Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Hey for all those who didn't get to see the last end credit. Quite a few fans have posted the Shwarma scene on youtube, check it out before it gets taken down.

Comment

• bleit1701
      Career Member
      • Jan 1, 2009

"Humans are unruly and therefore cannot be ruled. To fight them would court death."
      Thanos turns and grins.
      Just got back from my second viewing. I saw/heard stuff I didn't the first time because of people reacting to the action. The audience was having a ball. I'm already looking forward to the DVD so I can catch all the details.

The council Fury talks to is listed as the UN? security council in the credits. Powers Booth and Jenny Agutter are listed as members.

As for the JLA there is no way for DC to catch up (Marvel has been putting out super hero movies for over a decade) but they can go their own way.
      If you look at the Pixar and other animated movies, a lot of their scenery and backgrounds and even some people are photo realistic. I think a photo realistic animated JLA movie would be the way to go. Get big name talented actors who may or may not look the part and build the characters around the actors and go to town. We all know some costumes don't transfer to live action and need to be changed to avoid looking silly.
      As great as the Avengers is, and it is, something is lost bringing them to live action. The fantasy element, artistic license, what ever you want to call it. The Incredibles is a great superhero film. Somewhere between that and live action could be a super JLA movie.
      Better late than never.....

Comment

• Thor
        Thunder God
        • Dec 17, 2009

This is one of the best comic based movies I've seen. It may be the best movie I've seen in years actually. My only small gripe is this. Why was a earth nuke powerful enough to take out a space craft. It can withstand the rigours of space travel but not one nuke? Then again may it was not a regular nuke. With that small gripe out of the way I loved how the characters were handled especially Thor and the Hulk.
        sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by pmwasson
          My son and I loved the hulk hitting Thor and treating Loki like a rag-doll!
          those were scenes that stood out to us as well!

Hulk rocks.

"Puny god."

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Thanos is a great character -I loved him in the Silver Surfer toon!

Yes, as stated Red Skull WILL pop up again -either in a Cap or Avengers sequel -assuming Hugo doesn't have a conflict.

I thought Loki would be the Villain in this from the time they announced the Thor movie. I figured that Ultron or Kang would be next. Maybe the introduce Pym in 2 and gives us Ultron in 3.

Comment

• nobody
              banjo!
              • Jan 26, 2012

I loved it as well but question? The Rainbow bridge was destroyed, how did Thor get to earth? I saw all the marvel movies that set this up, but there are some gaps aren't there?

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Nothing short of EPIC! everything I wanted was there dream come true. Hulk stole the movie!

Comment

• Thor
                  Thunder God
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by megoknight
                  I loved it as well but question? The Rainbow bridge was destroyed, how did Thor get to earth? I saw all the marvel movies that set this up, but there are some gaps aren't there?
                  I thought about that too.
                  sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

I think a photo realistic animated JLA movie would be the way to go. Get big name talented actors who may or may not look the part and build the characters around the actors and go to town
                    Since the CGI Beowulf came out, that's been my contention. Warner's could adapt something like Kingdom Come if it went in that direction and I'd put Bruce Timm and/or Brad Bird in charge of it.

But I'd still like to see a live-action JLA movie, just to see it. And like Torgo said, use it to spin characters out of. The origins of Flash and Aquaman aren't that vital to the characters exploits and Wonder Woman is so well known, her back story doesn't have to be given. As blah and mediocre as the GL movie was, it did a solid job establishing the GL Corps.

But, I'm excited to see where the IM3, CA2 and Thor2 end up going and a non-origin Hulk movie would be fun too with Ruffalo and the character played as he was in the Avengers.

I think a Shield movie featuring hawkeye and Black Widow would be fun. Like others, I'd like the see Hank Pym and Wasp introduced and even Scarlet Witch and Vision in the Avengers.

Comment

• bleit1701
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 1, 2009

Originally posted by megoknight
                      When Thor and Loki are on the cliff, Loki asks Thor: 'how much dark energy did the all father spend to bring you here?'

It's hard to catch all that stuff in the theatre.
                      Better late than never.....

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

I know the Hulk is getting a lot of the attention and deservedly so but I was very impressed by Loki as the villa

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

That was suppose to be Loki as the villain. Loki didn't appear as a large house in the movie.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Thor
                            This is one of the best comic based movies I've seen. It may be the best movie I've seen in years actually. My only small gripe is this. Why was a earth nuke powerful enough to take out a space craft. It can withstand the rigours of space travel but not one nuke? Then again may it was not a regular nuke. With that small gripe out of the way I loved how the characters were handled especially Thor and the Hulk.
                            The rigors of space travel generally involves propulsion through a frictionless vacuum which is a relatively vast empty space. A voyager space probe withstands the rigors of space travel and would not be immune to the effects of a nuke for example.

An airplane flying within earth's atmosphere encounters more stress.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva
                              If I was Warners I'd try to steal Whedon away and see if he could duplicate the formula with the JLA. If it works, it'd be more than worth it. If it doesn't, they would at least be betting on known quantity.
                              here's the thing though... Warners did have Whedon when he was attached to Wonder Woman. Is it likely that he'd return given his previous experience there trying to get that film made Vs the trust And leeway marvel/Disney placed in him to take Avengers all the way to completion? They even let him spend the money to film a three hour movie, knowing that it wasn't ever going to get a three hour theatrical!
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by phil
                                That was suppose to be Loki as the villain. Loki didn't appear as a large house in the movie.
                                LOL....

And yes Loki was indeed evil...
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢