Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Wheel Knievel

I did nearly this exact same thing circa Fall 1979. Lucky for me, the big wheel came out from under me, I let go of the handlebars and to the amazement of myself and all my friends, I ended up landing on my feet and running the momentum out. I felt like a super hero and my friends were whooping and hollering as kids do. Then I tried it again. And that's the story of how I got the scars on my knees and how my new Star Trek pants became my new Star Trek shorts. Ah, the folly of youth.

Images
    That's a kid for you. Just not knowing when to stop. I love the first picture, itried similar things but as a teen with Motorbikes and Snowmobiles.
    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Images
    Wild. Yeah, I could name about a dozen "stunt-like" things I did in the 70s and 80s that I never plan on telling my kids until they are much, much older.

Images
    From years of Big Wheel experience of my own, I can honestly say that kid undoubtedly had a very memorable landing.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for the following Mego "Comic Action Heroes" accessories: Penguin's umbrella and Green Goblin's satchel/shoulder bag.

5. This Photo Absolutely says it all !!! Thanks for the post !!

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Fail, we knew how to land back in the day.