Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Batman Body Armor do you like better?

Images
    The guy from Batman Dead End doesn't need no stinkin' body armor.

Images
    My favorite is the Keaton armor. I'd also like to see if someone could do a good armorless version of the suit. Maybe the fabric is a super-advanced kevlar material and it just looks like regular fabric. But then, Batman never needed a fully armored suit in the comics anyways. I thought the Batman Dead End guy made a great Batman without an armor suit. But who knows if it could be done well enough for a movie.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Bat

As a Batman fan, what I like is that he is what he was intended to be - the non-Superman. Superman is has all these wildly incredible powers. Batman is just a guy. A guy who is driven by a single purpose, pushes himself to the farthest and highlest level of human endurance and perfection - and relys on a gobload of cool gadgets - which may or may not include body armor.

I think I would have to put the body armor in the same category as the different rainbow colored costumes from the '50's (the '50's, right?) The cool thing is that Bruce Wayne has this unlimited resource to develop cool gadgets to use as Batman. What's cool about it is that it fits the case, the adventure, or whatever instance Batman finds himself.

Talking that long walk around the park, I liked how Batman Begins pieced the costume together. Bruce Wayne worked out and pushed himself and pieced together the costume and his gear. I like the Michael Keaton Batman movies for pretty much the same reasons - the gadgets - but you don't get the sense that his Batman could really beat anybody up. Bale managed to capture the millionaire-playboy, the driven grief, and the pain-deliverer aspects of Batman.

The Batman films Val Kilmer and George Clooney were in were just so much excess of everything. To me those were like The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. Pick the most cartoonish James Bond flick - with Jaws and there you go. A building collapses on Jaws, and he climbs out of the rubble, brushes himself off, and moves on.

The best Batman stories are like Alex Ross' War On Crime. Basic. Almost minimalistic - if that's a word. A story that doesn't try to sell a whole artillary of accessories. Or camouflage costumes. Or rocket skates.

Of course, I think we all need to keep a place somewhere for Adam West. There's gotta be a place in the utility belt for Shark Repellent and Bat-wick!
    Shameless self-promotion -
    Earth-Dave
    KROC-FM
    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDrako View Post
    My favorite is the Keaton armor. I'd also like to see if someone could do a good armorless version of the suit. Maybe the fabric is a super-advanced kevlar material and it just looks like regular fabric. But then, Batman never needed a fully armored suit in the comics anyways. I thought the Batman Dead End guy made a great Batman without an armor suit. But who knows if it could be done well enough for a movie.

Well said Doc! I think it could be done well enough for a movie, Batman was always are getting jacked up in one way or another in the comics, however, the body armor is for the bullets that are thrown like candy in Hollywood. "Dead End" shows that the body armor is something NOT NEEDED to make Batman interresting. By way of for instance, look at the action figures of Batman in comic form. Body armor on a Batman figure is a specialty at best, whereas the movie Batman figures rely on the concept of body armor. That's not the essence of Batman IMO. He's "The Dark Knight Detective" not "The Dark Knight Riot Controller"!

http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Images
    What they really need to do is watch the Bruce Timm cartoons to see how you can pull it off without armor.

Images
    Val Kilmer Batsuit, in the "first half" of Batman Forever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mego Milk View Post
    The guy from Batman Dead End doesn't need no stinkin' body armor.
    Exactly and not for one minute do you doubt him, at least I didn't. It's my big beef with any Batman movie, I don't see the need for all the armour.