Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Batman Body Armor do you like better?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    The more I see of The Dark Knight version, the more I like it. I'm hoping that the JLA movie finally puts Bats in the grey/black suit.
    That's what I'm hoping for that the Batman in that movie will be Different and not use the Rubber suit.....

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

Keaton.
      Batman Returns.
      Best Batman armor.
      Best Batman movie.

Aw Yeah Batman!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

Although I agree the comic suit with protection under the logo only is my fave ...the only movie to actually show some of the costume being developed and why was Batman Begins...so I suppose that's my fav if any.
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I REALLY hate the armour. ALL of it.

>if he'd just worn a fabric costume he would've been killed.

In real life; but you can do all sorts of stuff in a movie. Part of the Batman's schtick is that he's a super-kung-fu guy; and doesn't need stuff like armour. He can use his blinding speed and skill to anticipate and avoid any attack. Problem is; I can't see Michael Keaton having blinding speed. OR that ripped 6-pack. So I figger the armour was done to compensate.

What blows my mind is that Amercian movies can NEVER do the superhero tights right. Even Spidey had them weird raised rubber webs on his outfit in the last few flicks. It blows my mind 'cos a friend of mine in Japan sent me pics of the cosplayers from a Japanese comic con and THEY managed to replicate comic book outfits perfectly. How is it that an obsessed Japanese nerd can do what a giant film studio can't?

*grrrr*

Don C.

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

for those that don't like the body armor really you can be mad at Frank Miller. In Darkknight returns he even uses a line like (i don't have the comic infront of me right now) "I can't cover everything, why else would I wear a bullseye on my chest"

I liked the look of the keaton suit. I would love to see someone try a mucular guy who can act as batman but I am not sure I really need to see a live action version of Alex Ross's batman. For someone who grew up on Adams and Aparo I loved that muscle definition and no fabric will fit that tight.
            I think the smartest thing they did for x-men was to not use spandex (and the James Marsden quip to Jackman "do you want yellow spandex" nice touch)
            I really didn't like the a foam rubber mucle suit like Flash had in the tv series or latex like Matt Salinger's cap.

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

The guy from Batman Dead End doesn't need no stinkin' body armor.

Comment

• DocDrako
                Formerly Doc Drako
                • Nov 11, 2004

My favorite is the Keaton armor. I'd also like to see if someone could do a good armorless version of the suit. Maybe the fabric is a super-advanced kevlar material and it just looks like regular fabric. But then, Batman never needed a fully armored suit in the comics anyways. I thought the Batman Dead End guy made a great Batman without an armor suit. But who knows if it could be done well enough for a movie.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Airdave817
                  Satellite Monitor Duty
                  • May 31, 2007

As a Batman fan, what I like is that he is what he was intended to be - the non-Superman. Superman is has all these wildly incredible powers. Batman is just a guy. A guy who is driven by a single purpose, pushes himself to the farthest and highlest level of human endurance and perfection - and relys on a gobload of cool gadgets - which may or may not include body armor.

I think I would have to put the body armor in the same category as the different rainbow colored costumes from the '50's (the '50's, right?) The cool thing is that Bruce Wayne has this unlimited resource to develop cool gadgets to use as Batman. What's cool about it is that it fits the case, the adventure, or whatever instance Batman finds himself.

Talking that long walk around the park, I liked how Batman Begins pieced the costume together. Bruce Wayne worked out and pushed himself and pieced together the costume and his gear. I like the Michael Keaton Batman movies for pretty much the same reasons - the gadgets - but you don't get the sense that his Batman could really beat anybody up. Bale managed to capture the millionaire-playboy, the driven grief, and the pain-deliverer aspects of Batman.

The Batman films Val Kilmer and George Clooney were in were just so much excess of everything. To me those were like The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. Pick the most cartoonish James Bond flick - with Jaws and there you go. A building collapses on Jaws, and he climbs out of the rubble, brushes himself off, and moves on.

The best Batman stories are like Alex Ross' War On Crime. Basic. Almost minimalistic - if that's a word. A story that doesn't try to sell a whole artillary of accessories. Or camouflage costumes. Or rocket skates.

Of course, I think we all need to keep a place somewhere for Adam West. There's gotta be a place in the utility belt for Shark Repellent and Bat-wick!
                  Shameless self-promotion -
                  Earth-Dave
                  KROC-FM
                  Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                  "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• The Sentry
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by DocDrako
                    My favorite is the Keaton armor. I'd also like to see if someone could do a good armorless version of the suit. Maybe the fabric is a super-advanced kevlar material and it just looks like regular fabric. But then, Batman never needed a fully armored suit in the comics anyways. I thought the Batman Dead End guy made a great Batman without an armor suit. But who knows if it could be done well enough for a movie.

Well said Doc! I think it could be done well enough for a movie, Batman was always are getting jacked up in one way or another in the comics, however, the body armor is for the bullets that are thrown like candy in Hollywood. "Dead End" shows that the body armor is something NOT NEEDED to make Batman interresting. By way of for instance, look at the action figures of Batman in comic form. Body armor on a Batman figure is a specialty at best, whereas the movie Batman figures rely on the concept of body armor. That's not the essence of Batman IMO. He's "The Dark Knight Detective" not "The Dark Knight Riot Controller"!
                    sigpic
                    http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

What they really need to do is watch the Bruce Timm cartoons to see how you can pull it off without armor.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Val Kilmer Batsuit, in the "first half" of Batman Forever.
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                          The guy from Batman Dead End doesn't need no stinkin' body armor.
                          Exactly and not for one minute do you doubt him, at least I didn't. It's my big beef with any Batman movie, I don't see the need for all the armour.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎