Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

... I think if thats the actual Size of the Hulk in them Proto Pics, they Screwed up and made him far too Big based on his size in the movie imo ... He didn't need to be that Damn Big.

All the Hot Toys and Avenger Fans will be there just the Same for Hulk. Characters like Hawkeye and Fury are selling out on sites right now ...., Pre-orders for Hulk will do the same imo.

It does make for a difficult collecting line when prices are so very Much for the Pieces. I'm behind myself with about 3 of them I wanted ....., But it does make you really pick for the Unrich ...., and make each piece so much better when you get 1.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
      It's curious Hot Toys didn't have the Hulk ready to go for pre-order when this film hit. Imagine the number of knee-jerk orders they could have gotten from folks who saw this film for the first time? They are losing a ton of business by not having this guy ready. Epic screw up in their marketing department.
      Except that is not the way you market a high end luxury item. Think of it in similar terms to how you'd sell a high end car.

They do not count on knee jerk orders, because the model of high price point and low production numbers essentially insures that their customer base who will be dropping $500 or whatever on this, does not behave in that manner.

You cultivate a strong and loyal customer base who will drop the 5 bills for the promise of high quality and the exclusivity behind the Hot Toys brand. Not because you've placed it beside the cash register as a ten dollar impulse-buy item.

People who generally behave as impulsively as you describe, will inevitably be the ones that don't follow through with their purchases after putting down the deposit, or try to wriggle out of their pre-order via the credit card company when they suffer buyers remorse. Those headaches are just never worth it. Whereas those who are committed, will be committed no matter what and have put-aside that money for their expensive collectible item/"investment".

It appears Hot Toys is seeing how a property tracks and then fares at the box office before going into production. It obviously worked to their benefit when you think of last year's disappointment around Green Lantern and the surprise hit X-Men First Class became. Conservatism would seem to have worked out in their favour by taking this approach. Short Term thinking never benefits a company in the Long Term Game. With their astonishing success over the past ten years, you really can't say they are doing much wrong with their current approach and growth (other than specific past production issues that had plagued them).
      Last edited by samurainoir; May 13, '12, 6:35 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• mishu2nite
        Persistent Member
        • Nov 26, 2001

The more hot toys I see, the more I want, the more I get, the more space they take up, the more I wish they were 1/9 scale instead of 1/6. The hot toys boxes just stack up, add the ashley wood figures I collect, I am affraid my collection will be accidently shown on storage wars.......opps wrong storage shed.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by warlock664
          Dude, you have it bad! Hot Toys Fever !
          no doubt
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I think they were right to keep Hulk for last.
            Just think of it: if they had released him early, people might have said "no way, I can't ever collect them all this way, I'm not even going to start my HT Avengers collection".

But now, they pick up Iron Man or Cap, it gets the ball rolling, they do start to consider "buying them all". Once they get to the last one, Hulk, there's no going back, they simply must have that last (expensive) one, too.
            Good marketing strategy on HT's part...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
              It appears Hot Toys is seeing how a property tracks and then fares at the box office before going into production. It obviously worked to their benefit when you think of last year's disappointment around Green Lantern and the surprise hit X-Men First Class became. Conservatism would seem to have worked out in their favour by taking this approach. Short Term thinking never benefits a company in the Long Term Game. With their astonishing success over the past ten years, you really can't say they are doing much wrong with their current approach and growth (other than specific past production issues that had plagued them).
              Solid points.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I seem to recall they had figures from the last Terminator flick already up for pre-order before the movie underwhelmed. Maybe they learned from that one.

Avengers was a no-brainer hit, although no one quite expected this reaction!!!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Not sure the "Lesson" Learned. Those figures go for a Grip ...., and the Movie was good too.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Shows you what I know. I assumed since the Playmates figures flopped, the Hot Toys license wasn't lucrative for them.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Hot Toys Loki

www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=59952

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

the likeness is amazing!! one of the best I've seen
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Man---that looks damn sweet!!!!
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

I wish Loki would stop looking at me like that. It scares me...
                              Very nice sculpt and paints indeed.

Do we have any more pics on the Hulk yet?
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎