Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
capbanner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvel Select Thing

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Apparently droids leave footprints in sand, but Imperial troopers dont.
    Makes sense that heavier droids make prints and the troopers don't.

Plus the troopers are all positioned closer to the perimeter rim of the statue.

PLUS even IF we were to take the "reality" into account and feel
    the statue has failed in that regard, and then ditch that conclusion for art's sake....

... then the "theme/drama" of the statue is along the lines of
    "we've discovered DROIDS have the plans AND they have escaped"...

...so you take artistic liberty and focus on the vacated droids prints rather
    than the lingering troopers.

I'd say, the worst thing about that statue's "reality" is no R2-D2 trail.
    "Clark, when people are scared, they have a tendency to hop on a bandwagon before they see who's driving it. But when they wise up, and believe me, they will, what matters is that you'll be there for them. Leading by examples just like always. Truth, justice and the American way. It ain't broke, so don't fix it. Besides, if those knuckleheads don't quit tugging on your cape, you can always kick their self-righteous behinds to kingdom come." - Pa Kent

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I like how sculptors miss the most basic things...like his pants being tight enough to show all the musculature, but yet they don't show any of the rock detail.
    same reason why they don't show basic things like genital details or nipplage on most figures with skintight clothing... Unstable molecules!

Images
    Love my Marvel Select Thing, as well as the Hulk, Abomination, Juggernaut and Thanos - they all look terrific standing next to my Megos!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Images
    It's actually a nice figure, and a lot of folks draw the Thing like that. I've never seen his thighs that big though. And good call on no rocks on this legs. We know he has them...he wore shorts for 40 years!

Chris

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    It's actually a nice figure, and a lot of folks draw the Thing like that. I've never seen his thighs that big though. And good call on no rocks on this legs. We know he has them...he wore shorts for 40 years!

Chris
    I always thought the pants were drawn as hiding the rocks.
    "Clark, when people are scared, they have a tendency to hop on a bandwagon before they see who's driving it. But when they wise up, and believe me, they will, what matters is that you'll be there for them. Leading by examples just like always. Truth, justice and the American way. It ain't broke, so don't fix it. Besides, if those knuckleheads don't quit tugging on your cape, you can always kick their self-righteous behinds to kingdom come." - Pa Kent

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samurainoir View Post
    At least folks are getting value for their $20! If you've got complaints about plastic to price ratios... the Marvel Selects are definitely big an' heavy enough to justify the price point by weight.
    Aha, more great bookends!
    $20!
    Because of the weight and size, these guys cost around $45 here. I'm green with envy!
    Gorn smash!!!!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Images
    The Marvel Select line is really cool for the larger characters like Hulk, Thing, Abomination, Juggernaut, Thanos, Red Hulk, etc.

That's a great price, too. They are way more expensive here in the UK.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for the following Mego "Comic Action Heroes" accessories: Penguin's umbrella and Green Goblin's satchel/shoulder bag.