X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megorilla
    • Feb 20, 2008

Hello everyone!

My name's Dwayne from Ashtabula, Ohio.

I just recently rediscovered Megos thanks to those amazing new Star Trek reissues. I walked into an FYE store, and there staring me in the face were Captain Kirk and the Klingon.

I just couldn't believe it. I was taken back to Christmas mornings in the seventies. So far I've picked up all the Trek figures and the new World's Greatest Super Heroes book...I am officially hooked.

Looking forward to the Planet of the Apes too...can't wait!

Comment

• Megorilla
      • Feb 20, 2008

Yeah, I agree with fumetti, I think those reissues are great...I hope they do the super-heroes too!

I'll buy cases!
      Last edited by Megorilla; Feb 20, '08, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• miguet
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 11, 2007

Welcome all newbies!

Comment

• AJ-Paratrooper
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 1, 2008

Action Jackson Rediscovered!

Hi Friends,

It's nice to know there are others in the universe who love AJ & Mego as much as I do. Now I know I'm not completely nuts.

Probably partly because of AJ, I actually did become an Army Paratrooper, agent, and jeep driver & pilot!!!! I only just realized this! I've done all these things but AJ and I did them first.

I have an 11 year old boy and I told him a bedtime story about my old Action Jackson with the parachute. I hadn't thought about AJ since the '70s and googled him & found the megomuseum.com site. That parachute worked very well but I lost AJ and the chute at a friends house in the early '70s....bummer.

Well, now it's settled....I've got to find my lost white clean-shaven 1100 AJ with the dark blue cotton jumpsuit, lost "secret agent" outfit, and parachute! Not to collect....nope, I'm going to buy more than one and my 11 year old and I are going to have some action adventures!!!!

It's sad that kids today don't use their imaginations like we did in the old days. Well, I'm gonna change that around here

Any hints on how to get the white clean shaven dark blue suited AJ? I haven't found him on e-bay yet and understand he's now kinda hard to come by.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm on an action-mission now!!!!
          - - AJ-Paratrooper
          DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Comment

• Monsterama2000
            Creepy and Kooky!
            • Mar 27, 2008

Hello

Sorry about this post. Is there a way to delete it?
            Last edited by Monsterama2000; Mar 28, '08, 12:39 AM. Reason: Started a new thread.
            Erick
            sigpic
            Wonderful Wonderblog

Comment

• NewForce
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 5, 2008

hello all...
              I am an oldie back to newbie... by the mid 90's, I had virtually completed my WGSH and Star Trek mego collections (loose, boxed and carded, most all)... as sometimes happens, when bills had to be paid during slow times, I slowly started selling off my collection in bits and pieces (via Toy Shop ads initially, then ebay, etc)...as my business allowed, I would try to repiece my collection...about 6 years ago I bought all of Ahmed's Abu (not sure of spelling or even where he is these days, but I am sure some oldtimers will know who I am talking about) loose collection, in an effort to "jump start" my collecting back...but, again, as business dictated, I had to again sell :(

this time, I have spent the last year or so, starting back for a third time! so, hopefully, I will be able to hold onto my collection, and I look forward to dealing with friends old and new..
              rick

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

welcome all the new members its great to see new people. this site is great and very friendly and informative. mike

Comment

• miguet
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 11, 2007

Rick, and Welcome to the Forum!

Michael

Comment

• NewForce
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 5, 2008

Originally posted by miguet
                    Rick, and Welcome to the Forum!

Michael
                    thank you!

Comment

• Neutron X
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 22, 2007

Hi,
                      I am Ed, and I have been reading Mego Museum for several years. It's been a great joy to listen and see all the joy the collectors here have collecting Mego. You guys do a great job!
                      My first action figure ever was 1st issue Mego Superman in solid box. I thought he was a robot Superman at first because of the steel rivits. Superman was given to me to keep me busy on a long car trip to the Ozarks for vaction on summer. Superman and I went everywhere that summer. Great memories!

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Neutron X
                        Hi,
                        I am Ed, and I have been reading Mego Museum for several years. It's been a great joy to listen and see all the joy the collectors here have collecting Mego. You guys do a great job!
                        My first action figure ever was 1st issue Mego Superman in solid box. I thought he was a robot Superman at first because of the steel rivits. Superman was given to me to keep me busy on a long car trip to the Ozarks for vaction on summer. Superman and I went everywhere that summer. Great memories!
                        Welcome aboard Ed, what took you so long?
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• batmanmc
                          mego batman collector
                          • Jun 22, 2004

welcome aboard ed. nice to see more members who had megos as a kid. mike

Comment

• joffa
                            • Apr 11, 2008

Hi, I'm new, be nice

Hi All, I'm Joffa.
                            Found my way here by accident, well actually by Google, is'nt Google great for finding lost people and sending them in the right direction.

I am currently re visiting my childhood (after 42 Years) and have started to re collect The Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures and accessories. Ebay has been a start and now here possibly.

I sometimes scratch build Action figures (in recent times Farscape 12 inch Customs), but latley I am into the SMDM and Bionic Woman. I am working on a custom Max the Bionic dog and box art for a one off to add to my ever increasing collection. Pix soonish

Cheers

Joffa
                            Gentleman! I can rebuild them!!!!

Comment

• miguet
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 11, 2007

Welcome to the Forum Ed and Joffa!

Comment

• Neutron X
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 22, 2007

Thanks Guys!
                                To be honest it took me a long time to understand how to use forums like Megomuseum I also wanted to have something of value to ad.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎