Mego Collector
    • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard.
    sigpic

Comment

• John Hunter
      • Aug 15, 2010

Hey...

I was recently in a Toys R Us and I ran across the Retro Mego Super Heroes... I was stunned... I bought all four. I was instantly transported back to 1979 just after seeing Superman at the drive in with my father. The very next weekend my parents bought me the Mego Superman... After that for me is history...

Glad they are back and I am glad to be buying them...

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by John Hunter
        Hey...

I was recently in a Toys R Us and I ran across the Retro Mego Super Heroes... I was stunned... I bought all four. I was instantly transported back to 1979 just after seeing Superman at the drive in with my father. The very next weekend my parents bought me the Mego Superman... After that for me is history...

Glad they are back and I am glad to be buying them...
        Welcome, John! Keep your eyes out for four MORE new Retro Super Heroes on shelves soon!
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• wilbs518
          Mego Collector
          • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard, John.
          sigpic

Comment

• TEXASFETT
            #1 Bounty Hunter
            • Aug 29, 2008

John welcome aboard .... Get ready for your mego addiction!

Comment

• John Hunter
              • Aug 15, 2010

Originally posted by TEXASFETT
              John welcome aboard .... Get ready for your mego addiction!
              Ready.... hehehe lol its a full blown addition... I am still waiting to get my Star Trek collection from BBTS... I have Pike/ Salt Vampire on pre-order and the Universal Monsters on pre-order... by Monday I should be completely caught up on the Star Trek Retros....

Just need to wait to next month to get Aquaman, Black Manta, and Two Face....

Comment

• torgospizza
                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                • Aug 19, 2010

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I've been coming here and lurking for ages, but finally thought I'd register in case I needed to ask a question.

I'm an old-school Mego guy--I actually got Tarzan on a Kresge card from a local K-Mart back when I was like five--and have just picked up a handful of loose Megos (Mr. Mxyzptlk, Zira, Mr. Spock, Captain America, and Tarzan) here and there over the years, since my childhood ones are long gone. Most are missing boots or an accessory of some sort. I have a couple EMCE Trek repros and a couple of the Action Jackson guys that were put out a few years ago. The only 1/6 scale Megos I currently own are The Hulk, Spider-Man, Buck Rogers, and Captain Kirk (the last two have gray heads I really need to work on). I do plan on picking up more EMCE Trek guys and possibly a couple CTVT Space 1999 figures down the road. I still bid on Megos from time to time on eBay, but usually get nuked at the last minute by someone with deeper pockets. I used to post a lot on RTAFD and alt.toys.gi-joe years ago, if any of you remember usenet.

Anyway, I love the site as well as Plaid Stallions. Basically, you guys are my kind of people.

P.S.: I might be the only person to ever say this on here, but I really miss my old Cochise!

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard torgospizza, you'll fit right in here
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Welcome aboard John Hunter and torgospizza, you got in the right place around the Mego Museum.
                    Last edited by Mr Mego; Aug 21, '10, 10:11 AM.
                    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

welcome aboard guys

Comment

• Type Two
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 20, 2010

My name is HT. I've been a Mego collector since I was a child back in the wild and woolly 70's. I collect old Megos, new Mego-style figures and make custom Megos.

I've lurked around here before, but finally took the time to join. Hoping to help out others with their Mego questions, etc.
                        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• babycyclops
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 9, 2010

Welcome HT!
                          I'm new to the MM too, this place and the folks in it are great!

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

Welcome Type Two, stick around, it is the most amazing forum.

Comment

• jho2
                              Museum Patron
                              • Oct 5, 2010

Hello!

Hi, my name is John, I really enjoy the site. I’ve lurked around here from time to time and I finally joined. I especially love the custom work that you guys and girls have shown off. Wanted to post a note to say hey and throw out some of my background. Decades ago I had all pretty much most of the Megos that were available in the 1970’s (Trek, Apes, Superheroes), of course I didn’t get some of the short packed/harder to find dolls (Romulan, Invisible Girl, Alan and Peter the astronauts) In 1977 I got away from the Megos and began collecting Star Wars (3 ¾) it’s been mainly Star Wars ever since. I don’t remember what happen to most of my collection (Batcave, Ape’s tree house, GI Joe Airplane ) but I do remember giving away all my Trek dolls to a friend, then a year later he gave them back; but then 4 month after that , I placed them in a shopping bag and put then in the trash cans outside …. ARRRGGGG

Now flash forward to about 2 months ago, two good friends of mine bought me the repro Star Trek Bridge, and my urge to rebuild my collection has exploded. That same weekend I went out to a local gift shop and picked up almost the entire Star Trek bridge crew (repro). Then thanks to eBay, bought almost all the Alphans from Space 1999(repro) ,Now I've begun hunting for Planet of The Apes. Thanks to this site I just snagged those 2 astronauts and a general Urko!!!

I've done years of the customizing plastic action figures (Star Wars, JLU)
                              And also thanks to this site I’ve been inspired to tried my hand at customizing Megos. Granted they are only head swaps and clothing alterations (not too sure what my skill level will be) I already created:

Three Star Trek “Red Shirts” Security guards (head swaps and removed the gold ranks from their shirts)
                              A second Klingon (using a Blackbeard head ,he sort of looks like the one from Friday’s Child)
                              Alan Carter in his yellow sleeved Season 1 moon base uniform (took off Dan Mateo’s head and replaced the damaged hand)

Hoping to post pics here …or at the least add them to my blog (which seriously need to be updated)

They're Called Action Figures Damn It !!!

anyways…Hello!

Comment

• wilbs518
                                Mego Collector
                                • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome to the museum.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢