Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Thread: How do dye a Mego T-2 leg to flesh color?

Images
    Blog Entries

Figure How do dye a Mego T-2 leg to flesh color?

How can I dye on a Mego right leg, to matches it's original flesh CIPSA body?

How about little bleach with some water and let it soaking, how long it'll brighten the Mego leg? If it's not safer, what's the name of dye brand that'll works to matches Bill's left leg? Please let me know what I should do with it, thank you.....
    Last edited by GeneralApeGuy; May 5, '12 at 9:59 PM.
    My Good Traders List: Buy/Sell/Trade
    Visit my new Facebook! www.facebook.com/GeneralApeGuy
    This is my TOP favorite Planet of the Apes Collection!

Blog Entries
    THat type of plastic probably won't take dye to well.
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
    -John Wayne

Wonder what leaving it in the sun for a couple days would do? Might fade it a little and be a closer match.
    My Want List

My trading card want/trade list Trading Cards

My Good Trader's List

Looking for Buddy L Incredible Hulk vehicle set; Electro, Baron Zemo and Hobgoblin Hovercraft; Iceman and Black Costume Spider-Man Jet Copter

Depends on what time of year it is. Missouri & Arizona
    Images
    I never really tried to dye a Mego body part. I did not think that the dye would penetrate the plastic. You are probably better off sticking with original replacement parts when you can find them.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Images
    Hmmmm....

Dyes and paints don't work so good on this kind of plastic. (Which I've seen referred to as "self oiling.") Anything that'd fade the colour would probably damage the plastic; ie: by drying it out. You might try a CTVT leg. Their caucasian bodies tend to be a bit more pale than Mego ones.

Don C.

Images
    I say you just have a little patience Pat...Hopefully you can find anther one
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys for trying to helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshal Bill View Post
    Wonder what leaving it in the sun for a couple days would do? Might fade it a little and be a closer match.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I remember I had a vintage Star Wars ANH Luke figure that I left outside and it faded slightly to light tan, I forgot put him back in my toys box when I was 10. I'll finding another one Mego T-2 leg with light tan and I'll try to fading it by window daily and keep checking to see if it's near matches to my Bill's flesh leg. I believe it'll works, it won't cracking the whole leg but will worn out if with yellow rubber bands that holds the body. I will remove the yellow one and metal pin off then laying the leg on the table closer to the window or outside in the sun - not too long, I knows if I left it too long will ruining it.

I'm not recommended used repro leg on him, I just wanted to keep my Bill 100% original because that is the toughest to find but thanks.

UPDATED:

I removed pics and infor. about Bill with a Mego right leg because of nayrbgo mad at me and told me to edit my thread..........
    Last edited by GeneralApeGuy; Aug 7, '12 at 3:02 AM.
    My Good Traders List: Buy/Sell/Trade
    Visit my new Facebook! www.facebook.com/GeneralApeGuy
    This is my TOP favorite Planet of the Apes Collection!