X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimCem99
    New Yorker stuck in Hell!
    • Jan 30, 2010

Hi, I'm Jim and I'm 37. I've loved Megos since I was a kid. My first Mego was a Hulk for my 8th birthday, then I got an Iron Man and I was hooked. Of course my cousin had all the figures I wanted that we could not afford.
    I got back into it a few years ago when I was in a store on Long Island (The Land of Ooh's and Oz where I met Paul Clarke) and bought his custom Batgirl and Robin in boxes. Unfortunately I had to sell them when we moved down here to FL. I got back into collecting once I saw Mattel with their Retro DC Action figures. This time I hope to stay hooked and not sell anything. As I'm still out of work, I'll have to limit my buying. Glad to be here.

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

sweet so the new green arrow got you back into megos. I know several members who hope this stuff happens so sales increase and we get more retro goodies.

BTW welcome to the boards.

Comment

• JimCem99
        New Yorker stuck in Hell!
        • Jan 30, 2010

Originally posted by MegoMark71
        sweet so the new green arrow got you back into megos. I know several members who hope this stuff happens so sales increase and we get more retro goodies.

BTW welcome to the boards.
        Thanks and don't worry about that post in the marketplace. I was just trying to contribute and thought that's what the seller might've meant.

Comment

• wilbs518
          Mego Collector
          • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard, Jim. this place is the best!
          sigpic

Comment

• Toy Talk
            Old and out of touch
            • Aug 7, 2009

Glad to have you with us. You do not have to have a lot of money to enjoy hanging out here, only to shop. Hearing the the Retro figures is what brought you back is exciting.
            "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

Welcome, Jim, Obi, Iron Mego, Jason and all new members!
              It's all good!

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Hey welcome aboard

Comment

• LizardJones
                  • Feb 3, 2010

Hello

I just joined today, and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is AJ. I used to have a bunch of 8" Mego figures when I was a kid (Planet of the Apes and Superheroes), and lost them all to tragic garage sale mishaps. I'm slowly re-building the collection, and of course, adding to it. Always wanted the Star Trek guys...

I also collect old GI Joes (most of which I managed to hang on to, somehow).

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard AJ, you picked a good time to join, 2010 will be a very exciting year for Mego
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome to The Museum AJ, Iron Mego and Jim. This place Rocks
                      Sammy

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

I've been reading like crazy to find answers to the numerous questions I have. Trying to bone up on my Mego history. Really like all the info available here and on the Mego Museum site.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

hello this is tllgn,a guy who still has his old mego figures from the good ole days ,and has never really lost the bug ,oh it was on the shelf for a spell,but always there,collected figures i found where ever i could, never giving up my many megos,and always yearning to collect these toys ,in the 90s i collected other toys ,but it just wasnt the same ,oh a few times here and there ,some where close,exampe the wee win heros of the kingdom,now thanks to dr.mego its like the time tunnel ,and i am back getting new toys and buying the great stuff from classic mego .thank you

Comment

• Kal-El
                            Kirby is King
                            • May 6, 2008

Welcome to the ever expanding mego world. Do you do customs or just vintage megos?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                              Radioactive!
                              • Feb 13, 2010

Hi, I'm new here!

Megos in many ways were the golden age of my childhood. My first Mego was Aquaman vs the Shark when I was about 3 years old, and I eventually had most of WGSH, all of Star Trek, and most of POTA. I still have most of the ones I played with as a kid, and can't believe I'm actually going to be able to get all new characters (bring on the Flash) almost 40 years later. Thanks to everyone here for keeping the Mego spirit alive, and especially to Emce for ushering in a new era!

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
                                repeat offender
                                • Feb 10, 2010

New in Town

Hey, everybody. My name's Rich and I'm thrilled to be a part of this community. I have browsed through in the past, but the wealth of info and fandom has inspired me become a participating member. I design the magazine Back Issue for TwoMorrows Publications, so naturally I'm completely abuzz about the new WGSH figures (don't call 'em dolls!)!!!

I look forward to jawing with everybody about new releases/rereleases, and I just got hooked on the Mego Museum cards!!! I never got an Iron Man as a child, and I guess I've been too cheap to ever acquire one on eBay, so here's to hoping the Marvel WGSH come out real soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎