X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I just want to welcome my good Friend Scott Metzger! He's the Guy who started me on the Customizing path about 18 years ago. Back then I had no internet, and found Scott through Toy Shop Magazine. We'd chat for hours on the Phone...and became Friends. He's made many GREAT Customs for me, which I still have.

So welcome Home Scott old Buddy!
    sigpic

Comment

• ROM
      • Apr 6, 2010

Hello!

Hello all! Been collecting Megos since the 90s and have enjoyed it ever since then. Have had many experiences in the fun (and not-so-fun LOL!) world of collecting Megos and really love the MIBs. Love the customs I see coming out all the time. I'm also ECSTATIC about the new Megos from the good Doc! Was a member at the old board (sometimes I miss that old board). Great to be back!

Brian
      Last edited by ROM; Apr 7, '10, 9:15 AM.
      Brian

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome back Brian
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wilbs518
          Mego Collector
          • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome back
          sigpic

Comment

• toyman
            Just Another Collector
            • Sep 1, 2008

Welcome everyone.

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome to The Museum everybody. This place Totally Rocks
              Sammy

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                To Fear is Not Logical...
                • Feb 17, 2008

Hi Y'all!
                It's all good!

Comment

• Scarylad
                  • Apr 14, 2010

Hi,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I am a child of the 80's so I never had any Megos. However, I did spend hours of my childhood staring at the ads for Mego in issues of Superhero Catalogue. With the advent of the Real Ghostbusters figures coming out I have decided to educate myself a little more thoroughly in Mego and I have to say I am loving it. I pulled out my old Superhero Catalogues and have been researching for a few days and think I will be adding a few vintage figures to my collection.

Comment

• wilbs518
                    Mego Collector
                    • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome to The Museum
                    sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

Welcome Scary lad, have fun with your Mego research

Comment

• toiletmonkey
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 28, 2010

hello Everyone! thought i would say howdy. as an older kid i was into gijoe 3 3/4 ,but befor that it was fisher price adventure people but befor that it was all about my megos! though i didnt call them that back then. i just called em' "my guys" i had hulk,superman,batman,robin,spidey and of course ActionJackson! today in a fit of nostalgia i purchased a couple lots of AJ stuff. my gijoe collection being complete i needed something new to sink my teeth into and ol AJ seemed like the best idea as i liked him best back in the day, i really didnt like the super heros as much as i like the adventures of a normal guy like AJ.
                        i grew up pretty poor and those megos i got from a garage sale so i didnt have all the cool stuff that you could get for Action Jackson. so im trying to build a small collection of action jackson stuff to share with my son who will be three in a few days.
                        sooo thats why im here. i look forward to meeting and talkin with all you guys.
                        Think of what you want to be...Then call on me.
                        -Action Jackson

Comment

• ericmego87
                          Museum Patron
                          • Apr 27, 2010

ericmego87

hello,
                          is fabulous to meet people who are as impassioned as you!!!! the super hero mego remelts me food my childhood, is magic universe mego,
                          in a friendly way Eric

Comment

• wilbs518
                            Mego Collector
                            • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard fellas.
                            sigpic

Comment

• ZMOQ
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jun 1, 2010

New member Introduction: Hi everyone!

Hi everyone,

I can’t believe how much STUFF is on this site! I spent hours over the last few days looking at the MEGO galleries in awe.

I’m a child of the 60’s, but I don’t remember it very well. The 70’s are what I really remember. My favorite toy was a Baloo (Jungle Book) jiggler. He looks like this:

Jigglers - The Jungle Book Collection

He was always “The bear who wanted to be Gi Joe”. I remember getting GI Joe stuff before the Adventure Team existed so this had to be ’68 or ’69. But SCALE was always a problem because the bear was a stubby 4-1/2” and GI Joe was 12”. So everything was hopelessly oversized… the boots, the rifles, the uniforms, the deep sea diver helmet…

Then, I remember a new toy line called “Action Jackson”. The AJ stuff was better scaled for Nabs (the bear) and his men (Spooky Kooky jigglers and rubber gorilla jigglers). The helmets fit, and so did the uniforms, after the sleeves and the pant legs were cut off. The 4” MEGO M-16 rifles were also a better fit.

We even had an AJ treehouse, and looking at the photos of it on this website, all those memories came rushing back. OMG, that Zulu shield and spear! And the assemble-it-yourself crossbow, which broke in the middle of the bow, of course.

Around 1974, when the POTA TV series was on the air, the rubber gorillas took charge and modeled their world after Ape City. I recall a bendable Dr. Zaius being added, since he was closer to the rest of them in size. Sadly, we never actually OWNED any 8” MEGO figures, but we sure had a heck of a lot of their stuff!

I think the last MEGO toy I had were the Micronauts. I was a comic collector, and the Marvel Comics Micronauts series was big at the time. I recall that SCALE again was a problem. Some Micronauts toy characters were much bigger than other Micronauts, but in the comic, they were relatively close in size. I didn’t really get into it, and I was getting older and outgrowing toys in favor of other interests.

I became a teen, got into records, radio and rock n’ roll. Grew up, became an adult, got a job. The toys went somewhere into the black hole when I wasn’t paying attention and didn’t notice. You all know how that is…

Then it was the mid 90’s when my older brother gave me a box and said “remember these?” It was a box of some of my old toys, Nabs the bear, two of his Spooky Kooky men and a whole bunch of rubber gorillas!

I was able to rebuild a large part of Team Nabs using ebay. Accessories, like the AJ stuff in the old days is always a plus. I was stunned to find an active MEGO collecting community these days, and companies that sell repro MEGO accessories. It’s like being a kid in a candy store again. Vintage isn’t a requirement, as long as the scale is correct!

I love the customization galleries. I’d love to post some of my creations there soon.

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard ZMOQ, feel free to post your customs, love to see 'em
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎