X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Try contacting LaserMego here, great vinyl stickers and 3D printing.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jointwarrior89
      • Feb 3, 2020

Hello. My name is Jon and I am 50. I have just gotten back into collecting Mego again after a little hiatus.

I have always been a huge lover of Mego and as a kid I received a Captain Kirk, Doctor McCoy and Mr. Spock. I had some fond memories of playing with Megos at my best friend's house and he had all of the Planet of the Apes figures.

Recently, I have begun collecting the Mego Planet of the Apes figures.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Oh, we are going to have some simian fun!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

welcome to the MM jointwarrior89!

Comment

• ppota
            • May 5, 2020

Hello everybody, my name is Jeff and love Mego products. I have collected Micronauts and love the 8" for the ones that are my favorites, like Star Trek and Planet of the Apes and that you can customize them. I am a part of a couple Mego groups on FB and thought I could stretch out to see what else I can find and meet new people.

Some of my figures and always looking to add to them.

Comment

• Supergirl
              • May 13, 2020

Hi, so I collect merch of my favorite superhero characters. I signed up as it seems like a good place to find news on upcoming megos. I'd like to collect the Supergirl and Batgirl ones. If they ever do Arrowverse I'd love to get Katie Cassidy's Black Canary and Black Siren. If they do Marvel I'd like to get Cyclops, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Black Cat.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Welcome!

I always wanted a Mego Scarlet Witch, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Supergirl
                  • May 13, 2020

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Welcome!

I always wanted a Mego Scarlet Witch, too.
                  Not Mego, but I'm getting the Toy Biz Scarlet Witch in the mail!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

welcome to the boards!

Comment

• Supergirl
                      • May 13, 2020

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      welcome to the boards!
                      Thank you! There is so much info here that it is a little overwhelming but it is interesting reading.

Comment

• DMD
                        • May 17, 2020

Hi everyone!

I'm Dave, 48 yrs old, and I recently got back into Mego after buying a few from Target ($9.99 to $12.99 regular price, and $5.41 for damaged boxed figures). I kind of wish the NuMego Fonz had posable thumbs and the action feature the old one did, but I could always buy a one (although, without clothes) cheap through eBay and put the new clothes on the old figure (while cutting the jacket in the back)...the beauty of Mego, being able to swap out parts and clothing and still have a good figure in the end!

My first Mego was a Spider-man 8" that came packaged with the Spider-car. My younger brother had Batman and the Batcopter, but I liked Spider-man more! My problem with the Spider-car was that it didn't look like the one in the 70's comics (but I just shrugged it off anyway)! I was also a fan of Micronauts (at $1 to $1.25 a figure, I was able to get a lot of them by simply picking up loose change on the playground floor at school!). For some reason, a lot of those chrome heads look like Lyle Waggoner, but I digress!

When some store at Yonge Street (Silver Snail?), in Toronto, Canada found boxes of old Mego Star Trek figures, I think I spent about $125 Canadian to get Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scottie, Uhura, and a Klingon and brought it back to the U.S., where some rich kid (who now works as a licensing lawyer for a well known toy company...I'll leave it at that because I might get sued if I reveal his identity!) stole them from me while I went to the hospital for food poison! I think I swore off Mego for many years because of him!

Then I moved from Brooklyn to Las Vegas and found a 12" Mego Hulk (missing white shirt) for $8 at a Thrift store and that was my only Mego I had for many years until now! I moved back to Brooklyn to take care of my elderly parents with wife and 2 kids in tow, and here I am!

I have to admit, the NuMego versions of figures of the past don't have the same "wow" factor, but they still have a charm to them. I managed to get Kirk, Spock. Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov for like $9.99 to $12.99 a piece, but there are things on the old figures that were better (like Kirk's head sculpt)! I do get a kick out of "post football to the nose" Marcia Brady, and Andre the Giant with tiny chair.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Welcome! Lots to enjoy here in the Mego format, old and new. 12" Hulk is a terrific sculpt.

Comment

• PlasticMittens66
                            • Aug 17, 2020

Hi all! I am a die-hard action figure nut, and for the past few months, I have been on a kick of trying to reclaim my favorite toys from childhood. I have picked up a bunch of the Megos that I had in the 70's as well as other items (I don't know if you like the mentioning of other brands on here.) And have even been acquiring some Megos that, I either wanted as a kid but never got, or never knew they existed at the time. I found this site during my quest, and it has been invaluable to me for making sure I get things complete and getting authentic stuff. (Thanks so much!) I have even started making a few Mego customs. I also just re-acquired the Hornetroid and will try and do the same for the Terraphant. (Those and the Battle Cruiser were the only three Micronaut items I used to have.) I just completed my former Star Trek collection as well, including a nice Enterprise. I added a few things to it that would have made me ecstatic as a kid (nothing that alters it's original condition) including LED lights that can change colors with a remote, a couple of extra smaller consoles and extra stools for Spock and Uhura to sit at, and a weapons rack to store all of their belts and tri-corders on, that goes in the storage closet next to the transporter. I even bought the new Sulu and Chekov and put their heads on vintage Kirk bodies (with the appropriate stripes removed from their sleeves, of course.) I downloaded some Star Trek sound effects on my phone and can play them on a Blue-Tooth speaker that I have behind the set. Ebay loves me, to say the least. Take care, friends. Never grow up!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

welcome plasticmittens66. of course you can talk about other toy lines. I think most on the boards collect many different toylines. it was just a love of Mego that brought us together

Comment

• Collector Canine
                                • Aug 21, 2020

Hello everyone! I'm a 19 year-old toy collector (both vintage and modern) in Northwestern Ohio who has, in the past, never really had any desire to collect anything before 1980 unless it was either Star Wars related or from Japan and related to Japanese superheroes, kaiju/monsters, or mecha/giant robots. However, thanks to Mego Museum and a specific YouTube called Brick Mantooth, I'm officially into Mego! I have my very first 8'' action figure from Mego arriving in the mail on Tuesday, that being Dr. McCoy from Star Trek. I have him listed as my favorite on my profile because, well, the only other Mego toys I currently own are my dad's childhood 3 3/4'' Dukes of Hazzard figures. I've never seen The Dukes of Hazzard, but I am a Trekkie and Dr. McCoy is my favorite character from TOS, so he was a logical starting point for me. The only licenses Mego has ever had that I'm at all interested in are Star Trek and their upcoming Ultraman figures. I plan on making those two things the sole focus of my Mego collection. However, if Mego ever decides to license Knight Rider or Back to the Future, count me in instantly. I hope we can get along!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎