Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highlander 1986

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    love the first film. 2 and 3 were absolute garbage and i can't watch them. TV series was great was it found it's groove and it really defined and expanded the immortal concept. Really like Endgame, plot holes and all. HL 5 was the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen
    Didn't even know there was a Highlander 5. Was endgame the one that married the TV Series to the movies?? And is that considered Highlander 4? Higlander 2, whenever I watch it, reminds me of a Hawkman comic...the one from the late 80's/early 80's.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Images
    yeah, End Game was HL 4 and merged the movies and TV show. but in fairness the show pilot episode did that first by having Connor in it.
    5 was so bad they could not even get a theatrical release in the states so it aired on SciFi. it was called the Source and was about finding the source of their immortality. complete with a thousands of years old jabba the hutt type creature/immortal. stone age immortals with steel weapons.....oh yeah, and the producers did not learn from the disaster that wsa HL 2 and set 5 in the future in a post apocalyptic world

Makes me glad that I missed them.

I remember seeing the first movie in the theater. I thought it was great fun.

The second movie I saw on TV, where it was cut to pieces on cable. It made a bad movie even worst.

I loved the TV series, and Adrian Paul was a GORGEOUS MAN!!!!!

Highlander 4 was semi sort of maybe okay....after a few drinks, but not really memorable, other than killing off Conner.

Never saw HL5 and don't intend to.
    JediJaida

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    love the first film. 2 and 3 were absolute garbage and i can't watch them. TV series was great was it found it's groove and it really defined and expanded the immortal concept. Really like Endgame, plot holes and all. HL 5 was the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen
    I generally ignore the 5th movie exists.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I just watched this , On Comcast On Demands Free Flicks.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

WANTED !!! Mego Ironman } Gloves , Belt Trading for Hot Toys Ironman

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
    I just watched this , On Comcast On Demands Free Flicks.
    did you like it ?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toys2cool View Post
    Huge fan, I only wish the other pieces of crap would've been close to as good as the first One of the best soundtracks ever
    Queens Soundtrack is very good but Micheal Kamen made the Score and its Brilliant

Images
    First movie - Great. loved it. I wish the deleted footage wasn't lost in a warehouse fire. Ironically I didn't see the first movie until after I'd started watching the tv series.

Second movie - renegade version wasn't bad but it doesn't fit into the whole continuity. Theatrical version is best forgotten - Zeist!

3rd movie - ok, watchable, not much else to say.

TV series - I loved it. It really expanded on the whole world of immortals and gave us the Watchers.

TV series The Raven - ok, had potential but didn't really have any story line direction.

4th movie - a good 2 hour tv episode.

5th movie - not really worth it. I saw a working copy and the final Sci Fi version and neither explained what the "Source" was. Only worth watching to see Duncan and Methos and Joe for one last time - although you can see Joe, Methos and Amanda in the "Reunion" dvd which wasn't too bad.

I hear they are going to remake the first movie - why? Don't know if I'll git it a look or not, I usually don't bother wiht remakes.

Why does Hollywood think that they need to remake a classic film or one that has become a cult success? The only remake that I've seen that I think was better then the original was "The Thomas Crown Affair" and I saw that without knowing it was a remake.
    I refuse to watch the remakes of:
    The Bad News Bears
    Taking of Pelham 123
    The Manchurian Candidate
    Flight of the Phoenix
    True Grit - maybe a very good movie but why remake a John Wayne classic
    12 Angry Men
    Rear Window
    He who dies with the most toys wins!