Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do dye a Mego T-2 leg to flesh color?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

How do dye a Mego T-2 leg to flesh color?

How can I dye on a Mego right leg, to matches it's original flesh CIPSA body?

How about little bleach with some water and let it soaking, how long it'll brighten the Mego leg? If it's not safer, what's the name of dye brand that'll works to matches Bill's left leg? Please let me know what I should do with it, thank you.....
    Last edited by Mr Mego; May 5, '12, 9:59 PM.
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

THat type of plastic probably won't take dye to well.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
      Career Member
      • Jul 25, 2010

Wonder what leaving it in the sun for a couple days would do? Might fade it a little and be a closer match.
      Vintage Toy Rescue
      1614-B N State Hwy 161
      Grand Prairie, TX 75050
      (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

I never really tried to dye a Mego body part. I did not think that the dye would penetrate the plastic. You are probably better off sticking with original replacement parts when you can find them.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Dyes and paints don't work so good on this kind of plastic. (Which I've seen referred to as "self oiling.") Anything that'd fade the colour would probably damage the plastic; ie: by drying it out. You might try a CTVT leg. Their caucasian bodies tend to be a bit more pale than Mego ones.

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

I say you just have a little patience Pat...Hopefully you can find anther one
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mr Mego
              Love to play with Megos
              • Oct 19, 2003

Thanks guys for trying to helping me out.

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
              Wonder what leaving it in the sun for a couple days would do? Might fade it a little and be a closer match.
              Yeah, that's what I thought. I remember I had a vintage Star Wars ANH Luke figure that I left outside and it faded slightly to light tan, I forgot put him back in my toys box when I was 10. I'll finding another one Mego T-2 leg with light tan and I'll try to fading it by window daily and keep checking to see if it's near matches to my Bill's flesh leg. I believe it'll works, it won't cracking the whole leg but will worn out if with yellow rubber bands that holds the body. I will remove the yellow one and metal pin off then laying the leg on the table closer to the window or outside in the sun - not too long, I knows if I left it too long will ruining it.

I'm not recommended used repro leg on him, I just wanted to keep my Bill 100% original because that is the toughest to find but thanks.

UPDATED:

I removed pics and infor. about Bill with a Mego right leg because of nayrbgo mad at me and told me to edit my thread..........
              Last edited by Mr Mego; Aug 7, '12, 3:02 AM.
              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎