Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I've just seen The Avengers!!! (No Spoilers)

Images

Tardis

Since I'm now officially unemployed, I guess I can make the midnight show and sleep in the next morning. It's a shame no one around here is showing the Marathon. Closest one is in Cincy....
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    Saw it on Thursday in Imax 3D, and seriously, this movie delivers the goods.

Pretty much everything a fan could realistically want from an Avengers movie is in here.
    There are moments when you'll cheer out loud at what's up there on the screen.

The representation of the characters is faithfully carried over from their respective individual movies, so if you liked how the characters were portrayed and interpreted in those, you'll accordingly like how they're handled here.

And the fights and action set pieces are suitably jaw dropping.

(Sure, as a die-hard fan boy, there are still a few issues I have with certain aspects of these Marvel movies, but it's easy to overlook those when a property is adapted with as much dynamism and sheer unbridled enthusiasm as this.)

And the coda features a great cameo from a certain Marvel villain, which promises truly great things for the sequel.

Worth the wait? Damn right. And then some!
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for the following Mego "Comic Action Heroes" accessories: Penguin's umbrella and Green Goblin's satchel/shoulder bag.

Images
    My wife went along, and she didn't even know Banner was The Hulk. I wish I could be so surprised again as she was, seeing a Hulk transformation for the first time. She nearly squeezed my hand into pulp!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Images
    Like everyone, I'm really looking forward to it to. I've read enough of the reviews to know that Marvel did it right again, which is fantastic.

But, every time I walk past a piece of Avengers merchandising or see the trailer or the commercials, in the back of my head the question pops up, "how did the Avengers beat the Justice League to the big screen, when the JLA is owned by Warners?" I know Disney now owns Marvel now but Marvel Studios was setting up this film well before Disney bought the company.

Oh well, not to put a damper on the Avengers mania, but I hope in couple of years I can be just as excited for a JLA movie.

My wife is really geting a kick out of all this...every time they show a TV spot she looks over and catches me giggling like a 12 year old girl at a slumber party.

I haven't been this excited to see a movie since like...EVER.

^^^ Same thing with me.

The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

just saw it and all I can say is 'WOW"!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbait View Post
    just saw it and all I can say is 'WOW"!
    How did you see it?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorn Captain View Post
    My wife went along, and she didn't even know Banner was The Hulk. I wish I could be so surprised again as she was, seeing a Hulk transformation for the first time. She nearly squeezed my hand into pulp!
    That's awesome, man--I would have loved to see that reaction. It's so well-known, I wouldn't even consider it a surprise or a secret, so that really had to be shocking for her if it hadn't been addressed previously in the film.

Images
    Just a note, saw the film, and it's pretty KID FRIENDLY! no worries there.