Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've just seen The Avengers!!! (No Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

I've just seen The Avengers!!! (No Spoilers)

Just saying. Wooohoooo!!!!
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

So I take it it was good then, clemso...?
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

Yep!
      saw it last night.

Aw. Yeah. Ven. Gers.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Kinda envious.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

My son is about to explode. I have to get him to the movie theater as soon as school lets out next Friday or I'm liable to have to scrape him off the ceiling. And I'm not too far behind him.

As an old Bat-fan, I hate to admit I'm looking forward to Avengers more than DKR. DKR looks great, but I know it's going to be kind of a downer for the majority of it, and Avengers just looks FUN.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
            Kinda envious.
            Ditto here, PT! It seems everyone in the world will see an American superhero team before America!!!
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

It would have been awesome if after all of this build-up your reaction was just..."Meh".

Gotta line us up some babysitting!
              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

This is the first movie in a very looooong while that I'm making plans for for the midnight showing! I haven't been to a midnight show since SPIDER-MAN 2 and then I was working a relatively sane shift of 8:00 - 4:30.

Now I'm working the crazy-arse shift of 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., so I'll probably get out of the midnight show, come home, hit the shower, post a short blurb here, then go into work, come home at 3:30, pass out for about an hour, then hit the evening showing!!!! I'm stoked for it, kiddies (guess I'd better go out and get me a supply of five hour energy drinks, eh?)!!!!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

As an old Bat-fan, I hate to admit I'm looking forward to Avengers more than DKR. DKR looks great, but I know it's going to be kind of a downer for the majority of it, and Avengers just looks FUN.
                  Ditto....
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                    I'm the Star Spangled Man
                    • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                    This is the first movie in a very looooong while that I'm making plans for for the midnight showing! I haven't been to a midnight show since SPIDER-MAN 2 and then I was working a relatively sane shift of 8:00 - 4:30.

Now I'm working the crazy-arse shift of 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., so I'll probably get out of the midnight show, come home, hit the shower, post a short blurb here, then go into work, come home at 3:30, pass out for about an hour, then hit the evening showing!!!! I'm stoked for it, kiddies (guess I'd better go out and get me a supply of five hour energy drinks, eh?)!!!!
                    I'm going to the Ultimate Marvel Marathon so I think I'm gonna need some too. Gonna buy any extra for me?
                    sigpic
                    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

There will be several of us hitting the midnight show on Thursday. Reviews have been ridiculously good on this movie from all sources. The Rotten tomatoes site had it at 97%, last time I looked, which is like 12% better than any movie has ever been. I've heard two reviews that stated it was the best comic movie ever made. I'm pretty psyched to see it. I do the midnight show about once a year but this is about as excited as I've been. Potter stuff was probably a close second.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                        I'm going to the Ultimate Marvel Marathon so I think I'm gonna need some too. Gonna buy any extra for me?
                        ::laffs:: Sure---I'll pick ya up a couple of bottles, O:M. I just wish I could go to the marathon myself, but work (and bills) calleth me away! Have some fun for me, dude!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                          I'm the Star Spangled Man
                          • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                          ::laffs:: Sure---I'll pick ya up a couple of bottles, O:M. I just wish I could go to the marathon myself, but work (and bills) calleth me away! Have some fun for me, dude!
                          Don't worry, I'll have enough fun for 10 people! And it's a good thing I have some money left over in my sock so I can go to things like this. I have a feeling people will be talking about it so it'll feel good to say 'I was there!'
                          sigpic
                          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

OK, here's my review:
                            Wooohoooo, yeah, awesome, loved it, woooohooo again!!!!!

I won't spoil it with giving away any surprises, but it's absolutely great. Hulk steals the show, and at times he's very funny, then very scary.
                            I stil think Hawkeye's costume sucks.
                            The Tesseract concept is a bit weak, so are the bad guys, but let's face it: you just want to see Hulk and Thor duke it out, and all the characters are like in the comic book.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see it again...
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• raider5gt
                              Museum Tree Cutter
                              • Nov 25, 2007

Got the nipper this weekend,so going to try and get to watch this next week,from a few reveiws it sounds good,looking forward to it.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎