• Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard ZMOQ.
    sigpic

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

ZMOQ
      Welcome to The Museum. This place Rocks.
      Sammy

Comment

• Hagop
        • Jun 6, 2010

Hello All,

Finally registered.

Love everything you guys do here.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Rudy Panucci
            • Jun 16, 2010

Hello everybody. I'm Rudy Panucci. I write the PopCult blog for the Charleston (WV) Gazette, and also host a video show called "Radio Free Charleston." I was the action figure columnist for Toy Trader Magazine in the late 1990s, and have been a marketing consultant to the toy industry since the early 1990s.

I finally got around to signing up here after attending MEGO Meet last week.

I ran a two-part photo essay in PopCult, if you guys are interested.

MEGO MEET PART ONE: VINTAGE Pop Cult
            MEGO MEET PART TWO: CUSTOMS AND NEW FIGURES Pop Cult

I also devoted a photo essay to the Kruger Street Toy Museum:

Kruger Street Toy Pop Cult

And a few weeks ago I wrote about the MEGO 1978 Reimagined catalog project:

Random Time Again Pop Cult

Hope you guys enjoy my stuff. I plan to start contributing here soon.

Later, Rudy

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Rudy Panucci
              Hello everybody. I'm Rudy Panucci. I write the PopCult blog for the Charleston (WV) Gazette, and also host a video show called "Radio Free Charleston." I was the action figure columnist for Toy Trader Magazine in the late 1990s, and have been a marketing consultant to the toy industry since the early 1990s.

I finally got around to signing up here after attending MEGO Meet last week.

I ran a two-part photo essay in PopCult, if you guys are interested.

MEGO MEET PART ONE: VINTAGE Pop Cult
              MEGO MEET PART TWO: CUSTOMS AND NEW FIGURES Pop Cult

I also devoted a photo essay to the Kruger Street Toy Museum:

Kruger Street Toy Pop Cult

And a few weeks ago I wrote about the MEGO 1978 Reimagined catalog project:

Random Time Again Pop Cult

Hope you guys enjoy my stuff. I plan to start contributing here soon.

Later, Rudy
              Hello and welcome
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• wilbs518
                Mego Collector
                • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard
                sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Glad you joined Rudy - it was nice to meet you in WV.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Rudy, those are great articles
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

wow good work, nice to have you here.

Comment

• Xanthophobiac
                        • Jul 8, 2010

I've been meaning to join this community for some time now. I'm a fairly irregular Mego fan. I wasn't even born until years after Mego filed for bankruptcy. My mother is a big comic and sci-fi fan, but she was just old enough to miss Mego's. Her ex boyfriend was pretty big on them, but I didn't really get interested myself until DC's retro action line.

I love the texture of a cloth figure, as well as the general camouflaging of joints for articulation. I'm also a big fan of crossover compatibility so having such a large range of characters on a similar scale is always a big plus. I wish I had these figures when I was growing up!

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Xanthophobiac
                          I've been meaning to join this community for some time now. I'm a fairly irregular Mego fan. I wasn't even born until years after Mego filed for bankruptcy. My mother is a big comic and sci-fi fan, but she was just old enough to miss Mego's. Her ex boyfriend was pretty big on them, but I didn't really get interested myself until DC's retro action line.

I love the texture of a cloth figure, as well as the general camouflaging of joints for articulation. I'm also a big fan of crossover compatibility so having such a large range of characters on a similar scale is always a big plus. I wish I had these figures when I was growing up!
                          Welcome aboard

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jul 8, 2010

I used to post here several years ago as "Pharoid" I believe. I tried to resign back up and it wouldn't recognize my email address (even though I have used the same email address for nearly 10 years) so I started a new account.

I was born in '76....so I missed the joys of the 8" line....except for the Dukes

I grew up playing with mostly 3 3/4 size Mego figures...and the awesome "Eagle Force" line of figures. I have maybe 4-5 8" Mego figures....5-6 carded Eagle Force figures, and a few other random 3 3/4 Mego figures.

I also have a couple of vintage Micronauts figures (and a bunch of the Palisade remakes)...and just last week I picked up a nice clean sealed Micronauts Galactic Cruiser....and I'm waiting on a sealed Hydrocopter to arrive today I really want to get more into the vintage Micronauts stuff......that stuff is just way too cool!!!!

I'm also into a variety of other 80's toys too..... as well as comic books, electric guitars,plastic model kits,vintage video games (NES,SNES, and more) and I'm even into restoring/racing cars and trucks (not toys )

I just wanted to post my official "Hello, I'm here" post.....

Brian

Comment

• wilbs518
                              Mego Collector
                              • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard guys.
                              sigpic

Comment

• babycyclops
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 9, 2010

Hello everyone! I've been looking at this site on and off for a while, and after seeing some Planet of the Apes custom sculpts on one of the forums i got excited so had to join.
                                My background is plastic scale modelling, which i've been into since i was a kid, and currently i work as sculptor of wargaming miniatures, both historical and sci-fi/fantasy.
                                My Mego 8" Apes are some of my most cherished toys, though recently the elastic in my Dr Zaius broke and his arms and legs fell off!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎