Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Batman Body Armor do you like better?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Which Batman Body Armor do you like better?

So of all the movies which version do you like Better?

I personally always liked Michael keaton's first suit I liked the way it was sculpted despite it being a little stiff....Christian bale's suit is my second choice because it moves the best of all the suits......

Personally I would have liked to have seen the comic version on screen like Sandy Collera's Batman Proved that the comic Book version does work on film...

Michael Keaton's first version

Batman Returns

Val Kilmer Batman Forever

George Clooney Batman and Robin

Christian bale Batman begins

The Dark Knight

and as a throw in Bruce Thomas from the onstar commercials

• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I like Batman and Batman Returns body armour the best.

It's the only armour that don't make me laugh looking at it.

Comment

• YANOULI
      Part-Time Timelord
      • Jan 9, 2006

Definitely the Keaton bodysuits.
      " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

The Christian Bale armor. Its the only armor, where he doesn't seem stiff. His neck seems to be able to rotate, & he doesn't seem to have tunnel vision so to speak.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

The Adam West bat-suit.
          Scott

Comment

• Overkill
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 19, 2007

I'm going to go with the Christian Bale outfit as well. But I'm wondering, when will they make a movie with an actual muscle toned guy in fabric instead of the actor wearing built in muscle armor? Kind of looks silly to have the muscles built into the costume. (Let alone nipples, Mr.Clooney) With those costumes, there could be a flabby Batman hiding under there.

Comment

• YANOULI
              Part-Time Timelord
              • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by Overkill
              I'm going to go with the Christian Bale outfit as well. But I'm wondering, when will they make a movie with an actual muscle toned guy in fabric instead of the actor wearing built in muscle armor? Kind of looks silly to have the muscles built into the costume. (Let alone nipples, Mr.Clooney) With those costumes, there could be a flabby Batman hiding under there.
              As demonstrated in the first movie, the muscle armour is to protect him from bullets and knives, if he'd just worn a fabric costume he would've been killed.
              Also, it adds to the fear factor in the criminals. Nipples aside, what would you've been more scared of, Adam West coming at you or a big black muscly shadow?
              Besides, Bruce Wayne is a multi Millionaire and it stands to reason that he'd have a suit with as much built in protection as possible and it would also help to disguise him when out of costume.

Saying all that, i don't like the last Bale costume at all, it's much to chunky and looks like a guy in a suit rather than something supernatural.
              Last edited by YANOULI; Jan 13, '08, 12:41 PM.
              " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

I can't help but to laugh at the movie rubber suits. They look ridiculous. I think that something akin to the X-Men movies costumes would be a better look for a movie Batman. Spider-Man didn't need an uber-rubber costume, neither does Batman.
                Scott

Comment

• Overkill
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 19, 2007

I see your point, but there could always be a loophole with the protection aspect. I mean, Wayne tech could of created super armor made out of a thin fabric, or something like that in which Batman uses.

And I agree that he'd look less scary, but I've really wanted to see a Batman movie with the costume true to the comic's nature, even if it means having a little less scarier Batman. I want to see a muscle toned Batman jumping around the streets of Gotham in his classic suit. That would be pretty cool I think instead of seeing plastic muscles. I guess it's just my preference. :P

Originally posted by Action Martin
                  I can't help but to laugh at the movie rubber suits. They look ridiculous. I think that something akin to the X-Men movies costumes would be a better look for a movie Batman. Spider-Man didn't need an uber-rubber costume, neither does Batman.
                  I definitely agree. Like I was saying before, having the muscles BUILT INTO his costume is pretty silly. I mean I know it's armor, but still, you can't help laughing at a man walking around with a plastic 8 pack on his chest.
                  Last edited by ABMAC; Jan 13, '08, 2:29 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I was really hoping when Batman Begins was in development, that they'd finally dump the rubber armor look. Keaton looked swallowed up in the first, ill-fitting one, with Returns being slightly better. He still couldn't move. I really liked Kilmer's standard black Batman armor (except for the nipples). Clooney's blue armor was just too...blue. The all blue look didn't work.

BUT the Begins folks made an armor that worked, and they worked it into the story, so I'm okay with it. In Begins Bale was built as Batman should be (see Neal Adams version), so he could have pulled the cloth suit off too I think.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

wow to me they all look awesome,But i would have to go with Keatons first suit
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Captain
                        Fighting the good fight!
                        • Jun 17, 2001

I'm no fan of the rubber suits either, but the suit pictured for the upcoming Dark Knight film looks ok. At least the mask doesnt have the chipmunk cheeks look that the Batman Begins mask did....worst looking of the bat suits in my book.
                        I would like to see them at least try a fabric suit....maybe in Justice League? I was hoping Batman begins might have gone this route, at least for an original suit, having Bats move into the armor over time.
                        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

So true. I mean look at the comic book version with just that small piece of armor under the logo. That's what I've always thought was cool. Here was a guy who wears little armor taking on guys with .44s and .357s. They've got to be thinking to themselves "this must be one crazy mother".

Comment

• Overkill
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 19, 2007

Exactly! That's one of Batman's charms. A guy with no super powers, risking his life every night fighting criminals with gadgets and martial arts. In the movies they give him so much armor for bullets and knives but shouldn't he be dodging those anyways?

Soon in the movies they'll be arming Batman with pistols and rifles.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

The more I see of The Dark Knight version, the more I like it. I'm hoping that the JLA movie finally puts Bats in the grey/black suit.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎