This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomcat
    • May 5, 2014

Hello all My Name is Tom~ I'm a Seasoned Collector--- I've been collecting ACTION FIGURES for well over 4 decades--- I've been collecting STAR WARS, G.I.JOES, THUNDERCATS, POWER RANGERS, HE-MAN and More. if there's a great Figure line that was made i probably got them, i just recently finished off my BIONIC SIX Collection and i'm on the fast track with Megos now--- i already have the DUKES OF HAZZARD and almost done with my STAR TREK mego's. now all there's left is the GORN--- yes, i have the ROMULAN on card and loose, complete. KLINGON on Card GRADED 89 and loose complete. KEEPER, MUGATO, TALOS, CHERON, NEPTUNIAN and ANDORIAN all loose and complete.

I do have the CREW MEMBERS of the U.S.S. ENTERPRISE, CAPT KIRK- MOC Unpunched & Loose, Complete MR. SPOCK- MOC Unpunched & Loose, Complete and UHURA-MOC Unpunched & Loose, Complete. MCCOY and SCOTTY Loose & Complete, got all the WIZARD OF OZ in boxes except WIZARD, MUNCKINS and GLINDA--- OUR GANG opened Cards except PORKY & BUCKWHEAT and last but least WALTONS all in Boxes--- Not bad for a year's haul looking forward on completing PLANET OF THE APES- Next

Comment

• osker55
      Booyaaa
      • Aug 8, 2011

Welcome to the forum Tom hope you enjoy your stay
      Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
      AHI wolfman moc
      Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
      Kresge moc WGSH
      Other stuff to update

Comment

• tinyminis
        • Nov 4, 2014

Hello, my name is Nick. I am pretty new to Mego & reMego. I am 35 (36 next month) so I missed out on Mego the first time around. I have recently decided to start making custom superheroes and villains for tabletop gaming. My first purchase has been the Create Your Own Superhero Kit by Dr Mego I got off Amazon. They arrived this afternoon and after a little playing around with them I think I have made the right choice. Next up I need to order some more stuff to make more characters.
        I have always preferred to customize my figures rather then play with them as is. My G.I. Joes were routinely taken apart and had their arms, heads, and legs swapped to make new characters.

Comment

• Hexigore
          • Jun 2, 2015

Hi everyone. My name is Brian and I used to have a few Mego figures when I was younger. They provided me hours and hours of fun as a child. I am mainly interested in the Star Trek dolls. I had a couple as a kid (which were played with until they were in pieces) and would like to try and build a complete collection. I look forward to reading other fan's stories and gaining some insight to the Mego Star Trek world. Thank you.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Welcome to the Museum Brian!
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
              Career Member
              • Apr 30, 2015

Hello everyone!!!

Please, you will have to excuse my ignorance here. I've been looking for a thread here for me to introduce myself, but have only just found it. I guess I didn't look hard enough. I've been feeling awful just jumping in on threads without an introduction.

My names Paul and I'm 37, living in the UK. I've always been a big fan of super heroes, but only recently started buying toys seriously. I've always bought Star Wars in the past and horror related.
              I've always known about Mego and had a good many of the figures when I was young. It was FTC's Batman 1966 line that got me into the super hero side of things. Naturally I started looking into FTC's other lines and it just went from there.
              I found this site just by having a browse for Mego in general.
              Last edited by Boy_Wonder_1978; Jun 23, '15, 3:38 AM.

Comment

• Imdareaper
                • Sep 11, 2015

Hello Everyone.

I am a long time Mego Museum Member, but forgot my username and password.
                When I was a kid, I got an Action Jackson and we couldnt afford to get outfits so Mum made them for me.
                The last 10 years, I have gotten into Collecting Figures, I now have most of the Mego Superheroes, some have reproduction parts, but I can live with that, what I dont have in true Mego, I am getting in FTC Figures and am getting most of them anyway.. I have all the Batman 66 sets, and FTC Teen Titans as they are hard and expensive to get in Mego.
                I got all the Mattle ones, but do not like them.
                Also Big Jim is my collecting these days as Megos dont come along often for lower prices.
                But then I do collect a lot of other figures anyway.
                I have the Set of Mego Pirates I just got, but are missing some parts.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
                  Teen Titan
                  • Feb 21, 2016

everyone!
                  My name is Grüner Pfeil and I'm a German Mego collector.
                  I have been watching the Mego Forum/Museum since summer 2013 and did my first Mego purchase in September 2014. My first figure was Captain America.
                  I'm mainly collecting WGSH (except 12 inchers, they don't fit in my showcase) but if I come to a Mego of another line for a cheap price, I don't say no.
                  This was the case when I bought my Enterprise crew. I collect the original Megos but I'm also looking to get into the new FTC like Alfred, Scarecrow, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane since I am a big fan of Superman and Batman. This is why I also collect their comics. Here in Germany, Superman and Batman shared a series of comics from 1966-1985.
                  I have also a little collection of Kenner Star Wars figures from the 70s and comic/cartoon figures from the 60s.

I'm happy to be part of this community now and look forward to talk with you about this great hobby.
                  I'll post pictures of my collection soon.
                  Last edited by Grüner Pfeil; Mar 5, '16, 4:41 AM.

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Hello everyone, newcomer here. I discovered the forums and Mego Museum after discovering the Pod Stallions podcast on Youtube. Youtube put it in my recommendations after I subscribed to a channel called Comic Trips and then watched all the episodes of Toy Hunter. I binge listened to all the Pod Stallions over the next few weeks, and also discovered the old Mego Podcasts and Geeks Shall Inherit podcasts on Itunes and these have reawakened my love of old toys, tv, movies and such form my childhood (not that they were ever really gone but the focus on them was in comics and games).

I'm in my late 40s, married, no kids (but pets), and a native New Englander now living in Ohio. I loved, loved, loved Megos and Micronauts as a kid, had a lot of World's Greatest Super-Heroes, Trek and the odd PoTA figures, but we moved a lot, and every time we moved I had to downsize my toys, so lost all of them through moving attrition over the years. By the time we settled down in '82, I was in 8th grade and not much interested in toys anymore but still had an abiding passion for comics and Dungeons & Dragons. My comics passion was fueled at that point by discovering my first comic shop and realizing I could finally get all those issues I missed because we moved so much or because my folks wouldn't let me buy them as a kid. RPGs remained a passion for a long time too, and I ended up doing some freelance writing for D&D for some of the third party publishers about a decade or so back.

I still loved the idea of my old toys, but tight budgets and the cost of comics and rpgs ate up most of it, but a couple years back I started getting more and more interested in vintage toys, and discovering Comic Trips and Toy Hunter a few months back, then binge listening to all 40 some odd episodes of Pod Stallions has ignited my interest. I had bought the odd action figure over the years of characters I liked, even picked up the Mattel Darkseid retro-Mego style figure a few years back but I didn't really dive back into the toy realm until this past spring.

My first pick up was the Dr. Evil/Ming the Merciless figure form the re-released Captain Action line, followed by a bunch of the Book & Record sets from Power Records/Peter Pan (Conan, Man-Thing, Star Wars, Star Trek and the Black Hole), a couple of vintage and Power of the Force Star Wars pieces, and a Six Million Dollar Man repair station. After hearing about Biff Bang Pow's Doctor Who line, I tracked down the Sutekh figure, which was my favorite Dr. Who story. Found an antique mall/flea market near here where I picked up my first Micronauts piece in nearly 40 years with Andromeda (I had Karza as a kid but never the horse). I went to my first toy show this weekend (The Ohio Toy Comic Show in Fairborn, OH) where among the many things I picked up were 3 more Mirconauts toys (Biotron, Microtron and the Hornetroid) and all 3 Robert E. Howard heroes (Conan, Kull, & Solomon Kane) from the Figures Toy Company. So I've got the toy bug big time, and prefer the Mego style to others (though I like them as well). My toy focus right now is Micronauts, Flash Gordon, the Hanna-Barbara heroes (Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, Herculoids, etc.) and sword & sorcery type stuff, and I was quite enamored of the recent stuff started via kickstarter for Legends of Cthulhu. I picked up the Deep One figure at a shop called Big Fun in Columbus a month or so back.

I've never done any customs on action figures or Megos (though I spent years painting and doing a little custom work on the metal and plastic miniatures for D&D and other rpgs). But I've had a notion of trying to do some Jonny Quest customs-Dr. Quest and Race Bannon seem natural fits for being kitbashed out of the old 12 inch G.I. Joe line, and I think and 8 inch Mego style for Jonny and Haji would work to make them kid size to Race and Benton's adult size, but I need to start looking for the raw materials to give it a try (unless of course someone comes out with a Jonny Quest line before I get to it). Anyone with helpful suggestions on how to get started, I'd love to hear it.

Looking forward to learning the community, getting to know folks and learning a lot.

-M

PS I usually use The MRP or just MRP as a forum name (my initials) but I had a keyboard freeze when signing up and the "he" in The didn't show up and I didn't notice it until after I had submitted the info, so I got stuck with TMRP-is there any way to change it to just MRP or to add the he after the T?
                    Last edited by MRP; Jul 25, '16, 3:09 PM.
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Welcome to the Museum! (I'm sure a moderator can help you with your moniker.)

Look for Hanna-Barbara offerings from reMego company FTC (Figures Toy C0.)--they're going to do some classic Jonny Quest figures.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Welcome to the Museum! (I'm sure a moderator can help you with your moniker.)

Look for Hanna-Barbara offerings from reMego company FTC (Figures Toy C0.)--they're going to do some classic Jonny Quest figures.
                        I saw that in the Toy Figures forum after I posted my into, very excited for that.
                        -M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

A quick question-and I am not sure where to ask it, so I thought I would try here in the welcome thread since I am new here...

I see the MegoMeet subforum, but is there anyplace else we can post about other toy shows? I am starting to do more local and regional shows, and I was talking to the organizer of the Columbus (OH) toy show this past weekend at another smallish show, and he said the show last time had a large Mego presence, and I was wondering if anyone form here had attended or is planning on attending this Sept or knows of good dealer sot seek out there for Mego stuff (and Micronauts too), so I was wondering where to post about shows other than Mego Meet if there is such a place?

-M

Comment

• CybermanBill
                            • Dec 30, 2016

My name is Bill.... (CYBERMANBILL). I grew up playing with MEGO figures from Planet of the Apes to the Super Heroes to Evil Keneivel, etc.... I'm so glad I found this place.. I just recently did a Review on my YouTube channel on the Denys Disher Doctor Who 4th Doctor figure that MEGO helped make. If u like to see it, and get a feeling of what I'm like... click:

Thanks to everyone!

Comment

• Moxen
                              Museum Patron
                              • Nov 6, 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm Daryl and I was born a few years after the Mego craze, so I never had one as a kid. Instead, my friend gave me some old Toyfare magazines where I discovered Twisted Toyfare Theatre. I was already into comics, so why not comics starring toys? I loved them and started buying the collected TTT's.

My favorite character in TTT was Dr. Doom, a hilarious fountain of impotent rage. Years later, when Toyfare was cancelled, I decided I wanted a Dr. Doom of my own, and started searching. That's when I found he was actually a Charlee Flatt custom and that Charlee had already stopped customizing. If I wanted a Doom, I would need to make one myself! During my research, I stumbled across the Mego Museum where I have lurked for a few years, off and on. I have thought about making my own TTT's for a long time now and have been gathering figures from that strip. I was also into the DC Retro Action line (of which I am now only missing a few figures) and I have gradually been collecting the pieces of the Doom I would like to attempt.

I got my first Mego in 2009, Spiderman, since he was one of the most prominent characters in TTT. I am currently hunting for a complete T2 Green Goblin with no paint rubs. Spidey needs his nemesis!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Welcome! And try making a Dr. Doom--it's pretty easy.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎