X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Hi, I'm Bill. Long time listener, first time caller. Well, actually I've been posting here for a few years now. I'm a big fan of almost anything 70's superhero, Mego being the prime focus of that admiration.

I came here to learn about Megos (and have learned sooooo much), but I keep coming back for the amazingly cool people.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Ladyrixx
      • Jan 4, 2008

My name's Andrea, and I had a bunch of the DC megos back in the early 80s when I was a kid. I still have most of those megos, abeit chewed on.I found this site after buying a Doctor Who head on eBay...and realising the poor guy needed clothes. I love customizing toys, I started with models and garage kits, moved to BJDs, currently I'm doing more with Pinky St. figures, as it's less scary to mess up on a $6 Pinky than a $600 doll. Now I'm really seeing a good future with megos. A little more than Pinkys, but they pose and the costumes are more flexible.

(And I'm hooked once I figured out there were vintage Doctor Who megos. I'm sold!)

Comment

• haggis
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 17, 2008

Brave New World

Greetings, my name is Andrew. I've been collecting action figures, mostly Star Wars, wrestling and assorted super heroes, for about 15 years now. Fond memories of Megos from my childhood have brought me here. My Mego collection consists of mostly Star Trek figures(8'). I have four carded and a few loose plus the 'bridge' playset. I'm working on getting some POTA Megos as well. A friend who posts here(not sure of his username) gave me a couple of Mego Museum trading cards and I couldn't resist signing up. This place is like a trip down memory lane for me(child of the 70's and all).
        No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Ladyrixx and haggis
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Cardbuff
            • Dec 16, 2007

Hi, my name is Pat, and I've been collecting stuff since Wacky Packages back in 1973. Wackys led to other non-sports cards, and that aspect of my collecting has never stopped.

My first action figure was the Six Million Dollar Man. In 1976 I discovered Star Trek, and I was hooked. I bought the Mego figures whenever I could - opened several of them, but was also enough of a collector even then that I kept the carefully opened packages, and bought a few extras to keep nice.

I loved Megos, and the sci-fi titles especially, got some Buck Rogers, the GAH Bug set, bridges and command centers, electronic toys, whatever I could. Some I opened, most I put away due to lack of display space. I also went for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and MASH. Got into Batman around the time Dark Knight came out, then got started on comics, and comics figures and trading cards.

Got the Galoob Trek figures and toys, then Playmates. I particularly liked the 9" figures because they reminded me of Megos.

I've pretty much stopped buying new figures, the whole chase and limited edition thing just ruined the fun for me. Even with trading cards now, you can't "collect them all", with those I just get base sets nowadays. But, the Star Trek Mego reproduction figures caught my attention recently, finally I can have the aliens! And now I'm feeling the action figure fever starting up again. Still, the way I found this great forum was from an article in Non-Sport Update, talking about the Mego Museum trading cards. I hope to be lucky enough to break into that soon. They are the perfect combination of my two favorite hobbies!
            Last edited by Cardbuff; Jan 19, '08, 5:38 AM.

Comment

• celsius
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 19, 2008

Oh is this where i say HI....
              Im new and I have just recieved a Mego Comic Heroes Wonder Woman set and it is perfectly new you wouldnt believe its over 30 years old.
              I also have a few Wonder Woman 13 inch dolls and a Movie 13 inch Superman.
              Cheetah and Celsius will attack and aid Wonder Woman when I compete them in their 1970s glory!
              Im tempted to recreate an evil Super Woman too.
              Anyone has 13 inch female black boots? I have paypal! LOL
              AWESOME to be here.
              Im from New Zealand! Paradise on Earth.
              sigpic

Comment

• Iron Bison
                • Jan 20, 2008

Hi,
                I am MegoGeekJr's older brother. I have seen him visit this board and sometimes lurk myself. I am also a Mego enthusiast. I hope to have a wonderful stay here.

Comment

• steshell
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 20, 2008

Hi my name is Steve, I'm 50 years old and I live in Telford, UK.

I've only just joined the forum although I have been meaning to for some time. I'm off work with a bad back at the moment awaiting an operation and I'm looking forward to spending a few hours reading the posts.

At the moment I collect silver-age DC comics and trading cards but I'm looking to start a collection of DC Megos although finances are tight right now. The WGSH cards look fantastic and I'll be dropping by daily to see if I can start a collection.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by steshell
                    Hi my name is Steve, I'm 50 years old and I live in Telford, UK.

I've only just joined the forum although I have been meaning to for some time. I'm off work with a bad back at the moment awaiting an operation and I'm looking forward to spending a few hours reading the posts.

At the moment I collect silver-age DC comics and trading cards but I'm looking to start a collection of DC Megos although finances are tight right now. The WGSH cards look fantastic and I'll be dropping by daily to see if I can start a collection.
                    Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your back, good luck with the surgery.
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                      • Jan 22, 2008

I'm new!

Hello, I'm looking to meet toy addicts like myself who love collecting toys #1 for fun. Seems with ebay so many people are focusing on value and worth. Everyone likes having a rare toy etc. but I am not intrested in listening to people just brag about the value of their collection although must be hard at times looking at all your great collections lol! I collect Stretch Armstrong and elastic heroes, super Joe, Pulsar, SMDM, assorted monster toys (everything from Kaiju to mighty men and monster maker)star wars,gi joe, and recently stuff like thunder cats and other asorted 70's , 80's, and even slightly newer toys.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Hey Glad to see you make it Andy!
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rainz1019
                          • Jan 23, 2008

Hi,
                          My name is Justin, I had Megos when I was a kid and started collecting them as an adult about 5 years ago. Started visiting this somewhere around then to see what every figure was suppose to look like. Anyway, I really like the site and thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Justin

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Well now is as good a time as any.
                            I apologize for not introducing myself on this wonderful forum. I've been on here since October and since then I've actively met some great people on here. I'm not new to the Forum culture since I've been on three other forums that catch my interest. One being the Record Collectors Guild, other being Rickenbacker Resource Forum and the third being Hotel Womb, dedicated to my fave band The Church.
                            I got into Mego 8" figures recently after being an avid fan of Robot Chicken on Adult Swim. I had my firt mego, Robin Type 1, when I was 5. Loved it to death and cried when it's foot broke off. After that I got a Croc and would play with my friend who had the entire collection plus the almost all vehicles and sets for the WGSH, including Wayne Manor. Had another friend who had all the Star Trek sets and figures. So as you can see I grew up around these figures and like many on here eventually graduated to Star Wars and then I left it all behind for music.
                            Not that I'm 37 and with the advent of the internet culture, I've managed to go back to my penchants such as collecting pop culture stuff, including things like Giant Robot, Ultraman, Star Wars figures, Gorengers figures, mini coopers and rickenbackers.
                            I'm glad I'm on here and now I will shut up. Thanks for being great folks and making things fun around here. Now I'm off to customize, which I've slowly worked into. I guess I should post pics with what I've done so far.

Cheers

Ed

Comment

• monkey tennis
                              "Kiss my face."
                              • Jun 8, 2007

Celsius
                              Iron Bison
                              Steshell
                              Stretchandro
                              Rainz1019
                              and
                              Ealdrett
                              "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Hello everyone. My name is Jessica. I will be 42 this year and have 3 boys. I never grew up with Megos, but I came upon this site looking for POTA-related pictures. Someday soon I am going to make a mini Ape-City in my backyard and play there with my 3 sons.

I bought my POTA Megos in October of 2007 and decided that I wanted to also have a gallery as an MM customizer. I do not see myself as a collector but I do see myself as a crafter. I have so much fun making clothes for these little guys...it's become quite an obsession lately. My charity knitting work has gone by the wayside I'm afraid. This is a great forum and I have learned a lot and am meeting new friends. What more could you ask for?
                                Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                                Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                                1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                                1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎