X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by puckace
    ps puckace because hockey is my other passion besides toys.
    Welcome!

I assume you have the Action Jackson Hockey outfit -displayed on AJ?

Comment

• bgrimm77
      NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
      • Jan 4, 2009

Hey there PUCKACE welcome to the coolest forum on the web ! send me a P.M. if you dont have the ACTION JACKSON hockey outfit I just might have one for you m.o.c.
      WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• MegoMark71
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 18, 2008

Hey puck, huge hockey fan myself.

Comment

• mextoys
          • Feb 2, 2009

Hello puckace, welcome! I am new here too and I can tell you that you will find a lot of information and great fun!!

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Todd
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• puckace
              Museum Super Collector
              • Feb 5, 2009

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm enjoying the site. It's great to have so much Mego information and Mego fans all in one place. Got my Sulu/Gorn pack this week. I can't stop humming the TOS Star Trek theme all through out the day

Todd

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by puckace
                Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm enjoying the site. It's great to have so much Mego information and Mego fans all in one place. Got my Sulu/Gorn pack this week. I can't stop humming the TOS Star Trek theme all through out the day

Todd
                Welcome Aboard, Todd!

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

Welcome Aboard Guys. This Is A Great Place /megos Are Hands Down The Best Tiys Ever Made. Mike

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Hello everybody, my name is Jay, I'm 44 years old, and I'm a relapsed Megoholic !!
                    I received my first Mego at the age of 8 in 1972, a boxed Action Jackson figure. My first WGSH figure came the next year, a Kresge-carded Robin (painted mask, elastic belt), which I promptly ripped open and discarded (the package, not the figure!). Later that year I was allowed to buy a boxed Captain America, and then the following Christmas I really hit the jackpot, as I received over a dozen Megos, split between WGSH and POTA. The following Christmas brought more Mego goodness.
                    Flash-forward; about 10 years ago, soon after discovering ebay, I began amassing a staggering collection of boxed and carded Megos, encompassing virtually every line: WGSH, POTA, Trek, WoOz, Starsky & Hutch, AJ, One Million BC, Pirates, Knights, etc. Then, foolishly, after I had gathered about every figure I could realistically afford, I sold them all off to fund other things I felt were more important.
                    While I don't miss the majority of those figures too badly, I did regret selling my WGSH collection almost immediately (I've read and collected comics for nearly 40 years, so they held a special place for me). A few weeks back, I stumbled upon the Ben Holcomb book on Amazon, ordered it, and I caught the bug again. I'm currently in the process of selling off a number of other collectibles that I've found don't have nearly as much charm as those Megos, so that I can justify re-acquiring the 29 WGSH figures.
                    Just a few short years ago, I owned all the WGSH boxed (including the elusive Isis), a loose/mint set of Teen Titans in custom boxes, a complete loose/mint set of the 29 WGSH, and many carded figures (but none of the really rare ones). I don't know if I'll ever be able to complete another MIB set, so my focus will be to first put together a loose/mint set. Thanks to a few helpful Megoheads I already have a good start (thanks Ed, Rob and Charlie!).
                    I plan to attend MegoMeet '09 in June; I was surprised to learn of this annual gathering, and even more stunned to find out it is held in Wheeling, WV, only about 70 miles from where I live, and only 40 or so from where I grew up! Heck, that first carded Robin I received in 1973 was purchased in downtown Wheeling (now mostly vacant of retailers thanks to Malls and shopping plazas)!
                    I look forward to meeting a bunch of you in June!

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Jay and congrats on picking up your addiction again
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• vulcan2074
                        Live Long and Prosper
                        • Mar 23, 2008

Hi Jay
                        Welcome to the Museum. I Hope that you get all the MEGOs that you want. I too am a MEGOholic, There so Addictive
                        Sammy

Comment

• sauce
                          Removed
                          • Jun 24, 2007

Welcome Jay! This is the MEGOiest place on Earth!
                          :-)

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Welcome Jay!
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• smikeyr
                              • Jan 17, 2009

A Mego memory...

Hey all...I've been posting here for about a month, but am still a newb and haven't contributed an introductory "Mego Memory" yet, so here 'tis:

As just about everyone here over the age of 40 can confirm, the '70s were a great time to be a kid...and especially a boy: Kung Fu, the Six Million Dollar Man, Evel Knievel, Big Foot, KISS, UFOs, the Adventure Team, Big Jim, comics, classic '60s re-runs on TV (Get Smart!), James Bond on the movie of the week, CB radios, Star Wars (the ultimate game changer), and Megos, of course!

I turned 10 in 1976, and had been a comics and Mego junkie for at least 4 years at that point. I got my first Mego in '72 or so (carded Aquaman at Kresges I think, in Warren, PA), and I'm pretty sure I had a Superman and a Batman, too. But the Marvel characters were off-limits: my parents thought they were ugly (Spiders, Things, Goblins...you get the idea), and that the comics themselves were too "weird" for my delicate sensibilities. That all changed in '73 or so when I managed to clandestinely get my grubby little hands on a coverless copy of Avengers #104. Wow! I'm not sure how Balboa (the explorer, not Rocky!) felt when he first laid eyes on the Pacific Ocean...but this had to be close: cool characters (The Vision! Wish they'd have done a Mego for him!), fast-paced action, wild super-powers! This was NOTHING like Batman on TV, or the Superman comics I'd been reading. Awesome!

From that moment on, I was a Marvel kid (and still am, even though I turn 43 this year). My parents eventually relented: even though titles like "Tomb of Dracula" and "Werewolf by Night" still didn't make the cut, they didn't have a problem with Captain America and the Fantastic Four (my mom was a comic reader back in the '40s, and remembered Cap and the original Human Torch from the Golden Age). But the figures were a different story...when I got Megos as gifts, I was still only getting DC characters.

Cut to my 10th birthday party. Unlike the huge, chaotic, "destination" parties (gymnastics! Chuck-E-Cheese! lazer tag!) my daughter (age 9) goes to these days, birthday shindigs tended to be much lower key affairs back in the '70s at my house: a few friends in the dining room, cake, ice cream, played a dumb party game or two, then we got down to the important business of opening presents before my mom kicked us all out of the house to play outside (and so my dad could smoke a cigarette in peace!).

I remember all the kids at the party like it was yesterday: Clifford, Brian, Vicente, David, and Steve...my best buddy in the whole world, and my 4th grade partner in crime and fellow comic book addict. And his is the only gift I remember from that day 32 years ago, and the only 10th birthday gift I still own to this day: a Mego Mr. Fantastic. And it was fantastic: my first Marvel action figure! So what if he didn't stretch, or really do much of anything at all? I was a big fan of the "Marvel's Greatest Comics" series (which reprinted Silver Age FF stories by Lee and Kirby), and this is EXACTLY what Reed Richards looked like to me. A few bucks rarely bought so much joy!

Later that day, I went to Steve's house and we played with Megos (and G.I. Joes, and Hot Wheels, etc., etc.), read comics, and generally did gloriously pointless things, I guess, until--like all good things--it ended much too soon. Ah, well...it was almost summer, and we'd soon have all the time in the world to do absolutely nothing at all.

One of our favorite Mego-related activities back then was making our figures "fly" by sailing them down the slanted, corrugated roof of their family car-port, the top of which was right outside Steve's bedroom window. But I must have used my DC guys for that particular brand of abuse, because my Mr. Fantastic is still nearly as clean and undamaged as the day I ripped it out of the package.

Great times, great memories. Many thanks to the Mego Museum for bringing it all back home to this particular fan! Great job, guys and gals!

Best,

Mikey
                              Last edited by smikeyr; Feb 22, '09, 9:27 AM.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                                Permanent Member
                                • Dec 18, 2008

welcome jay and mikey

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡