Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

I read somewhere that the original cut was 3 hours long involving lots of storyline with cap learning to adapt in the modern day World. A lot of it will be on the blue ray release as extras, not directors cut.

Comment

• clemso
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 8, 2001

Also, weird but where were Hawkeye's sun glasses?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I saw a pre-release, what is the other teaser at the end? I saw Thanos, but supposedly there's two?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I saw a pre-release, what is the other teaser at the end? I saw Thanos, but supposedly there's two?
          At the very end of the credits, you see the team at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant eating that swarma or whatever. They are all just sitting there, exhausted. Nothing happens for minutes...and then Thor finally takes a bite. The audience that was left just cracks up.

As for who I thought the villain was, going in cold I figured Ultron. After seeing Loki and the skull guy were working for someone else, I figured Kang, since he's more of an Avengers villain.

Maybe Whedon knew his Secret Wars figure is the greatest pegwarmer of all time and passed? Either way, Thanos is way cooler.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

INFINITY GAUNTLET #1, NM+, Jim Starlin, George Perez, Thanos, 1991 | eBay

They drop mention of "courting Death". It will be interesting to see where they are going with that. Will audiences accept the living embodiment of deaths a character in the marvel films? Many sitting around me had no idea who Thanos was (and why should they?)... A much different vibe when everyone got excited by seeing Thor's hammer or Tony stark show up at the end of Hulk.

SIDESHOW THANOS AND MISTRESS DEATH EXCLUSIVE STATUE DIORAMA DIO | eBay
            Last edited by samurainoir; May 5, '12, 8:40 AM.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

In the scheme of things Thanos is obscure to the general public. His greatest nemesis is Marvel's Captain Marvel, who doesn't even have a high profile as far as the masses are concerned.
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

I definitely would NOT be surprised at all to see THANOS pop up (in same way, shape or form) in IM3, THOR 2 and CA2, even if it's in post-credit sequences just to up his recognition factor. MARVEL and Disney, I think, took a HUGE leap forward in the grand scheme of the Marvel Universe by introducing the Mad Titan in THE AVENGERS and I hope it really pays off....
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I wish Hulk would have just punched people all through the movie: When he and Thor are done fighting back guys, and he just casually punched Thor sideways...great fun...

I thought the movie had a lot of humor, without making it silly.
                  My only disappointments are Loki's troopers, which were kind of bland CG, and Hawkeye's lame costume.

And Hulk-again-showed us that instead of talking to a villain, you just need to grab him the first chance you get and smash him to bits...
                  Last edited by Gorn Captain; May 5, '12, 9:54 AM.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by bleit1701
                    Just one word...

SHAWARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Man, they didn't show that here. The bloody movie operator cut the credits before the end!
                    I did see Thanos....
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      Man, they didn't show that here. The bloody movie operator cut the credits before the end!
                      I did see Thanos....
                      You're not referring to that cheap pirate DVD theater hack that I heard cuts off before the end credits? I can't believe that's already being passed around, if not, I apologize. I can't believe they already have pirates of that movie. Where and how do people get in theaters to do that?
                      I understand some countries that don't have movie theaters and have to resort to piracy. For gosh sakes somebody send movie theaters to Austria!!! LOL
                      I'd rather see the movie in the theaters first. I'm going today. Excited after reading all this stuff. I have not seen it.
                      Last edited by Cosmicman; May 5, '12, 10:39 AM.
                      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                        I did see Thanos....
                        I read the Non-US release didn't include that last after the credit restaurant clip.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Man, Marvel does movies better than comics now a days. Avengers was really fun. Real tip of the hat to Whedon for getting that monster to work.

As impressive as the action was, the little character pieces really made the film work. Whedon did a great job of letting the interactions between the characters better define the individuals. It really meant something for Cap and IronMan to go at each other, point out each other's weaknesses and then redeem themselves in the other's eyes. To me that kind of stuff has always been the best part of team comics and Whedon captured it about as well as it could be done.

The three-way fight between Cap, IM and Thor was really cool, and Hulk really stole the show in a couple of scenes. To me, Hulk is generally at his best in the comics as sort of an unwilling teammate or an adversary of a more standard hero. Whedon got that. Sure hope he's involved some way in the next Hulk movie.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Haven't seen the movie yet but as a traditionally DC fan I already feel sad...
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

I hear you Anthony. I'm kind of at the point where I'm not sure if I really want to see a JLA movie. If it can be done as well as the Avengers, what's the point. I don't think Warners would trust anyone enough to do with it what Whedon did with the Avengers.

If I was Warners I'd try to steal Whedon away and see if he could duplicate the formula with the JLA. If it works, it'd be more than worth it. If it doesn't, they would at least be betting on known quantity.

At least under Timm's direction we get some decent cartoon movies with DC characters.

Comment

• torgospizza
                                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                                • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by madmarva
                                I'm kind of at the point where I'm not sure if I really want to see a JLA movie. If it can be done as well as the Avengers, what's the point. I don't think Warners would trust anyone enough to do with it what Whedon did with the Avengers.
                                I think they should just do it. For all the characters currently not in movies, just include them anyway. People that aren't geeks will figure out soon enough the guy in red with lightning bolts on his costume is fast, the guy with fins and scales on his costume can swim well, etc...just use the JLA as a springboard for individual franchises, rather than having to go through the obligatory origin movies first.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎