Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would it be possible to get a live webcam at MegoMeet ?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it's just me...but...let's say we did do it...I think it would cause folks that are/were on the edge about going to stay home.

I don't mean it to sound intimidating at all...but...some folks may draw back from coming cause they can sit in the comforts of their home instead of coming and hanging out.

I know that there are some folks that can speak to this...folks that were on the fence...came...and had a great time.

It's a generous bunch of folks that keep coming back every year...if your new or old and have thought about coming but haven't, I urge you to try it just once...

I think that the folks that want you to come out number the folks that are on the fence...so come on down...spend a few days with people who get it...no judgments...well...during the meet...afterwards...EVERYONE is fair game
    I'm not the Droid you are looking for...Move Along!

I made a UStream account and played around with it using my 3G iPad. Seemed to work pretty good. Granted, I only experimented briefly - not sure how many could watch my feed - but I think there was a chat window or something to interact with me and ask questions for me to answer.

The Meet itself would be pretty busy, but certain times could probably be streamed somehow.

If I am able to do anything; it will purely be on-the-fly, which I'd post in the Meet forum that I was preparing to broadcast...maybe watch me paint a zombie or walk the dealer rooms and stuff like that...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noelani72 View Post
    I made a UStream account and played around with it using my 3G iPad. Seemed to work pretty good. Granted, I only experimented briefly - not sure how many could watch my feed - but I think there was a chat window or something to interact with me and ask questions for me to answer.

The Meet itself would be pretty busy, but certain times could probably be streamed somehow.

If I am able to do anything; it will purely be on-the-fly, which I'd post in the Meet forum that I was preparing to broadcast...maybe watch me paint a zombie or walk the dealer rooms and stuff like that...
    This would probably be OK for the seminars. There are some really good presentations each year that would be fairly easy to stream because only one or two people are speaking at one time. The general disorganization of the Suite would make streaming that difficult.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by megocrazy View Post
    This would probably be OK for the seminars. There are some really good presentations each year that would be fairly easy to stream because only one or two people are speaking at one time. The general disorganization of the Suite would make streaming that difficult.
    oh most def...no streaming from the suite. period.
    If i get some time, i will fart around with that ustream account..but i am awfully busy at the moment.

Images
    I want a live camera on at the Meet itself so I can watch people scratching their backside because they don't know they're live on camera
    .................................................. .......................

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I want a live camera on at the Meet itself so I can watch people scratching their backside because they don't know they're live on camera
    If we know when you're watching I'll organize a group to scratch their frontsides as well.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Images
    Mike you should go it's not to far from nj

I think we should have a live video feed at the Toy Museum every year. We should have been doing it since around the time the 3rd MM was held. Seeing the lectures, breaking news, Q & A and tutorials would be a great thrill for people who can't make it and would probably motivate them to come in person next time.

The Mego Suite is something people need to come in person to see. It doesn't make sense logistically to broadcast. You would need a bunch of people to follow conversations around the room. You would never get enough people to volunteer to do it. I couldn't even get friends to help me video Megocon for the DVD. I had to set up camera's and let them record lectures unmanned. That's why it would be easier to record the lectures and stuff at the Toy Museum.

Now that we have more dealer rooms a couple of cams covering the rooms would be nice as intermission stuff between scheduled events. James also does well w/interviewing people and could do it live between lectures. I think it's long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    If I find a camera running, I will hack it and replace the signal with a loop of John Michaels sleeping.
    A-Ha! You misspelled my name! Now I know who has been sabotaging my event ID every year! I have Skype so anyone who wants to watch me sleep at home is welcome to sign on.
    Last edited by johnmiic; May 9, '12 at 12:34 AM.
    "The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow...How did it come to this?"

"Keep buggerin` on, ayyy!"