• JDeRouen
              Author of Small Things
              • Jun 14, 2001

Welcome guys!
              --
              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Noah
                • Nov 7, 2008

Hi everyone

My name is Noah and after a couple of years of browsing the museum I decided to register and join in the talks.

To me Mego reminds me of a warmer and simpler time. I started collecting serveral years ago after I found my childhood Batman and Robin (sans clothing) and have a very small but modest collection. For some odd reason I have begun collecting Eagle Force figures on card recently.

Anyway glad to be a part of community!!!! have a great evening.
                Noah

Comment

• miguet
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 11, 2007

and Welcome Noah!

Michael

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

Hi Noah
                    Welcome to The Museum
                    Sammy

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Noah
                      My name is Noah and after a couple of years of browsing the museum I decided to register and join in the talks.

To me Mego reminds me of a warmer and simpler time. I started collecting serveral years ago after I found my childhood Batman and Robin (sans clothing) and have a very small but modest collection. For some odd reason I have begun collecting Eagle Force figures on card recently.

Anyway glad to be a part of community!!!! have a great evening.
                      Noah
                      welcome buddy can't blame ya...eagle Force rocks!
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• blastphemey
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 11, 2008

good evening Noah.

Welcome to the happiest place on earth.

Comment

• Noah
                          • Nov 7, 2008

Originally posted by toys2cool
                          welcome buddy can't blame ya...eagle Force rocks!
                          They sure do. I think they are a totaly underatted line. The stories on the back of the cards are priceless. All those years as a kid I walked right past them at the local five and dime in favor of the WGSH figures now I am playing catch up. I can't believe how much people are charging for them online though.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am learning alot about the history of the best toy company.
                          Noah

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Noah Welcome, always nce to have a new face.

I'm an Eagle Force junkie myself, great line.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr Mego
                              Love to play with Megos
                              • Oct 19, 2003

Hi Noah,

Thanks for let us know about you and action figures collection, glad to have you a new friend.

Welcome to the Mego Museum!

Pat
                              Last edited by Mr Mego; Nov 14, '08, 4:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my name bellow
                              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• ladyeyeballz
                                • Nov 20, 2008

hello, my name is Tamara

hey ya'll
                                my name's Tamara MAnno and i live in bloomfield. the most important thing i think you guys should know. is that i am visually impaired and ask alot of questions. because i can't see i can't make models or customize which is sad, because i've always wanted to. however i do love to comment on other people's work and ask questions. i apologize ahead of time if i seem annoying. i just don't see things right away, and if i can't see it, i aske about it
                                thanks alot, look forward to meeting you all
                                Tamara
                                "Oooh crumbs!!"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎