X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ApeAddict
    Long time stalker
    • Nov 6, 2010

My name is Chris,43, I've been reading and observing(or lurking as it's called) the Museum on and off since 2001 I believe. I was also a member of the Mego news group back in 1995-96-ish which I think was John Bonivitas group(correct me if I'm wrong)I had about 20 Megos left from childhood (I once had them all!!), and had been collecting modern toys (Mcfarlane,Star Wars,Star Trek,Marvel) and comic books through most of the 90's, but had not gotten back into my Megos. I actually sold my more valuable ones on the Mego group to fund my comic & toy collecting! (STUPID! my Romulan, Cheron, Micronauts, Buck Rogers,Etc. all gone!). It wasn't until re-watching The original Planet of the Apes movie and realizing how much I loved those Mego POTA toys as a kid and now had none. I had so many great memories associated with those toys, it was time to start reacquiring!! And thanks to eBay acquire I did for about 2 years, until my divorce hit, which changes all your priorities. So I took about a 6 year hiatus from collecting everything. Anyway about 6 months ago I brought out my POTA Treehouse, which I got in 2002 unopened, it was so awesome opening all those little bags for the first time and putting that together!! Talk about reliving a memory, and the addiction was back in full force! I'm dabbling in customizing now and need the vast knowledge and resources of the Museum to help me out so I finally signed up! Taylor or Brent heads anyone?
    Sorry so winded, but they said introduce yourself

Comment

• megoapesnut
      The name says it all!
      • Dec 3, 2007

Welcome! Do you remember who you got the unopened POTA Treehouse from? I remember selling one right around that time. Always good to have another Apes fan here

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Chris. As an ape fan and customizer you're gonna love the work of Sandy (Cmonster), Dave and Jessica. Check out the Customs Forum for their work
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ApeAddict
          Long time stalker
          • Nov 6, 2010

Originally posted by megoapesnut
          Welcome! Do you remember who you got the unopened POTA Treehouse from? I remember selling one right around that time. Always good to have another Apes fan here
          You know I don't, it was only the plain brown box from Sears, but I'm not a box collector I'm a toy collector so that didn't matter, all that mattered was what was inside was untouched by human hands, and I could relive that very strong memory of opening and assembling that amazing playset with my father when I was just 9 years old!!

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
            Banned
            • Oct 25, 2010

Welcome sir!
            I have been having a blast here - you will as well!

Comment

• billygalaxy
              • Dec 7, 2010

Hi,
              I am a long time collector and dealer but am new to the forums here. I like a lot of cool old toys including a few Mego goodies (especially Micronauts/Microman). Some photos of the junk that I collect can be found here:
              My collection - a set on Flickr
              I recently got a new room for my toys and can't wait to get the time to share some photos from that...

www.billygalaxy.com billygalaxy_on_facebook
              www.wondernw.com http://stores.ebay.com/Billy-Galaxy-vintage-toys

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

Welcome aboard!
                I highly recommend this shop for those who visit Portland.

Like your avatar. Is that the diecast Evil?

Looking forward to your photos of your room. I'm sure you must have a killer collection!

Comment

• wilbs518
                  Mego Collector
                  • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard!
                  sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Your collection is just like your store, a museum. AMAZING!!
                    Dig your Akumaizer 3 collection.
                    Have any Gorengers stuff?

Comment

• billygalaxy
                      • Dec 7, 2010

Thanks for all the kind words!
                      My avatar is the large size vinyl evil.
                      No Gorengers stuff in my collection (though I do have set of Ninja Kyaptor vinyl figures that a were gifted to me) but we do get it at the shop on occasion.

www.billygalaxy.com billygalaxy_on_facebook
                      www.wondernw.com http://stores.ebay.com/Billy-Galaxy-vintage-toys

Comment

• bigndn
                        • Sep 3, 2010

Hi My name is steve Im new at buy mego I have a spiderman that has a red body can anyone tell me how old this is

Comment

• wilbs518
                          Mego Collector
                          • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome to the boards. Check the date on his back.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Captain_Dan
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Dec 19, 2010

Glad to be here.

Hi my name is Dan, been a fan since the 70s. Im 40 now and never forgot how much fun it was wishing to have all of the megos when i was a kid and also playing with them. I only have 3 from my childhood 2 kiss dolls and Fonzie. Just got shazam off ebay this week, im really excited to start collecting them now. I found this website searching for websites that deal with repro-boxes for megos. Never knew fans/folks did that. I thought it was awesome, because the shazam i just got doesnt have a box. I emailed albert over at megocards.com but havent heard anything back yet. Anyway anyone with help on my box search would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here and look forward to meeting and chatting with you folks. Dan.

Comment

• batmanmc
                              mego batman collector
                              • Jun 22, 2004

welcome aboard dan. there are box makers or card makers on this site. post a want list of boxes and one of them shopuld respond. i havent bought any boxes sop couldnt tell you who's box is better. mike

Comment

• Batman
                                "Real" Unlike Others
                                • Dec 13, 2010

Hi I should have posted here earlier but got right into it....

I'm 40 and I have been out of the loop with Mego until the last couple of years.

I originally had the Batmobile,Robin & Batman in the 8" scale and the smaller 4" Spider-Man,Luthor,Joker,Batman,Robin,Hulk,Superman,Batmob ile,Spider-Car but they either got destroyed,stolen or lost so I forogot about it until this past year

Well I found the Spider-Car (Small) in mint condition but none of the other figures yet (I can only hope!)

So as of right now I have:

8"
                                ==

Batman
                                Robin
                                Batmobile
                                Joker

4"
                                ==

Spider-Car

And when I get time I got back into it by going to the CTVT site and found a whole new door that opened up because I do customize toys and have been for many years and do it for the passion & to have figures that I didn't in the past so this is another reason to make more characters that I didn't have as a kid so this is going to be fun!

And I had other mego lines like CB McHaul,Stretch Spider-Man,Black Hole,Micronauts,Pocket Heroes,Eagle Force,Dukes Of Hazzard (Most of them gone but had fun with them when I had them!)

Right now I am focusing on the classic Mego DC/Marvel Superheroes and even the Retro Mattel figures as well as the Retro Mattel Ghostbusters right now (As well as customs) so I am glad I came here!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎