X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beartex2000
    For display only!!
    • Jun 2, 2007

Hello

My name is Tony and I live in Fort Worth. I remember seeing Action Jackion on "Slam Bang Theater" (a local kid show) and I was hooked! I am 42 and have many of my original Megos from when I was a boy..all in "played with condition". I have slowly been trying to restore my collection and pop in to this site from time to time over the years. Heres a funny story, as a small boy I had multiple clark kents and peter parkers outfits that i got from a trip to the Wards over the years.. however over the years I cut up all the suits for my "primitive customs"...oh the pain...the pain!!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

Welcome to all you new members ...and to the rest of you old guys and gals RASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSP!!
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Cardzilla
        • Nov 25, 2007

Hi ! My name is Kevin. I actually joined this forum back in November, 2007. However, due to hectic work schedule and holidays I haven't been able to spend any time on the forum until now. Anyway, like most grown-ups I now have financial means to re-live my childhood by collecting (nostalgic) toys again. With this forum, I'm hoping to learn more about Megos and related products.

Comment

• spaceace35
          Career Member
          • Feb 1, 2008

hi my name is kerry
          i own a used bookstore in franklin mass
          been a long time mego fan [just wish i had the ones i grew up with.
          i have my own message board called rockin rebels

Rockin Rebels

i collect batgirl , batman and kiss stuff mainly
          Rockin Rebels

Comment

• Cardbuff
            • Dec 16, 2007

Hi Kerry,

I've got a lot of Batman stuff myself. No Megos, unfortunately. Some ToyBiz, and lots of Kenner stuff, especially the Animated Series. They did quite a few paint variations! If you're looking for anything LMK and I'll check for it.

I miss the used bookstore we had here. It was awesome, even carried comics, that's where I started into Batman comics, like Dark Knight, and then Batman figures and trading cards. When they opened a Borders 2 miles from her store, she went out of business.

This is an interesting place, all kinds of stuff. Enjoy!

Comment

• spiderrogue
              new mego-er
              • Feb 3, 2008

hey everybody, my name is Matt...i've been doing customs for awhile now...mostly smaller scale stuff(marvel legends, etc) and recently have gotten into the famous covers scale(like megos, but bigger and uhhh..better..ok, that will get me into trouble around here, huh?...so...i'm kidding).....anywho...some of you know me from other groups and through regular, annoying....and sometimes a bit confusing, emails that i send ya...(fred and joe).....but i thought that i would come onboard, mostly 'cuz i was missing being on a forum site....so, hope this helps...and I look forwards to hearing and sharing from you all...
              thanks, glad to be here..so far.....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Man, you email Fred, too?? I thought I was the only one.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Welcome Spiderrouge! Take Your Shoe's off...stay awhile!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Hey Matt, welcome aboard
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• spiderrogue
                      new mego-er
                      • Feb 3, 2008

thanks guys, nice to see some familar faces over here too(tbolt, meule, the bat)....hope to see your guys' new stuff...

Comment

• Dr. Phibes
                        • Feb 2, 2008

Hi all... I'm Mike and I grew up on late 60s and 70s tv. As a child I had many Mego toys: Planet of the Apes, Star Trek and some of the super heros...Aquaman was my favorite. I love scary movies especially Vinnie Price/William Castle stuff. I hope to get my son hooked on them someday. I stumbled across this site last week looking for monster movie stuff and it took me back to all the kool toys I had as akid.

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Mike, I like your ID, big Vincent Price fan myself
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• fumetti
                            • Feb 12, 2008

Hello. I'm new to the boards and "refreshed" (if not new) to the world of Mego.

I had quite a few Megos as a kid back in the 70s. My interest has been renewed by the new EMCE repros of the Star Trek line. I am loving these reproductions, and intend to get the entire line. I might also dabble in the Apes line, if money permits.

I joined these boards to discuss current "Mego" activity, and learn what I can about the Mego hobby in general.

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

Welcome. Interesting to see that the reproductions renewed your interest in Mego.
                              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Welcome to the Mego Museum forums!

Welcome my Mego friend!!......You're home now. Enjoy your stay..... It's fun here.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎