• clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Is it on youtube yet?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

OMG!!!! The Avengers just rocked my freakin' world!!!!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

That was the most fun I think I've ever had at the movies. It was so great to see these characters interact with such a tight script and witty dialog. And each character got his/her due, had several good moments, all true to the character.

I can honestly say I have no complaints. Surprised by the villain reveal at the end though. I was expecting someone else, but who can complain?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Steve Rogers hands Nick Fury $10.

Not all the best lines but:

"I watched you while you were sleeping."

"I have a set. It's even mint."

"Agent Colson is very proud."
          Last edited by johnmiic; May 4, '12, 8:33 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

My son and I loved the hulk hitting Thor and treating Loki like a rag-doll!
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Some of my favorite lines:

"...there's some minor foxing around the edges..."

"Does your mother know you're wearing her curtains".

"There's only one God, Ma'am. And he doesn't dress like that."

"Puny God."

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                That was the most fun I think I've ever had at the movies. It was so great to see these characters interact with such a tight script and witty dialog. And each character got his/her due, had several good moments, all true to the character.

I can honestly say I have no complaints. Surprised by the villain reveal at the end though. I was expecting someone else, but who can complain?

Chris
                Just out of curiosity, who were you expecting at the end? With the involvement of the Cosmic Cube and the previous bandying about of his name, I was pretty much expecting Thanos, but I never expected him to look so much like, well, Thanos! But like it, I like it!!! I kinda hope they save him as the Big Bad for A3 and maybe have someone else as his minion in A2...
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 14, 2012

Originally posted by pmwasson
                  My son and I loved the hulk hitting Thor and treating Loki like a rag-doll!
                  Yeah they were the big laughs for us too.

I liked "Target acquired. Target engaged. Target angry!!!" and the "reverse the polarity" nod to Doctor Who.
                  Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                    I'm the Star Spangled Man
                    • May 21, 2011

With the Ultimate Marvel Marathon, the people who went at midnight went from true fans, to just fans. First place, down to second.
                    sigpic
                    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                      Just out of curiosity, who were you expecting at the end? With the involvement of the Cosmic Cube and the previous bandying about of his name, I was pretty much expecting Thanos...
                      I thought Red Skull was being floated as a return villain. I had heard Thanos might be in this but he is sooooo comic-book looking I'd figured he would look watered down but, damn, there was no doubt it was him at the end.

If only FF had been at Paramount instead of FOX maybe we could have had a crossover with them involved too. We could've had maybe Annihilus, the Negative Zone, Kree, Silver Surfer, Capt. Marvel. What a missed opportunity. Maybe FF and their characters will wind up in the same stable by the next sequel or so. The film version of The Avengers would really benefit from having Marvel or Surfer in the team.

Also the Spider-Man cameo rumor proved to be false. He should'a had a cameo.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                        I'm the Star Spangled Man
                        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by johnmiic
                        I thought Red Skull was being floated as a return villain. I had heard Thanos might be in this but he is sooooo comic-book looking I'd figured he would look watered down but, damn, there was no doubt it was him at the end.

If only FF had been at Paramount instead of FOX maybe we could have had a crossover with them involved too. We could've had maybe Annihilus, the Negative Zone, Kree, Silver Surfer, Capt. Marvel. What a missed opportunity. Maybe FF and their characters will wind up in the same stable by the next sequel or so. The film version of The Avengers would really benefit from having Marvel or Surfer in the team.

Also the Spider-Man cameo rumor proved to be false. He should'a had a cameo.
                        Same here. Why else show us that he was teleported by the Rainow Bridge if they weren't gonna use him (evnetionally, I mean)? He might appear in Cap's second movie with otherworldly tech, but I expected him to be in The Avengers, or the sequel at least.
                        sigpic
                        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

I'm sure amidst all the wormholes opening up in contemporary times, skull will pop up in time for a cap sequel. They just needed a device to get him to modern day, and rainbow bridge/cosmic cube just happened to work out well since it's been established in Thor.

there is just too many characters to service from all the individual movies, although bringing in Pepper and Jarvis was necessary for the plot. Nice that Jane foster got a nod. Whedon has said that the old Peggy Carter scene was cut, but will be seen on the DVD. Surprised Sharon Carter wasn't included either since she's a shield agent, but they have to save things for Cap's own movies too.

Looking forward to seeing where they go with Thanos for an Avengers sequel. Although the aliens could have very well been an annihilation wave from the negative zone or the skrulls.

I've kind of got a theory about agent coulson with absolutely no evidence to support it other than the fact that marvel has a development slate of characters it wants to exploit... Deathlok. Would seem to be the kind of character that would fit into a black ops Avengers film starring Fury, Widow and Hawkeye.
                          Last edited by samurainoir; May 5, '12, 8:30 AM.
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bleit1701
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 1, 2009

I was banking on Thanos or Kang.

The commisson? (the guys on the monitors). Are they in the comics?

The only hesitation I had was at the beginning when Loki was talking to the guy who looked like DR Doom who was going on his rant. I had a Power Rangers vibe. Luckily it didn't last long but I was worried for a moment.
                            Better late than never.....

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

I agree it's the most fun I've had in as while at the movies and I see a ton of movies.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎