This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog6125
    • Jan 18, 2010

Hello everyone, I have just signed up as a new member and thought I should say hi. I have been an off and on collector/customizer for several years now. I travel quite alot for my job and that is why I say on and off again. My collection is mainly the Trek line and I have been buying heads from Dave McCormack for some time. I have also been buying and selling on Ebay and my name is the same there also. I have enjoyed looking over this site and others out there. This is a great way to bring back those childhood memories. Thanks again for a great site and hello to everyone.

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog6125
      Hello everyone, I have just signed up as a new member and thought I should say hi. I have been an off and on collector/customizer for several years now. I travel quite alot for my job and that is why I say on and off again. My collection is mainly the Trek line and I have been buying heads from Dave McCormack for some time. I have also been buying and selling on Ebay and my name is the same there also. I have enjoyed looking over this site and others out there. This is a great way to bring back those childhood memories. Thanks again for a great site and hello to everyone.
      Glad you joined us
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wwgrandkid
        • Jan 19, 2010

Hello Mego Folk -
        I'm in the process of properly cataloging the thousands of pieces of Wonder Woman & related memorabilia that my father has collected for his Wonder Woman family museum [his father created WW, hence the 'Family' museum].
        I've been into the Mego site many times, but never into the forums... so, HI! to all of you; can't wait to start scanning!
        christie
        wonderwomannetwork.com - A cozy corner for Wonder Woman Friends and Fans from all over the globe

Comment

• wilbs518
          Mego Collector
          • Jul 25, 2009

welcome aboard everyone! This place is the best. So Dr. William Moulton Marston is your grandfather? Awesome. You must have some great stuff. Can't wait to see some of those items!
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Welcome aboard Christie! I'm anxious to see what you turn up.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• wwgrandkid
              • Jan 19, 2010

thanks for the welcome, guys!

I stumbled into the mego museum site while tracking down some basic info on a collapsing tower play set, and kept coming back for additional mego info. Dad has pretty much swooped up anything WW that got into his field of vision - - without researching origins or history - - so the esoteric collective knowledge in here is truly a godsend for me.

I doubt if I have anything to post that would be new to mego collectors, but I'll certainly look. I'm in the midst of getting a website together for my father - check out the museum page to get a basic idea of the scope of product [i'm far,far,far from having each individual item on the site... the pics that were on file here are about as useful as the inventory files]
              here's the main site link : Wonder Woman Network created by William Moulton Marston's son Pete Marston to connect Wonder Woman friends fans,display Wonder Woman collectibles in Wonder Woman family museum
              but - be forewarned, this site is under construction - by somebody with zero experience in building web sites hahahahahaa

meanwhile, mego hunting i will go!
              wonderwomannetwork.com - A cozy corner for Wonder Woman Friends and Fans from all over the globe

Comment

• wwgrandkid
                • Jan 19, 2010

okay, that was odd... and you KNOW i can't resist seeing if it does the same with straight type.... [sorry!!! curiousity...]

wonderwomannetwork.com

Comment

• The Spi-Lizard
                  • Jan 19, 2010

Greetings, all. It is nice to be a new member of this forum and hopefully I will meet a lot of fellow collectors and enthusiasts. I have been a collector of different things for years...such as comic books and different action figures...but Megos have been a personal favorite of mine since I was very young. While I do not have any of those toys from when I was a kid, I do have a few that I have picked up over the years that I remember having back then....like a boxed Lizard and Wolfman {gotta love that toothy grin }. It is nice to meet you all and hopefully we can talk Mego and about other related collectibles. Until then...thank you.

Comment

• M3G0M4V3R1CK
                    Hooked On Mego
                    • Jun 15, 2008

Welcome to the site bud would love to see a pic of that boxed wolfie.
                    Good Buyer-Trader List ...

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome to The Museum Christie, Bulldog and Spi-Lizard. This place Rocks
                      Sammy

Comment

• MegoMark71
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 18, 2008

welcome aboard new members.

Comment

• bgrimm77
                          NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
                          • Jan 4, 2009

Welcome!!! You are gonna love this site!!!
                          WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• Jason Broadway
                            • Jan 17, 2010

Hello. I'm Jason Broadway, and I'm new to the board. I used to have Megos as a kid, but never took care of them back then. Eventually I want to get the Megos I had back then again and hopefully start collecting them. The only one I have right now is a Mego Superman action figure that I got at the Superman Festival in Metropolis, Illinois 3 years ago. I hope that everyone on the forum is doing fine today. I also like to ask if anyone knows where I can get a repro 8 inch Mego Superman card along with the clamshell to protect the figure. Let me know, and I hope to enjoy my stay on the board. Take care everyone. Jason Broadway.

Comment

• Obi
                              • Feb 1, 2010

Hello

Hi all,

I've lurked for years but have found myself doing more with my Trek Megos lately so I thought I'd join up. Look forward to getting some good advice and learning from some of the customizers and everyone.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

Hello all. I have been reading and enjoying both the Mego Forum and Mego Museum blog for a few months now, and finally decided I need to join up.
                                My Mego history dates back to I guess 1974-75, when I got my first Batman and Robin. I had a number of B&Rs growing up, as they never seemed to last too long (plus, I think I played with some in the pool, and they pretty much fell apart) as well as at least one Batmobile. I would say from 5-10 years old I also had 8" Spideys, Hulks, Aquamans and Jokers. I had at least one each of 12" Spidey and Hulk. Once the Pocket Heroes rolled around I'm pretty sure I had Hulk, Spidey, Lex Luthor and possibly Batman and the Joker. I only remember having maybe three Micronauts; Time Traveller, Pharoah and maybe one other.
                                My Mego Holy Grail was (which you can probably gather from my username) Iron Man. I don't think our local toy stores ever had him in stock, but I remember seeing him in the Mego ads in my comic books. I also had a hankering for Green Goblin, Thing, Human Torch and Cornelius & Zaius from the POTA lines. Hope to get one or more of them here or via eBay. It does look like I've just acquired my first Mego figure in about 30 years, thanks to this forum.
                                I have very little knowledge of the figures, other than what I remember as a child, so I may be reading more than I post on the messageboard.
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎