X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

A Question Regarding Non-Mego Customs.

I've got some non-Mego toy customs that I figure I'll eventually get around to sharing/finishing and I'd like some honest opinions about proper place to share them.
    I know some members have (at least in the past) wanted to keep the forums "mego" and had strong opinions about non Mego material/scale, especially regarding customs. My customs are not necessarily even action figures or related, they are more "custom toy".
    Would it be improper form to start a thread here, or here's fine but use the non-mego icon, or should I put it in classic toys?
    Honest answers and opinions appreciated, thanks.-Andy
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I've seen 12 inch, Barbie and other non mego stuff in customs without a lot of fuss. I think most of the strictly Mego types are not around as much anymore. And, personally I post mostly non mego customs and don't get kicked out.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I was never a Fan of Anyone Who *****ed about what they Viewed as "Non Mego Customs" .
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

I would think if it was posted clearly as non-Mego or whatever the different scale was it would be cool so people that weren't interested didn't waste their time looking. Probably shouldn't be considered for Custom of the Month though, since it is Mego Museum. Personally, I like seeing well-made, creative custom figures no matter what base figure is used or what the scale is.

I plan on posting WIP pics of a 1/6 non-Mego Tarzan this weekend, so I hope no one gets bent out of shape about it. I'm mainly going to post because I want to pick your brains for suggestions and advice, because I want it to end up as killer as possible and there's tons of talent and knowledge here to draw from.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

Ok, good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡