Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671015202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Mego Museum forums!

Hi all... I'm Mike and I grew up on late 60s and 70s tv. As a child I had many Mego toys: Planet of the Apes, Star Trek and some of the super heros...Aquaman was my favorite. I love scary movies especially Vinnie Price/William Castle stuff. I hope to get my son hooked on them someday. I stumbled across this site last week looking for monster movie stuff and it took me back to all the kool toys I had as akid.

Welcome aboard Mike, I like your ID, big Vincent Price fan myself
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Trek

Hello. I'm new to the boards and "refreshed" (if not new) to the world of Mego.

I had quite a few Megos as a kid back in the 70s. My interest has been renewed by the new EMCE repros of the Star Trek line. I am loving these reproductions, and intend to get the entire line. I might also dabble in the Apes line, if money permits.

I joined these boards to discuss current "Mego" activity, and learn what I can about the Mego hobby in general.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Welcome. Interesting to see that the reproductions renewed your interest in Mego.
    This profile is no longer active.

Images

Welcome to the Mego Museum forums!

Welcome my Mego friend!!......You're home now. Enjoy your stay..... It's fun here.

Ape Hello everyone!

My name's Dwayne from Ashtabula, Ohio.

I just recently rediscovered Megos thanks to those amazing new Star Trek reissues. I walked into an FYE store, and there staring me in the face were Captain Kirk and the Klingon.

I just couldn't believe it. I was taken back to Christmas mornings in the seventies. So far I've picked up all the Trek figures and the new World's Greatest Super Heroes book...I am officially hooked.

Looking forward to the Planet of the Apes too...can't wait!

Yeah, I agree with fumetti, I think those reissues are great...I hope they do the super-heroes too!

I'll buy cases!
    Last edited by Megorilla; Feb 20, '08 at 12:34 PM.

Welcome all newbies!

AJ Action Jackson Rediscovered!

Hi Friends,

It's nice to know there are others in the universe who love AJ & Mego as much as I do. Now I know I'm not completely nuts.

Probably partly because of AJ, I actually did become an Army Paratrooper, agent, and jeep driver & pilot!!!! I only just realized this! I've done all these things but AJ and I did them first.

I have an 11 year old boy and I told him a bedtime story about my old Action Jackson with the parachute. I hadn't thought about AJ since the '70s and googled him & found the megomuseum.com site. That parachute worked very well but I lost AJ and the chute at a friends house in the early '70s....bummer.

Well, now it's settled....I've got to find my lost white clean-shaven 1100 AJ with the dark blue cotton jumpsuit, lost "secret agent" outfit, and parachute! Not to collect....nope, I'm going to buy more than one and my 11 year old and I are going to have some action adventures!!!!

It's sad that kids today don't use their imaginations like we did in the old days. Well, I'm gonna change that around here

Any hints on how to get the white clean shaven dark blue suited AJ? I haven't found him on e-bay yet and understand he's now kinda hard to come by.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm on an action-mission now!!!!
    - - AJ-Paratrooper

Images

Hello

Sorry about this post. Is there a way to delete it?
    Last edited by Monsterama2000; Mar 28, '08 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Started a new thread.