Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Anyone else a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club?

I joined the club about a month ago and received my order that I made through the store for 2006 exclusive Foreign Adventurer accessory set within a week. The price that I paid for the set included "officer" level membership in the club which entitles me to a newsletter and a free exclusive G.I. Joe action figure for the year of my membership. However when my accessory set arrived there was no information about the club (registration, password, "thanks for joining", etc.). I've sent about 3 e-mails to the contact person, Brian, but after a month I haven't heard back.

Any members here? Any problems or is this normal for the Club?
    Scott
  • Lynn TXP 0369
    Career Member
    • Jun 10, 2007

It sounds normal, but Brian usually responds better.

It has been sooo long since I first registard, it has been about 5 years since I joined. I "think" I got a Club member card and that was about it, you make your own password to get in to certain areas like you do any other site. I never got anything else if I recall.

The news letters just starts showing up after a certain date of when you joined after the last news letter went out.

You won't see the free figure until late spring or early summer, this years 12" figure is a Asian AT member. You get a figure in his scivies and you buy the cloths extra if you want them. I got two 12" club member AT figures from the past years in their scivies, and I just never got around to buy the cloths to go with them.

I have to renew my membership, it ran out in Dec. I just havn't got around to renew it or the funds to do so.

Lynn

Comment

• Action Martin
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 30, 2007

I joined specifically for the Asian Adventurer. Finding the Foreign spy suit was a bonus. I just want confirmation from someone over there that I'm part of the Club.
      Scott

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

I don't think you will, I never did, you'll just start getting the news letter.

As long that begins to arrive in a month or so, your in. You'll also get sporadic club emails at times.

Just so you know, the Asian adventurer won't come with cloths, just his under ware. You gotta buy the cloths seperate, just like you did the Foreign spy suit, that was the cloths set for the first free 12" club figure 2 years ago.
        This years cloths may come boxed and not bagged like in the past, so I may have to get those.

I see you live in NE PA, where abouts?
        I also live in NE PA, In Montrose just above Scranton by about 35-40 minutes.

Lynn

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

Thanks for the information. I kind of figured it would be that way.

I live just outside of Stroudsburg. About 30 miles south of Wilkes-Barre.
          Scott

Comment

• JDeRouen
            Author of Small Things
            • Jun 14, 2001

It was like that when I joined the Wacky Wobblers club. I heard nothing and nothing and still more nothing, and suddenly I got my free Wobbler, stickers, club membership certificate, etc.
            --
            Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

I e-mailed Brian again. I finally heard from him on Sunday the 27th. He said that he was out of the office and forwarded my question to Angie, who didn't respond. I e-mailed again on the 30th and Angie responded on the 31st. Angie told me that she sent all information to me about my membership and signing up online on January 2nd, which was not the case. That's the day that I ordered my Foreign Agent accessory set. The only other e-mail that I received was the "Notice that order was shipped from G.I. Joe Collectors' Club" and nothing else. Anyway with the information that Angie provided I was able to finally log in as a member.

By the way, they are now accepting pre-orders for the Man of Asia accessory sets as of today.
              Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

While I was disappointed in my contacts with Brian and Angie, I am extremely pleased with the shipping of items that I have purchased through the club.

The Foreign Adventurer accessory set arrived within 4 days of me ordering it. The Action Pilot/Air Force Dress Uniform set arrived within 3 days. And from the latest club e-mail it looks as though the Asian Adventurer accessory set is waiting for me at the post office. Very pleased.
                Scott

Comment

• LadyZod
                  Superman's Gal Pal
                  • Jan 27, 2007

I've contemplated joining several times, but one thing or another has always come up. Is it worth it?
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                  Check out my art:
                  Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                  Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

I think it's worth it.

Membership is $42 per year (renewal is not automatic). You get a year's (12 months) subscription to Master Collector, which includes the G.I. Joe Club color newsletter, a free 30 word ad each month in Master Collector and on the G.I. Joe Club website, access to the members' only website and Club forums, the opportunity to purchase exclusive Limited Edition Club premiums at the lowest price possible and a FREE membership figure each year. The figures are both 12" and 3 3/4" types, you get 1 free. If you want the other you can purchase it at a discounted price. Other than the lack of commuication confirming my membership, I'm like the Club and I think it's worth it.

G.I. Joe Club
                    Scott

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

I joined Up A few yrs ago, but never renewed my Subscription.
                      I wanted a cheeper price for a few of the 3 3/4 inch Joes I bought threw them, at the convention.

I never Recieved no Free figure, nore 12 issues of that Magazine,.. more like 5 issues at the most. The Mag its self is kinda lame to me, but does show the upcomming Exclusives to the con. For some reason, I just recieved another issue last week.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

What year were you a member? It sounds like the Club did an overhaul in 2006, which is the year of the first Club free Joes.
                        Scott

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

The yr they Released the Dreadnok Rampage boxed set of like 15 or so figures..., I joined so I could get that set.. Being a Dreadnok collector. Not sure on the yr... but it has been quite some time ago.
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Yeah, that was 2004.
                            Scott

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

I will tell you though a few convention Exclusives for this yr do look very neat.

The 12" "Terror on the Sea Floor" , With the Mutant Clam
                              & the 3 3/4 inch Chuckles/ShipWreck 2 pack.

Very impressive figures.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎