Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

No one has mentioned Coulson? Anyone surprised by his outcome?

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Thor
      My only small gripe is this. Why was a earth nuke powerful enough to take out a space craft. It can withstand the rigours of space travel but not one nuke?
      Their shields were down.

Comment

• stevenlore
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 4, 2009

Originally posted by clemso
        I am sure he will be back...possibly as an LMD...or maybe he was an LMD?

Comment

• Operation:Mego
          I'm the Star Spangled Man
          • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by megoknight
          I loved it as well but question? The Rainbow bridge was destroyed, how did Thor get to earth? I saw all the marvel movies that set this up, but there are some gaps aren't there?
          "Tell me, how weak is the all-father using his dark magic to send you here as Earth's protector?" Loki says this to Thor when he first confronts him.

Very surprised, very sad. At least he went out as a hero/with a bang. "So that's what that does...."
          Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 8, '12, 12:44 AM.
          sigpic
          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Back a few pages, I threw out my Deathlok theory. No evidence, just a wouldn't that be kind of interesting.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
              "Tell me, how weak is the all-father using his dark magic to send you here as Earth's protector?" Loki says this to Thor when he first confronts him.
              Might be a setup for Thor 2. There is always a cost to dark magic.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Just saw the movie...Best super-hero flick...I think "The Dark Knight Rises" just got served...
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

I definitely think that, barring another tragic happenstance with an actor, TDKR is going to have some difficulty in beating THE AVENGERS opening weekend at the box office. Now, it could have, overall, a better box office haul, but I don't see it or anything else this summer having a 200 million dollar opening weekend....
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                    I'm the Star Spangled Man
                    • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                    Might be a setup for Thor 2. There is always a cost to dark magic.
                    It might be. That line was just mumbled quickly, but it defiantly seems like something that will come up again in a sequel.

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    Just saw the movie...Best super-hero flick...I think "The Dark Knight Rises" just got served...
                    I know it will be good, but that's my thoughts as well. They say they wanted a Transformers level of ZOMGness, well they achieved it, and surpassed it 10x.
                    sigpic
                    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

IMO Bane is not a strong enough villain to catapault "TDKR" past "The Avengers". And Anne Hathaway is not quite hot enough to make Selina Kyle/Catwoman a big draw either. If anything the movie will have to have legs based on people just wanting to complete the trilogy.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                        here's the thing though... Warners did have Whedon when he was attached to Wonder Woman. Is it likely that he'd return given his previous experience there trying to get that film made Vs the trust And leeway marvel/Disney placed in him to take Avengers all the way to completion? They even let him spend the money to film a three hour movie, knowing that it wasn't ever going to get a three hour theatrical!
                        Hey Ed,
                        My post is more of a fantasy than something that could realistically happen.

Warner's probably lost their shot with Whedon at least with the super-hero genre. Whendon may have now scratched that itch and go on to other films or he may stick with more Marvel films, although Marvel tends to like to get directors on the cheap. Whedon may be contractually bound to Marvel for some more films.

But, I guess my point is Marvel knows what it's doing with its films, and Warner's only knows how to handle Batman.

I think Warner's probably has its head turned up too much to acknowledge that Marvel has a great blueprint for producing these films: Finding a talented director with some measure of love for the source material, Getting a script that has not been massaged by a half dozen different viewpoints, having the comic book end of the company provide support to the director and screenwriter(s), but not allowing them to rewrite the script (as Johns supposedly did on GL). And, finding a casting director that understand the characters and is attempting to find a star who matches that character, not one who is just popular.

Warner's/DC attempted Marvel's blueprint with GL to a degree when Johns was promoted to CCO, but too much work had already been done on the script and production for it to work. Johns couldn't help but try to infuse the script with his additions to the GL mythos, which no doubt hurt the pacing of the film. Warner's chose a great director in Martin Campbell, who had no love for the source material. The film had a blah feel to it because Campbell had no real passion for the project. The casting of Reynolds, which I initially supported, just wasn't right for whatever reason, possibly again going back to the direction and script. Or Reynolds was just wrong for the part.

The two biggest keys to any film is No. 1 a great script and No. 2 a director with a vision and the skill to execute it. With those two aspects in place, there is a much better chance all the rest will fall into place. Marvel got that in spades with Whedon on the Avengers.

And again Marvel has to be applauded for its casting choices. After watching the film, I really can't imagine anyone but Downey Jr., Evans and Hemsworth in their roles, particularly Downey Jr.

I mean it's not a big scene in the movie, but how great was the chemistry between Downey Jr. and Gwenyth Paltrow and Clark Gregg in Iron Man's movie intro.

Evans did an excellent job of going toe-to-toe with Downey Jr. and Ruffalo did bring a nice understated mad scientist vibe to Banner than neither Ed Norton nor Banna ever even approached.

And Renner and Whedon finally made me get how a character like Hawkeye could hang with the big guns by giving him a gift as a tactician as well as with the arrows.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Maybe, Coulson's brain pattern could be the blueprint for the Vision's consciousness?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Hey, not a bad idea! And I liked your post above. Some good points there.

I never would have thought Chris Evans would develop into an actor who could go toe-to-toe with Downey in a scene, but he more than proved that in his solo Cap outing. He really conveyed Cap's presence and born ability to lead. Loved the scene with the cop asking him why they should listen to him. The audience roared both times.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

I would not assume this would out do Dark Knight. Esp opening weekend. Opening weekend is about speculation that a movie will be good. It is banking on a prooven track record which is why sequels often have higher opening weekends. Sider-man 3 was terrible but has the 5th highest opening weekend to date. DKR will have an ENORMOUS opening weekend. if anything Avengers has boosted DKRs interest. will it out shine avengers - i don't think so. it only has the hype of the character and a nearly 4 year old movie. Avengers has had 4 movies in less time plus Iron man the same year as Dark Knight.

Oh and as far as a nuke blowing up a space craft- it was the tiniest pieces of junk that caused two space shuttles to be sadly lost.
                              Last edited by Brue; May 6, '12, 6:48 PM.

Comment

• Thor
                                Thunder God
                                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Brue
                                I would not assume this would out do Dark Knight. Esp opening weekend. Opening weekend is about speculation that a movie will be good. It is banking on a prooven track record which is why sequels often have higher opening weekends. Sider-man 3 was terrible but has the 5th highest opening weekend to date. DKR will have an ENORMOUS opening weekend. if anything Avengers has boosted DKRs interest. will it out shine avengers - i don't think so. it only has the hype of the character and a nearly 4 year old movie. Avengers has had 4 movies in less time plus Iron man the same year as Dark Knight.

Oh and as far as a nuke blowing up a space craft- it was the tiniest pieces of junk that caused two space shuttles to be sadly lost.
                                You are talking about earth tech from the last century. I would think a vessel capable of true space travel would be made of some very exotic alloys and perhaps it would have shielding from some forms of radiation too.
                                sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎