This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more spots
    • Jul 26, 2008

Hi my name is Uschi. When I was a child I loved the Waltons & Enterprise stories. Now I found out that there will be dolls like Spok and Captain Kirk and so I began to collect Mego dolls. Also the Mego dolls cowboys are perfect riders for my modelhorses. Unfortuately in Germany one can not buy them and so I have to import them from USA. I love to make pictures with my mego dolls and create a scene with them- it is just like playing and awake them a little bit to life. Playing with dolls at the age of 47-no problem for me.

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Thanks AUSSIE-Rebooted. Hi More Sports. Hola Starbuk.
      VuLcAn2074

Comment

• batgirl
        Crime fighter
        • Mar 29, 2007

Welcome Sammy, Natalie and Tim!!

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

Hi batgirl. I love your avatar, It rocks.
          V~2074

Comment

• migoulle
            • Aug 18, 2008

Hi everyone!
            I'm 34 years old, from France (sorry, my english is far from being perfect!), and new to this forum.

It's been a while i'm in collecting toys mainly masters of the universes and knock off, star wars ans their friends (black holes, Buck Rogers, galactica, Tron, ...)...like a lot of collectors i can only display a part, all remaining toys keep prisoners of boxes..

The more time was going on, the more i was interested in older toys, the 70's one, and i started to collect Action Joe, the french vintage Gi Joe 12".
            I love all that refers to 70 and 60's : music, movies, and UK &US TV series's, mainly spy ans space themes (i'm actually focusing on logan's run)...i like this vintage spirits.

About mego : i'm not collecting them (for the moment!), but i realy love those toys ; simples and standardized (is it the good word?)...actually i'm into famous covers (purist collectors, don't throw me stones please!)...i know they are not Mego, but i thing it's great to see those "modern" (not so much now) toys inspired by vintage toys!

I only had two Mego in my childhood: the 8" Superman, and my 12" Spiderman..man, this may have been one of my favorite toys when i was a child! i remember the day i had it, waiting all day long to see my father getting home with it...and finaly got a superman kite ... ok, i was 4 years old, maybe my explanations were not explicits...
            thanks to my grand mother i finaly get my spiderman the following day...i still remember that very small shop, full of Mego toys!

Actually i'm very interested in customizing action figure in the Mego style (i think most of my message will be in this section), trying to create toys that never existed and that i never had, like TV movies heroes (I want a Logan figure!) or heroes from japanese cartoon that were very populars in France. I know it will take some time to learn technics, and i'll do a lot of shearshes on this forum, becuause i've seen stuff just incredibles...

At last, i've finished!

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by migoulle
              Hi everyone!
              I'm 34 years old, from France (sorry, my english is far from being perfect!), and new to this forum.

It's been a while i'm in collecting toys mainly masters of the universes and knock off, star wars ans their friends (black holes, Buck Rogers, galactica, Tron, ...)...like a lot of collectors i can only display a part, all remaining toys keep prisoners of boxes..

The more time was going on, the more i was interested in older toys, the 70's one, and i started to collect Action Joe, the french vintage Gi Joe 12".
              I love all that refers to 70 and 60's : music, movies, and UK &US TV series's, mainly spy ans space themes (i'm actually focusing on logan's run)...i like this vintage spirits.

About mego : i'm not collecting them (for the moment!), but i realy love those toys ; simples and standardized (is it the good word?)...actually i'm into famous covers (purist collectors, don't throw me stones please!)...i know they are not Mego, but i thing it's great to see those "modern" (not so much now) toys inspired by vintage toys!

I only had two Mego in my childhood: the 8" Superman, and my 12" Spiderman..man, this may have been one of my favorite toys when i was a child! i remember the day i had it, waiting all day long to see my father getting home with it...and finaly got a superman kite ... ok, i was 4 years old, maybe my explanations were not explicits...
              thanks to my grand mother i finaly get my spiderman the following day...i still remember that very small shop, full of Mego toys!

Actually i'm very interested in customizing action figure in the Mego style (i think most of my message will be in this section), trying to create toys that never existed and that i never had, like TV movies heroes (I want a Logan figure!) or heroes from japanese cartoon that were very populars in France. I know it will take some time to learn technics, and i'll do a lot of shearshes on this forum, becuause i've seen stuff just incredibles...

At last, i've finished!
              Soyez le bienvenue
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• vulcan2074
                Live Long and Prosper
                • Mar 23, 2008

Migoulle, Welcome Aboard.
                V~2074

Comment

• batgirl
                  Crime fighter
                  • Mar 29, 2007

Originally posted by vulcan2074
                  Hi batgirl. I love your avatar, It rocks.
                  V~2074
                  Thanks
                  By the way, as a kid, i was SO in love with Spock!!!!
                  I even have the Vulcan single eyebrow raise down pat lol.

Comment

• AJ Collector
                    The Biggest Little Man!
                    • Aug 24, 2008

Mego!!! There's No Place Like Home......

I want to start off by giving thanks to the Mego Members who have helped by both getting me started with Mego Museum Cards and giving me the heads up on the “Do’s & Don’ts” of the site…..

Seeker, Steshell, T.Arnold & Spaceace35….. WOW! You guys rock, if you 4 are an inclination of what this site is all about…. Make Mine Mego! (Ok, so I borrowed a catch phrase, but you get the point)

My name is Anthony aka AJ. Collector and besides my fond memories as a youth relishing in the countless hours spent playing in my own (very impressive I might add) Mego City that my cousin David and I created in my grandmothers basement, I have not been around or even given much thought to Mego figures and those, oh so great accessories in I don’t know how long!

Then one day (about a year ago) while surfing the bay I came across a mint condition bearded Action Jackson in a minty box! Talk about being sucked in all over again….

So needless to say when I found out about this site and the thousands who share and or shared in Mego Memories, I was…. Shall we say Megomystified!

Well that’s enough rambling for now, I am glad to be here and oh yeah……. JUST TRY AND GET RID OF ME! ;-)

“Mego” IN “Mego” OUT ese! (To what do I refer?)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot….. I work for DC Comics , the first to get it, gets some comics!!!!

Comment

• miguet
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 11, 2007

Welcome to Forum Anthony!

Michael

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Nice to have you Anthony!
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Raydeen1
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 23, 2008

Welcome aboard.

Tony Harris?

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

Welcome AJ. Hope you stay for the pie. This really is athe best place for kicking it back with like-minded Megonites.

Wish I knew. Would love some comics. What do you do at DC?
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• AJ Collector
                              The Biggest Little Man!
                              • Aug 24, 2008

DC Comics

I clerk for the Legal Dept. It's great to see fture deals come to life before everyone else.....

Comment

• AJ Collector
                                The Biggest Little Man!
                                • Aug 24, 2008

of course I could never tell....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡